Marvel Puzzle Quest Developer Q&A October 2022 (10/18/22)

Options
13»

Comments

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Welcome to the forum @S0kun glad to have you here.

‘’There was recently a thread on Reddit and mirrored on Discord about someone suspected of using some kind of exploit to play PvE awfully fast. I myself have noticed someone in my bracket that went from not really competing to pushing the person I believe to be the best PvE player in the game to the edge, seemingly overnight. Understanding how PvE scoring works this seems suspicious at best. These players are both in the same alliance and from my understanding use the same platform. What can you tell the players to reassure them that you are watching, have the ability to recognize, and dealing with potential speed hacks.

Thank you for your time.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1. Would it be so bad to remove the damage cap from 4* Kitty and 5* Storm? The damage output from these powers would still be tame when compared to Shang Chi and Jane FosThor who can punch their way to another multiverse.

2. Curious how you guys would handle releases for characters that already exist as 3*. Will we ever see a 5* version of Psylock, Sentry, Quicksilver and Punisher?
  • Thoooooor
    Thoooooor Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Welcome S0kun!

My question this month is, to address the challenges with the games economy and help address iso-hell with almost 300 characters that people have to level up, would developers consider linking more of the economy to Shield Level as a method of addressing this fairly?

For example, each shield level represents a 1% increase in ISO. This means those at a larger shield level will likely have more characters to level and it gives some more meaning and credibility to shield levels at all stages of gameplay. The increase would make a difference without being too dramatic and could help increase iso for daily and bonus rewards too. What do you think? This could be applied to red iso too and maybe a difference % to hero points or CP etc
  • bigcaktus
    bigcaktus Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hi, and welcome S0kun, hope you will enjoy this community!

Sorry, if those questions have already been told, I haven't read the whole other questions ;):smile:

1- Is it planned to add some new support items in the game ?

2- Is it possible to change the champions' picture with a toy (Jubilee, the last 3* Emma Frost) ? It's just so horrible :) ... I'm sure you can pick nice drawing of these champions !

thank you 

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Only one question for now:

1.  Will there be new additional time slices for PVE?  The during work hours, immediately after work (or when I'm on the road) and extremely late night hours don't help (need my sleep).   It would be nice to have a few additional slices during primetime like 7pm/8pm/9pm to help us working people out.

• gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Welcome S0kun!
    Are there any plans to introduce an auto-play option ?
    The work is already half done, it would just mean the AI played your turn.
    Of course, for PVE and PVP the serious players wouldn't dream of using it, but for the rest of us, who are multitasking and doing other things while playing, this would be an awesome feature.
    Thank You!

• Illusionhill
    Illusionhill Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is there any interest in adding APIs to the game? They could be very useful for things like calling flips for flip hunters or sharing roster for players looking for a new alliance. It could also help in some of the areas there just isn't time to develop, the community could build out some features. 
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Welcome @S0kun,

1) Previously mentioned: if a remake didn’t quite hit home, the devs would consider another go at it. My question: ‘After playing this game since it’s infancy, many characters have generated a certain pattern of goods and bads about them. Would the devs consider affixing a very small, albeit noticeable need for the near perfect rebuff of Phoenix? She needs her countdown on death either fortified or selectable. With so many revivers in the game now, hers has a serious loss of teeth and her cd invariably ends up in the enemies’ next match or line clear. It’s truly a terrible thing to witness for one of the most powerful forces to not be able to reliably revive with the best of them. Her name is Phoenix after all.’

Thanks and keep up the good work!
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for continuing these monthly Q&A's and for all of the recent changes to the game, you've certainly injected new life into it and increased my engagement.

It's been previously mentioned that 5* character releases initially started with 3 "archetypes" (offense, defense, support) then moved to "generations" where health and match/power damage increased with each subsequent generation. It was said that recently (starting with Kamala?) this philosophy was stopped and the match/damage state should now remain steady.  

Given this, many older 5* characters would benefit from a simple increase to health and match damage to bring those values in line with current practice. I understand that many older 5s need more help, but has the team considered starting off with a balance pass over all the old 5s just to boost their HP/match damage and make them consistent? Maybe that takes more work than I know but it seems like a relatively quick fix for a lot of characters.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,929 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As always, thanks for doing this Q&A.

My question: As a pixel art fan, I am digging the 3* Arcade (King of PWN) art. Is there any chance we will be getting more pixel versions of characters in the future? 
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1. We get alternative covers for things like hallowe’en. Is there any chance of the different covers being made available as a user choice and special ones being offered in a similar way to costumes?

2. Is there any possibility of characters that are Marvel properties but sit outside the usual Marvel universe being brought into the game? I realise that Star Wars characters aren’t a possibility, but what about someone like Miracle Man?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As always, thanks for doing this Q&A.

My question: As a pixel art fan, I am digging the 3* Arcade (King of PWN) art. Is there any chance we will be getting more pixel versions of characters in the future? 
    My guess for that is because of the name "arcade".
    There aren't arcade games anymore so the 16 bit pixel makes sense 
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Welcome, S0kun!

I would like to ask a question regarding progression rewards for SCL10 and classic 5 star characters. As there is now 70+ 5 star characters, the dilution rate means we only ever see these classic characters in PVE events once every year or two. Now I'm sure I'm overlooking some big factor here which may ruin the game balance, but would it be possible for these classic 5 star characters to be rewarded 500 shards through progression, and keep the latest legends at 250 rewarded shards? As we see these characters featured so rarely, it would take at least two years to earn just one cover currently, disregarding feeders and special stores of course. I would love to hear your thoughts on this, and thank you for your time. :) 
This discussion has been closed.