What's New MPQ - October 2022 (Updated 10/20/22)

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's probably Wakanda related. Next release is on November 3, and premier is on October 26. I go with Nakia.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still holding out hope for Frankencastle... 

Might also be Deathlok 
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I feel like More than Human could apply to at least half of all Marvel characters.

Googling brings up results for the Inhumans. Could they be adding another of those? Gorgon perhaps?

Or perhaps Jack Russell from Werewolf by Night to celebrate Halloween?
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,030 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like More than Human could apply to at least half of all Marvel characters.
    That's exactly what I thought when I read the clue.  The clue might as well be " marvel character who has super powers"
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,421 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’d **** myself if it was deaths head. He is one of my favorite characters from the early 90s.
    I think it’s unlikely since he pretty obscure.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,668 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would want Death's Head v.1, yes? Original best, yes? 

Could just as easy be Deathlok who was in that poll we got to vote on. Or Namor? He is more than human being a human/Atlantean hybrid and a mutant also.
  • dianetics
    edited October 2022
    Options
    No way deaths head ii is superior in function. The original was cool and all but being integrated into minion and becoming this crazy assassin was so much fun to read.

edit** love your grammar there though.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    But original killed Shockwave, yes? Hard to beat, yes? Wont be him though will it, yes?
  • dianetics
    Options
     :D  :D
    I think original prefers the new form. I doubt it’s him, Namor sounds like a better guess to me.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Or Namor? He is more than human being a human/Atlantean hybrid and a mutant also.
    We already have a 4* Namor, but I'm going to get in early and guess that he's lined up for the 3/5 character that follows this one as I've just learnt that he's in the new Black Panther film that's released very soon and with Emma added, they're clearly making progress on completing the Phoenix Five.
  • Woiciu
    Woiciu Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    SC pvp with buffed Onslaught? 

This will be painful.
  • hipUK
    hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Wait, Killmonger is the 5* for Unstable?

That would have been nice to know, I was expecting Arcade... (I would have spent my ISO differently)
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 602 Critical Contributor
    Options
    hipUK said:
    Wait, Killmonger is the 5* for Unstable?

That would have been nice to know, I was expecting Arcade... (I would have spent my ISO differently)
    That is how every 5 star release has been in recent memory. The new release in prog but another 5 as the 5E.

It would be nice if they told us who the 5E was going to be though. 
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    More than human: Fantomex. Final answer. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I googled "More than human" and "Marvel", it pointed to a promo for Inhumans. However, it took place in September 2017. After some googling to see if there's any link between Black Panther and Inhuman, it seems like Black Bolt has the closest link, and he appeared in recent movie. 4* Black Bolt?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    More Human Than Human was a hit single by Rob Zombie, whose younger brother is the frontman for Powerman 5000. 4* Power Man incoming, surely.
  • toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Agree with the other comments about knowing the essential chars vs knowing the progression rewards. Yes, 9 times out of 10 they are one and the same, but the release events always mess with this and just adding a note to release events to say X is essential and Y are the progression rewards would easily solve this.
  • leolonghi
    leolonghi Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This "More than human" quote triggered an "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." bell in my memory, so I looked back and this is the one character I got a lead to (if you didn't watch AoS seasons 3-4, beware spoilers):

-AIDA aka Madame HYDRA

AIDA was created by Holden Radcliffe, a transhumanist, who is defined within the show as a person whose goal is "to become more than human".
    I'm probably taking the hint too literally, but I wouldn't mind having Madame HYDRA added to the game.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would be awesome to see a tie in to Werewolf by Night; either WWbN or Man-Thing
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Oooh...more than a man...a Man Thing!!!!!! Please please please please please please!!!!!