*** Emma Frost (New X-Men) ***

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    There’s no hurry, not even worth opening tokens. It will be about 10 years before she’s in pvp again. Got one cover and now will naturally let her get to 266. I bet she and a dupe gets there before she’s featured in pvp again!

Again I don’t get why they do this. Why not release her, have a ton of different vaults to pull from to get her and then have her pvp. In slice 1 I was done with the event with the loaner before I could even add to her covers. Now why care?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    There’s no hurry, not even worth opening tokens. It will be about 10 years before she’s in pvp again. Got one cover and now will naturally let her get to 266. I bet she and a dupe gets there before she’s featured in pvp again!

Again I don’t get why they do this. Why not release her, have a ton of different vaults to pull from to get her and then have her pvp. In slice 1 I was done with the event with the loaner before I could even add to her covers. Now why care?

The point was always to make her available to new rosters, not players like us in 4/5* land.  Some of those newer rosters in 3* land and under will cover her and use her in their PvP/PvE events if she is any good.

KGB
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

The point was always to make her available to new rosters, not players like us in 4/5* land.  Some of those newer rosters in 3* land and under will cover her and use her in their PvP/PvE events if she is any good.

KGB
    Yep but I wasn’t replying to new players, these guys have played longer than me  :)
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I have her champed by using the chained rewards offers. She's my new third in shield sim. Love having Shang Chi at 5/5/5, plus having the yellow to place tiles just adds to the puzzling I love Shang Chi for. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I said before SC is a freaking monster with her. I'm quickly getting used to play with a 5/5/4, all the red and purple with a serious combo damage, so I need to champ her.
  • KGB
    The difference between 3 and 5 in Blue is only +90 match damage at L450.  Is that really that much more match damage to be noticeable and worth carrying a 3*? Presumably you are only doing this in pick-3 PvE and not in pick-2 PvP.

KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd bring Bolt or Odin for that, but I realize not everybody has them.
  • meteor0905
    meteor0905 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    KGB said:
    The difference between 3 and 5 in Blue is only +90 match damage at L450.  Is that really that much more match damage to be noticeable and worth carrying a 3*? Presumably you are only doing this in pick-3 PvE and not in pick-2 PvP.

KGB
    My new team @ SIM is SC,Melinda and 3Emma,this is the fastest team right now.

• meteor0905
    @10 combo pt
    SC / 3Emma(lv180) / Melinda 

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    **** said:
    KGB said:

KGB

It may be fast but it will be beaten like a dead horse.  What SCL are you playing in Sim?  That team just begs to be taken down on defense.
  • meteor0905
    SCL10 ,as I want to earn some iso I dun care be beaten ;p
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    **** said:
    KGB said:

KGB

It may be fast but it will be beaten like a dead horse.  What SCL are you playing in Sim?  That team just begs to be taken down on defense.
    It's not like his SCL matters, since you can see everyone in SSIM.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    Bad said:
    As I said before SC is a freaking monster with her. I'm quickly getting used to play with a 5/5/4, all the red and purple with a serious combo damage, so I need to champ her.
    Can you explain the synergy there?  I'm not seeing it 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    People are using Emma to push Shang-Chi closer to 5/5/5 is all
  • killahKlown
    Ah... ok thanks 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not all. Emma swaps 4 tiles which is the ice in the cake.
  • mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    And that comes in yellow how I wish the five star version had an yellow swap tile power instead of that purple 
  • killahKlown
    edited September 2022
    I guess... but her health is too small to sustain any real 5* team for very long.  

There are better 5* options for a third 
  • KGB
    She makes the most sense in Balance of Power where everyone is L550.

In the meanwhile, players using this team are essentially creating grills for everyone else so we should be thankful (I know I will be when my 4* land L350ish teams sees this team).

KGB
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    When will 3* Emma be available from Standard Tokens?