2»

Comments

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    I'll miss landforming, fractals, the good duo lands, 
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Scrounger said:
    I'm really hoping that you add a daily event like the old Rising Tensions (RT) daily events. And by this I mean a daily event with the following characteristics:

(1) It's not grindy. You could complete the old Rising Tensions event with just 4 matches if you achieved all the secondary objectives. If you could achieve 2 of the 3 objectives, then it would take 6 matches. If you could achieve none of the objectives aside from winning the match, it would take 12 matches.

This is so much better and so much less grindy than Zendikar Expeditions (ZE). ZE requires 7 matches to get all the rewards if you can complete all the objectives; 10 matches if you can achieve two objectives; and 20 matches if you can achieve only the winning objective. ZE is so grindy that I don't even play it anymore. It takes way too long.

And if you look at your data, I think you'll find that many players in the bronze tier don't play this event. In other words, the newer players skip this event in higher numbers than more advanced players. Why? Because newer players often don't have the cards necessary to achieve the secondary objectives, so completing the event takes way more games (up to 20 games, assuming you will all of your games). This discourages newer players from even playing this event. THe daily event should be something that pulls newer players in and gets them excited about the game so that they stay and build the player base. RT did that in a way that ZE just doesn't.

(2) The rewards are good. The rewards for the original RT were awesome: 1 of 4 different mythics, depending on the version of the event. Having a mythic is such a huge deal for a player starting out. You, Oktagon, can control the mythics that are given out as rewards to make sure it's nothing too crazy, but even a decent mythic makes a big difference to beginning players, and the feeling of getting your first mythic is such a rush. The rewards for ZE are much worse. A duplicate rare pack is okay, but nothing to write home about.

Please make a better and far less grindy daily event that coincides with the release of the new set.
    100% this. ZE replacing RT was the beginning of the end for me. Resources became so scarce and difficult to obtain that it just wasn’t worth it anymore. I’m still lurking, waiting for the day that things turn around.

Oktagon, I am sure you already have your plans in place, but this is a big opportunity to win back your players. I foster guarded hope for the best…
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Scrounger said:
    I'm really hoping that you add a daily event like the old Rising Tensions (RT) daily events. 

Please make a better and far less grindy daily event that coincides with the release of the new set.

I doubt that Oktagon will ever go back to that event structure. Here is the info about the new daily event. It has the exact same structure of Zendikar Expeditions. So is just a new grindy event with bad rewards.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87543/revolving-planeswalk#latest
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    The player base has repeatedly and consistently asked for a daily event that is less grindy than Zendikar Expeditions. Please change the ribbon structure for Revolving Planeswalk to 10/5/5. Changing it to 10/5/5 is a win win. More people will play this event and newer players will find it more fun and are more likely to continue playing the game. Your player base will also know that you listen and care about their opinions, which will increase goodwill tremendously.
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 64 Match Maker
    The player base has repeatedly and consistently asked for a daily event that is less grindy than Zendikar Expeditions. Please change the ribbon structure for Revolving Planeswalk to 10/5/5. Changing it to 10/5/5 is a win win. More people will play this event and newer players will find it more fun and are more likely to continue playing the game. Your player base will also know that you listen and care about their opinions, which will increase goodwill tremendously.
  • KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 91 Match Maker
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    The player base has repeatedly and consistently asked for a daily event that is less grindy than Zendikar Expeditions. Please change the ribbon structure for Revolving Planeswalk to 10/5/5. Changing it to 10/5/5 is a win win. More people will play this event and newer players will find it more fun and are more likely to continue playing the game. Your player base will also know that you listen and care about their opinions, which will increase goodwill tremendously. Let's grow this great game together.
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Ditto!!