What's New MPQ - October 2022 (Updated 10/20/22)

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

It was Election Day and Veterans Day for them this week. It's still weekend. The next 5* release is on the 17th.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,045 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

yea its on the 17th 5 days away you would thought you would knew who it was what powers they had and what other 2 5s would been in their store. but i can wait :)

• HoundofShadow
    Options

They usually reveal who the 5* is on the week of their release, which should be 14, 15 or 16. Anyway, it's going to be Wakanda related.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options

I have to be careful because I got a warning last time for making fun of the development team but this amount of time is quite something.
    Is there any activity over on discord or any of the other ones? They seem to favour them over the official forums.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options

@nixed said:

@HoundofShadow said:
    It was Election Day and Veterans Day for them this week. It's still weekend. The next 5* release is on the 17th.

Honestly insane that this is some kind of valid excuse. The last update to this thread was over three weeks ago. How does Veteran's Day, which is a one day holiday, prevent the thread from being updated?

AND they had plenty of time BEFORE this week to update. The last update was 10/20/2022 for crying out loud. At this rate, we'll know what happened this weekend... 3 weeks from now.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:

I don't think we should be getting torches and pitchforks out, but most US businesses don't get either of those days off.

• HoundofShadow
    edited November 2022
    Options

I just saw that even though the last update was in late October, the update lasted till 8th or 10th November. Talk about impatience. :D

Wait for next Tuesday, shall we?

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    I just saw that even though the last update was in late October, the update lasted till 8th or 10th November. Talk about impatience. :D

It is 12 November now in US (13 November many other places). So they are already two days off of the last event posted in the update. Something that had been going smooth for years suddenly has issues? I think it's fine if people would just like some communication, even if the communication is when an update can be expected.

Believe it or not, some people actually plan where they spend time and (more importantly) money in this game based on what is coming up in the events.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

In the latest October Q&A, the dev did mention two things:

1) they are busy with holiday content for the next 1.5-2 months.
    2) they'll try to update What's New thread every Tuesday.

I'm not sure if it's necessary for them to repeat these biweekly or even weekly.

If players need to know what happens two weeks in advance (subjected to last minute changes) to plan around playing MPQ, then I think they need to chill.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Come on.
    The community manager isn't busy working on the game.
    There's really no reason to not update this, all it takes is a look into the database where they store the upcoming events, not some voodoo that requires hours of dev time.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

But if it isn't sure what events and how the characters are going to be rewarded, then to update the thread is pretty useless, don't you think?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

But they MUST have this planned out at least one week in advance?
    That's why the weekly update interval makes sense.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2022
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:

Actually, no-- a preview thread is only useful if the info is up before the event goes up in-game. (Because at that point, we can just look in-game). "8th or 10th" is not when the info would have been useful. Preview in-game usually comes online a day or so before the event. So, the info would have been useful before the 7th.

Edit: And in fact, where do you even get the "8th to 10th" thing from? PvE goes to the 3rd-8th (so useful update = before the 2nd), PvP goes to the 2nd-5th (so useful update = before the 1st). We're about 2 weeks behind.

But yeah, it's not like we can do anything else other than waiting for Tuesday. There have in the past been instances where we had the preview thread fall behind in times of high stress. I'm hoping they'll find back to their usual balance again soon.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Given that updating such thread promptly is neither important nor urgent, this will happen again in the future. If you ask yourself this question, "What's the impact to the game if this thread isn't updated promptly?" The answer is there is zero impact to the game. If you want to squeeze something out of it, then at worst a small group of players will have their plans affected.

The 12 hour or so preview is sufficient for majority of the players. I only start planning 30 minutes before the next pve is up.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The dev team knows you love them. You can take a break from defending their honor.

@HoundofShadow said:
    Given that updating such thread promptly is neither important nor urgent, this will happen again in the future. If you ask yourself this question, "What's the impact to the game if this thread isn't updated promptly?" The answer is there is zero impact to the game. If you want to squeeze something out of it, then at worst a small group of players will have their plans affected.

The 12 hour or so preview is sufficient for majority of the players. I only start planning 30 minutes before the next pve is up.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Always appear this discussion again, and always I say the same: I don't need any info type outside the game, so I want all the resources for the game and not for to update this thread.
    Even on the godboost week I realize the characters when they appear the first in my roster.
    The anniversary was amazing isn't it? Well, but it claims a toll. What it cannot be is to always ask and ask until the infinite and beyond.
    This thread is not relevant so it hasn't priority. That's the real truth here, in present and on future days, sorry about that.