Marvel Puzzle Quest Developer Q&A October 2022 (10/18/22)

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2022 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello everyone!

Firstly, I would like to humbly introduce myself as your new fellow Iso-8 chasing addict/community manager/forum admin, Eric aka S0kun.

I'm really excited to be a part of this amazing community and to help usher in a new era of MPQ! In the meantime, you'll not only see me on these forums, but also on all of our social networks. Please don't be a stranger and pardon any delays in communications since I've got 9 years of catching up to do.

Huge shout-outs to @LakeStone who did an amazing job managing the communications in and outside of the forums. I hope to continue that amazing legacy and what better way to start than with our regularly scheduled Developer Q&A for October.

As with previous Q&A's, please be mindful of the following:
1. Any legitimate question is fair game, but keeping your question clear and concise will help. It's much easier to grasp the intent of a sentence or two.
2. Two questions MAX per user. If you have more questions, please save them for a future month to ensure that everyone has a turn in asking.
3. Please submit your question by 12pm PST/8pm BST on October 21st.
4. The team will review the questions and provide answers in the forums based on the collective questions from the community by or around EOD October 28th.

Looking forward to hearing from you folks! 

Best,
S0kun
Tagged:

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welcome to your first of hopefully many Q&A S0kun!

I'm guessing the below isn't time travel so should that maybe be 26th October? 

4. The team will review the questions and provide answers in the forums based on the collective questions from the community by or around EOD August 26th.

Onto questions!

1.) The Boss Event (Murderworld) was ran Mon-Thurs which is (to my knowledge) only the second time a Boss has run on this schedule (Battle at the Basilica also). Was this just for Anniversary or is this going to be the new schedule moving forward for Bosses? 

2.) I wanted to thank you for your extreme generosity on the Anniversary vaults featuring 5* favourites. Is this part of a wider plan to try and get more players into 5* play (together with the increased Boss Event rewards)? Or do you just love us Friendly Neighbourhood MPQ'ers? :) 

Cheers!

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That's what I get for working at 1am. Thanks for the catch :)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Welcome to MPQ universe, S0kun!

1) how many Shang Chis have been champed or fully covered during this anniversary?

2) Given that players are always giving feedbacks, how do you and your team deal with players' feedbacks that contradict one another? For example, player from group A wants X to happen or to be implemented, and players from group B hate what group A wants, and they don't want it to be implemented. How do you determine which group of players to listen to?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Be really wellcomed.
    A com manager? It was time this game had one. It's great and could help a lot for a better forum environment.
    Starting questions: we detected an increase on difficulty based on MMR, i.e on some nodes on the last puzzle gauntlet. 
    Personally I think it's great to have some challenge as there are really advanced players on this game who could beat anything without too much trouble.
    Is this a new and future trend?
    Is it easier to programming events like this rather than difficulty levels and accordingly rewards for free choose?
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When 3-star Emma Frost was released, she quickly was added to Heroic and Mighty Tokens. However, she has not yet been added to Standard Tokens. When will that happen? When will newly released 3-star characters be added to various tokens? When will they be be added to the DDQ rotation?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When 3-star Emma Frost was released, she quickly was added to Heroic and Mighty Tokens. However, she has not yet been added to Standard Tokens. When will that happen? When will newly released 3-star characters be added to various tokens? When will they be be added to the DDQ rotation?
    She's in standards now, was only a couple of days.
  • Pottsie1980
    Pottsie1980 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Welcome to the group. 
    I recently passed 10m red iso with nothing to spend this on. Are there any ideas being discussed for options to spend this currency on?
    Late level milestones take months to go from one step to the next. Would you look into seasonal milestones?
    Thanks
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Historically, each new 4* character had one “release event” PVE where the top 100 alliances received a cover.
    Recently, we’ve had 2 release events for 3 of 4 new chars (Oscorp Spidey, Reptil, and Doop, but not SheHulk).
    What should we expect for 4* releases going forward?
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My question is sort of the inverse of @Pottsie1980 's.  Perhaps one day I'll be restless with a surplus, but for now I have a devil of a time getting enough red iso to level my supports.  Is there any way you can add more red iso into the vaults, and with enough value to actually raise a support up a level?  Even if you clean out the spicy taco vault, there's only 2750 red iso across nine items in it.   Overall, more support tokens and more red iso to spend on them would be greatly appreciated, and I hope you have plans to make these easier for players to obtain.  Thanks very much.

And welcome to the forums, @S0kun !!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Welcome S0kun.

1) Can we get me saved team slots?  With more nodes in ddq, plus potential team affiliation synergies in the future, more slots would be helpful.

2) On the team selection screen, would it be possible to add a "random" button to randomly choose your team?  Just think it would be nice addition since there's so many characters to choose from.  

Not really a have question per se, but can you tell us what roles D3, Broken Circle, and Infinite Interactive each have with this game?  Just curious.

Thanks.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    why doesn't Thor (Gladiator)'s God of Thunder's passive matching red or purple count towards Shang Chi's River of Blows without needing another red or purple match? It always resets if only God of Thunder's red or purple match without another red or purple match before end of turn.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options
    axmoss said:
    why doesn't Thor (Gladiator)'s God of Thunder's passive matching red or purple count towards Shang Chi's River of Blows without needing another red or purple match? It always resets if only God of Thunder's red or purple match without another red or purple match before end of turn.
    It works if you have Shang Chi before Thor in turn order.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 379 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Following Waddle's question about more saved Teams.

Can we get teams w/ only 2x saved for those DPDs that have the required 3*, but we want to use the same other 2x toons daily?   So it would be, "Choice", "Fixed", "Choice"
  • leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi S0kun, 

1. Could you tell us some of the QoL changes we can expect to see in the next 6 months? Will these changes be released incrementally, or in larger pushes.

2. Great job with the all the rebalances. Is there a planned release frequency for these? Should we anticipate a small batch of reworks monthly? Would there ever be multiple 5*s rebalanced in the same batch??? so many need the love!

• sameery
    sameery Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    What goes into determining what color powers a character has? It seems almost criminal that Green Goblin doesn't have a green power
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1) With the domination of Chasm iHulk teams in PvP (more prevalent than even boosted teams) is there consideration for a power “and stay down” that prevents a character from reviving, even if it’s only for a couple turns?

2) Would it be possible to Purchase more than just 5 boosts? When I’m down that low, I’d be happy to purchase 30, even if it’s not discounted. 
    The “permanent damage” mechanic on Old Man Daken and Knull would be an excellent power to use against revivers if it actually hit for meaningful amounts of damage. Every character who can do that is under tuned.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 574 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Do you ever look at the synergy of recent releases?

For example, you had Mighty Thor who LOVES a lot of AP, followed by Chasm, who demands no AP.

Do you consider synergy with the three Latest Legends, or do you ever strive to try to make them more unique?

When designing Characters do you ever look at someone who is mid-tier (say hawkeye) and consider a new mechanic that would make him "essential" (Gargantos)?

Side note - I'm enjoying the fresh life injected into the game :)
This discussion has been closed.