Feedback on Concurrent PVE Events

124»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't go for winfinite and I'll try to keep the combo alive as much as possible. By then, all those crit tiles dropped by AC and SC combo points would have downed  enemies quickly. Support wise, it's either those + purple aps at start of game, crit multiplier or purple damage boost. 

3 clears take about 20-25 minutes, depending on pves. With wave nodes, add in another 3 minutes or so.

3 x 3 easy non-wave nodes = 2 min 25 seconds.

3 clears of 3*, 4*, 5* and CN takes me about 12 to 13 minutes.

3 clears of 3 hard nodes -> 5 minutes or so.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m curious how much of the time save is coming from animations being off, so I did my same clears without them. 

So today I went ahead and turned off animations and tile physics, and ran through Spirits of Vengeance with the same teams as yesterday. Of note are that this sub has some notoriously hard nodes, both The Rider Awakens wave node and Royal Family. In fact I wiped several times - perhaps the missing animations I'm used to that I used to remind me to look at the health bars were a factor, or it was unlucky RNG, or I tried to skate one fight too many without healing somebody and it cost me the whole match; hard to say. Anyway, this sub took me 59:09 on the stopwatch to clear 4x times, so let's say turning off animations saved me 10 minutes if you adjust for the wipe-and-restarts I had. 

@HoundofShadow are those "gut feel" numbers, or did you clock them with a stopwatch? I paused my watch after doing the 4x clears of the 3 easy nodes, and I was at ~5 minutes, and I have a very hard time imagining any shang-chi team being 40-50% faster than making a single-swipe and winning off juggernaut AOE. I know it's not apples to apples since I did all 4 clears at once rather than 3, maybe that 4th clear of each node is significant, but I don't believe it is. Just curious how empirical that is.

• HoundofShadow
    Those are my usual timing for non-wave pves nodes in scl 10. ~15 seconds per easy node is for non-wave nodes. For easy nodes, I use 5* Colossus, 3* Thanos and AW for my main. HoD has wave nodes, so clear times are usually longer. At most, it's about 25-28 minutes in total for 3 clears.

SC and AC handles essential, hard and CN nodes. I use SC + R4G + 3* Thanos for my second account to clear easy nodes in scl 10. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2022
    Ok, so from putting it together across all these posts, it seems like you are:
    doing:
    3x "easy" clears with a single swipe AOE team
    Moving to some flavor of Chavez/Shang-Chi/Battery for the rest of the hard track and the challenge node
    Using Shang-chi/Chavez for pick 2 nodes

And your intial 3x clears in total is ~30 minutes being conservative

And then you go back for 2x clears which takes another ~20?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Probably worth noting - i just went in to an easy node to see if Adam Warlock/Thano5/Main Event could battle-start auto win, and I didn't realize that MEH's grand entrance specifically says it does no damage. So unless you trigger a cascade with it on turn 1 then single-swipe AOE victory is as fast a team as you can field.
  • HoundofShadow
    Yes. 

3x Clears
    Non-wave node pves : 20-25 minutes
    Wave node pves: ~28 minutes

2x Grinds: 
    Non-wave node pves : ~20 minutes
    Wave node pves: ~25 minutes

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I didn't like the concurrent PvE events! 
    I played each one to FP and reached Top 100. The time commitment was a bit too much for me but I had the fear of missing out the rewards. 
    I would normally have started climbing/shield-hopping in Simulator at the beginning of the week. But that had to be postponed to Thursday which proved to be much harder than ever.