Marvel Puzzle Quest Developer Q&A October 2022 (10/18/22)

Options

Comments

• samael64
    samael64 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Would you or have you considered costume tokens? Ranomly awarding one costume from the many available with ISO awarded instead for duplicates would be great.

Will Cyclops' AoA costume ever be available again? I wasn't playing yet when it was released and would love to have it.
    Hoping for more AoA content in the future. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Do you consider Taskmaster set in stone or does the team think about adding more alternative powers to him (or Doop in the future)? 
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    axmoss said:
    why doesn't Thor (Gladiator)'s God of Thunder's passive matching red or purple count towards Shang Chi's River of Blows without needing another red or purple match? It always resets if only God of Thunder's red or purple match without another red or purple match before end of turn.
    It works if you have Shang Chi before Thor in turn order.
    i guess i am going to start flipping my order around.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Question 1: Can we get an auto complete feature in PVE for the weaker nodes?

Question 2 : has there been any thought or discussion on increasing rewards based on roster strength? As in if your a 5 star roster your ISO gains are increased by a certain amount.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hello.

Are there plans for a Mark XLVI (aka 5* Iron Man) remake/rebalance anytime soon?
  • toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    My question is around feeder updates in the 3-star tier.  So far they have been done in 2 different styles, She-Hulk with no retro rewards and Cyclops which did give retro rewards.

Do you have a definite plan for how further updates will be implemented in the future, always with/without retro rewards, or will it be variable and just a surprise when it is announced?

Follow-up question, when do we get the next feeder updates?   :D
  • Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Welcome S0kun!

1. Are you going to be introducing 3-Star versions of characters that have 4 & 5 star versions already? Like Carnage or Ghost Rider.

2. Are you going to make it easier to acquire Supports? As it stands there’s only 2 ways to even get chances to level up. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1. I Like the new boss events particularly the murder-world one as I appreciate events that require better alliance engagement. On this topic can Sinister Six be reworked because the data must show that event scoring is seriously broken. I was done after the first flip and was far from the fastest. Even for really newer rosters there's little challenge there.

Or as I've begged before why not add more tokens, 4* covers etc past progression to give those of us that like these events more to play.

2. Pineapple on a pizza, Yay or Nay? 
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In previous years, the level of enemy cascades was tuned back to a point where all seemed right in the world.  It has become clear to many recently that you guys have amped up enemy cascades to all new levels.  Some suspect it's to give new releases like Mighty Thor or Chasm some additional umph.... 

My questions are:  why was this done and would you please consider changing it back?  
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is there any chance, idea, or plan to address the early game for new users?
    It is currently unbalanced and new users will see quick Shield Rank gains while their rosters are not able to support higher clearance levels. It could be problematic and turn new users off before they can really start enjoying the game at higher levels.
  • BallSoHard_45
    BallSoHard_45 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Welcome Eric aka S0kun!

1. any plans to remove or widen the cap on boosts? I'm fine with the usage of 2 and 5 respectively, but it is annoying that I can't buy more than 5. 

2. any plans to remove or widen the cap on boosts? I'm fine with the usage of 2 and 5 respectively, but it is annoying that I can' buy more than 5..... ;-)

You see, I really have only this particular question. It is important for me because I use boosts every match. 
  • roderic1
    roderic1 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    1. How many minutes of engagement do you consider the goal for the average player?

2. How much time does the dev team spend playing the game personally?
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Bowgentle said:
    When 3-star Emma Frost was released, she quickly was added to Heroic and Mighty Tokens. However, she has not yet been added to Standard Tokens. When will that happen? When will newly released 3-star characters be added to various tokens? When will they be be added to the DDQ rotation?
    She's in standards now, was only a couple of days.
    Really? She is not visible for me

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I might have confused something there, sorry.
  • ejmus
    ejmus Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
       This is more of a suggestion than a question but here goes. I'm somewhat of a lapsed player who's still addicted enough to come on and clear a few things, but I still wanted to pipe up here once again. Firstly to say I'm very impressed with the work you've done so far, especially after years of silence, to see things moving in an obvious forward direction is very heartening. My biggest issues with the game have been the character imbalances, and lack of different gameplay, followed by the lack of forward movement at my level. Some of those you're already dealing with and I know you're aware of the rest.

One thought I've had for a while that perhaps could shake things up a little bit is some sort of bonus rewards for how you finish the round. For example some sort of overkill, to make use of a loaded ability when the enemy is down to nothing, or finishing off in other ways. This could add just a bit more puzzle to the game without being too hard to accomplish. Also perhaps they could be randomized (even switching off within the round), in order to avoid causing the player to always pick the "strongest" team over and over.

Anyway that's the basic gist, I'd love to be able to hear your thoughts on something like that, and again, great job and please keep it up!
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Welcome S0kun!

Here's a question I recently started a discussion on, but would also be keen to get some dev feedback on.

The nodes for boss events are unlocked once every 8 hours. This seems fairly reasonable since most players who aren't too busy at the time of the event can probably find some point within each 8 hour window to play (perhaps missing one or two) no matter their timezone. What bugs me is that the final refresh only happens 4 hours before the end of the event. Why is that? In my timezone that's 2-6am - hardly a convenient time. Why not extend the event for another 4 hours so that the last time window is as long as the others?
  • Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    How do you feel about probability based abilities as mechanic and are we going to see more of them in the future? Some examples that come to mind are Sersi, Domino, and recently Reptil with the percentage chance to stun his team mates. 
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options

1) You recently said you were working to revamp MMR. Can you elaborate on what you plan to change, and can a feature be added were player X can’t target player Y more than once or twice for a short amount of time (e.g. 5 minutes), to avoid player X hitting player Y multiple times during a pvp climb?

2) PVP scores are unnaturally high in the game because of the use of third-party apps to coordinate when players are climbing, grilling, hopping, etc. Players who don’t use those apps are at a disadvantage, and many feel this is a kind of an exploit. I’m sure that’s not the way the game was meant to be played, so have you tought of doing something about that?

• Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There are players who have purposely created accounts that were sandboxed. They use this as an alternative type of “developer’s kit” to test out new characters. Every new release sees videos from these types of accounts on YouTube. Do you see this as a problem and are you considering creating an in-game sandbox so that everyone can get a chance to try out a new character?
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can we have the same levels of communication from the devs here as on Line and Discord? I prefer to get my information from the official forum.
This discussion has been closed.