*** Emma Frost (New X-Men) ***

Options

Comments

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you want her that bad then just level down in the next pve.  She'll also be in progression rewards in the following event.  Otherwise just be patient and acquire covers through random pulls like we do every other 3*s

People expect too much sometimes 
    It's not so much about wanting her "that bad" and more that she will be required in PVE before there's really any guaranteed way to acquire her outside of spending $.  You will be able to roster her from progression on the first day though that seems like a strange way for it to happen.

I don't know why she's missing from PVE and PVP rewards for the event before her feature.  She's not even winnable from her own PVP progression, Ragnarok is in there instead.  Seems like a bit of a miss or not well thought through.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you look at the progression reward in what's new thread, the essential 3* is Hawkeye for the next pve.

9/25 - 9/30 Cosmic Chaos *NEW*
    Placement Rewards: Carnage (Prophet), Karolina Dean, Hulk (Indestructible), Storm (Classic)
    Progression Rewards: Emma Frost (Phoenix), Gorr, Hawkeye (Hawkguy), Bullseye (DA)

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Has anybody ever pulled an Emma from tokens? She appears in the list, but I have pulled about 300 tokens, without having any 3* favorites, so the shards should be more or less random, but till now no covers and even no shards for Emma.
  • bigwhoop
    bigwhoop Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Punter1 said:
    If you want her that bad then just level down in the next pve.  She'll also be in progression rewards in the following event.  Otherwise just be patient and acquire covers through random pulls like we do every other 3*s

People expect too much sometimes 
    It's not so much about wanting her "that bad" and more that she will be required in PVE before there's really any guaranteed way to acquire her outside of spending $.  You will be able to roster her from progression on the first day though that seems like a strange way for it to happen.

I don't know why she's missing from PVE and PVP rewards for the event before her feature.  She's not even winnable from her own PVP progression, Ragnarok is in there instead.  Seems like a bit of a miss or not well thought through.
    If you play SCL 10, you will get 3* cover as the 4th progression reward.  So You can get her before you hit the 3* required node. 

*edit*
    Actually, looking at the next PVE in the annoucemnt, 3* Emma is not even required, so plenty of time to get her from the token.
  • Punter1
    Options
    If you look at the progression reward in what's new thread, the essential 3* is Hawkeye for the next pve.

9/25 - 9/30 Cosmic Chaos *NEW*
    Placement Rewards: Carnage (Prophet), Karolina Dean, Hulk (Indestructible), Storm (Classic)
    Progression Rewards: Emma Frost (Phoenix), Gorr, Hawkeye (Hawkguy), Bullseye (DA)

Though in that same thread it has Hawkeye as placement rewards in Meet R&G and in the game it is actually 3* Emma.  

9/22 - 9/26 Meet Rocket & Groot *NEW*
    • Placement Rewards: Emma Frost (Phoenix), Gorr, Hawkeye (Hawkguy), Bullseye (DA)
  • gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Has anybody ever pulled an Emma from tokens? She appears in the list, but I have pulled about 300 tokens, without having any 3* favorites, so the shards should be more or less random, but till now no covers and even no shards for Emma.
    I just pulled one from a mighty pack. So yes. She’s there. 
  • Punter1
    Options
    She doesn't seem to be shardable as you can't set her as favorite.  Also note she is in all packs except Standard tokens

Not sure where you pulled your 300 from, but if mostly standard those wouldn't work.
  • stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.

I pulled 100 standard, 100 elite, 50 heroic, 50 mighty. I do now see she is not in standard for some reason. If she is completely not shardable, it would explain why there are no shards dropping for her. So I will wait for some time to start pulling when she is completely integrated everywhere.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Scl 3 to SCL 7 gives Emma as placement rewards. 

Given how generous the dev has been so far, I don't think they are going to undo all their efforts by making Emma the 3* essential for next event for players in scl 8 to 10. Chances are they will be flooded with complain and they'll end up giving everyone free cover 
  • CallTheStorm
    CallTheStorm Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Not sure if you can get her shards from the random drop. She's a new character so you are unable to favor her right now to get her shards on purpose. 
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 651 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just pulled one from a mighty pack. So yes. She’s there. 
    Yep can confirm, just got a blue cover from a mighty token
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I saw posts in reddit stating that 3* cover are the 4th rewards in scl 10 (2500 points) and 3500 points in 8 & 9. So, even if Emma is the required 3*, you will be able to get her cover before you finish your optimal clear.
  • SandKing
    SandKing Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    She can also now be favorited, so you can easily get her that way.
  • itsuka7
    itsuka7 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ah thanks, sharding her now will be easiest
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just favourited her and got 1 cover from a 10 pack 🙂
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For the first time ever I got the featured 5* from the 40 pack special store…no 3* Emma though. 

Not complaining, it just feels weird to get the 5 and not the 3. 

I will get her in the “do you mind” versus placement rewards so I’m not stressing it…

Except for the part of my mind screaming at me for not having a character on my roster. 

But I think I’m on the minority of players that feel the need to have everything rostered as many seem to forgo slots for the lower *ed characters. 
  • Punter1
    Options
    Must have a been a temp glitch yesterday that prevented her from being fave'd and therefore shargeted.

Now that she can be a fave I've already got 2 covers for her.  

Based on the original intro I had thought we'd see boosted 3* Emma odds in more than just her Illusionary Conquest store.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punter1 said:
    Must have a been a temp glitch yesterday that prevented her from being fave'd and therefore shargeted.

Now that she can be a fave I've already got 2 covers for her.  

Based on the original intro I had thought we'd see boosted 3* Emma odds in more than just her Illusionary Conquest store.
    Same. It sounded like we'd be flooded with covers for her from packs but I'm having to get her from shards just to roster her.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I favourited her, opened 50 Elites, got one cover plus enough shards for another two so she is at 1/1/1, job done.