*** Emma Frost (New X-Men) ***

Options

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    Awesome characters pumped right front the start of battle: almost all the meta. Apoc 4/5/5, chasm 5/4/5, Shulk 4/5/5, Jthor 5/4/5 etc...
    On 4* tier Polaris 5/5/4, Chaves 5/4/5, Valkyrie 5/5/4, MM 4/5/5 etc...
    And it's still needed to see the affiliation if one of them could be 5/5/5.
    I don't think you answered my question.  Or if you did, I am not understanding.

Why would you want to play this character INSTEAD of one of the meta.  Using this character in a slot takes away one other meta 5* that you could be playing.  I totally understand what their powers do and how it could help.  But the bump in powers for one 5* does not make up for the difference of having a squishy 3* instead of a meta 5*.

If you and others in 5* land are excited about this 3*, that's great.  I can't imagine ever running this 3* instead of one of my other 5s.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Why would you want to play this character INSTEAD of one of the meta.  Using this character in a slot takes away one other meta 5* that you could be playing.  I totally understand what their powers do and how it could help.  But the bump in powers for one 5* does not make up for the difference of having a squishy 3* instead of a meta 5*.

On free pvp on 5* land, except if they provide a fast way to score, they won't be used.
    On pvp when they are required it will be really interesting. 
    On a LR revamp, they will be used, in combined arms too.
    And finally on pve where others characters will tank, they will be used on 3*, 4*, and 5* land.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    On free pvp on 5* land, except if they provide a fast way to score, they won't be used.
    On pvp when they are required it will be really interesting. 
    On a LR revamp, they will be used, in combined arms too.
    And finally on pve where others characters will tank, they will be used on 3*, 4*, and 5* land.
    We will see.  Personally, I don't think so.  But I have been wrong before so definitely happy to change my mind.
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2022
    Options
    So if this is Phoenix Frost, will Broken Circle be releasing her with a redesigned 4* Emma Frost? She is currently one of the least fun characters to use, down there with Talos.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    Options
    So if this is Phoenix Frost, will Broken Circle be releasing her with a redesigned 4* Emma Frost? She is currently one of the least fun characters to use, down there with Talos.

I like her. Not saying that she is strong or does not need redesign. Or whatever. It's just If my level of gameplay would allow me, I would use her. The only reason I am not using Emma is that I am in 5* transition and use mostly 5*. In PVP I cant use unboosted 4* unless it's part of 5* combo (Cough! Polaris. Cought! Chavez) - simply I cant win with 4* against 5*. And I dont have that much time to skip 5* for unboosted 4* and often for boosted too. Sadly for Emma.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Frost has great art, but an utterly useless set of powers even at level 370. I’d use her if she did anything at all, but she is probably the worst 4*. Talos at least has a stun.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can we get the release schedule for 3*? This is for the 5*
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    abenness said:
    Can we get the release schedule for 3*? This is for the 5*
    Noted. I've requested an update for this, will update when I get confirmed info.
  • Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    No buff for 4* Emma Frost is a bit of disappointment, would of been perfect if the buff version would of came along these 3 and five star releases.
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Wait I don't see a way to earn 3* Emma? Is it immediately shardable or what?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Didn't the original post about this say the new 3* would go immediately into packs? So you should be able to pull her upon release and (presumably) shard her too. I also assume there will be a Vault of some kind.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah they'll be immediately in packs, and within the 3* tier they will have highly increased odds of being the 3* you pull (odds of pulling a 3* vs a 2* remain unchanged however). So basically a featured character PVP style store - you can check the odds in whichever one is live now to see it. I have the Echo store available, she has 18x odds of being the 4* you pull, should RNGeezus decide you get a 4*.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The preview awards for Meet Rocket & Groot show Emma as being awarded in placement. This suggests that she will be the required 3* character for the following event. However, there is no 3* cover awarded for levels 8 to 10 even though she would still be needed. Unless the 3* release is going to be like the 5* release where the character isn’t needed for the next event rather than a 4* release where they are. It would have been better if a 3* Emma cover had replaced a heroic token in the top three level rewards.
  • stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is there a way to shard her, or do you need to get a lucky draw for one of her covers first?
  • Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    It is my understanding that 3-Star Emma will be the center of the PVP event that starts on 9/22. She’ll be a loaner for the event and in the rewards as a cover & shards.
  • itsuka7
    itsuka7 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I do not see any way to acquire a 3* Emma cover on scl 10 as Ragnarok is the 3* award in her pvp, and she is not available as pve ranking reward in scl10. The only way to get her would be to rank t100 in pvp (no real option for a casual pvp player like me) or to buy her pack. I cannot shard her either. That is not how I imagined a new 3* would be introduced, available only to room pvp players. Unless I deliberately drop down to a low scl, but I consider that extremely rude towards lower roster players.

Devs, please explain how scl10 pve focused players can acquire this new 3* in play?
  • Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Anyone able to explain what the tier rewards are for the Hell’s Belles offer available? Hard to know whether to go for it not knowing what rewards for the 2nd and 3rd stage are…
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gymp28 said:
    Anyone able to explain what the tier rewards are for the Hell’s Belles offer available? Hard to know whether to go for it not knowing what rewards for the 2nd and 3rd stage are…
    I got mine to level 176 just through that offer 
  • Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    I was wrong. I apologize for misleading anyone.