Feedback on Concurrent PVE Events

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    I ignored the extra "The Hunt"(third run) even though I was affected by the first run. I didn't fully clear the entire first bugged run of the event within 3-4 hours even though I'm aware of the "extra rewards". On the other hand, players who weren't given the opportunities to set aside ~3 hours to fully clear the first rub were unhappy with those who spent 3 hours to clear. They either want the dev to remove all the rewards from those who spent many hours fully clearing the event, or expect the dev to "compensate" them the entire rewards without spending 3-4 hours.

I brought up the above because I think it's down to one's own mindset. Some players feel obligated (of their own accord, or pressured by their alliances) to play the third run  even though it's optional, unless they were booted to scl 1 on the second run. Since it's extra resources and they want to "catch up" even more quickly, they were "forced" to play, even though they made the conscious decision to play.

Assuming one day running two pves becomes a norm so that players are given the opportunity to earn extra rewards,  won't feel pressured to play both events. I've over 40 5* champed now and back when I was 3* or 4* player, I wasn't pressured to "catch up" too. Even I were to be a 3* or 4* player today and running two timed pves is a norm, I won't play both events unless it happens to have characters that I want to use.

It always puzzle me to see full progression players getting worried about timeslices. When I play for full progression, I break up my clears into multiple clears within 24 hours, which means I can choose any timeslice that I want to play in. I can clear all easy and hard nodes and then wait 8 hours later to play some essential nodes, and then a few hours later to play the rest of the nodes. To me, playing for full progression is as good as playing non-timed events, with bonus rewards from minor placements.

Edit: I play scl 9 and sometimes 10. My clear time is typically 18 to 25 minutes for both scls. And I don't have 550 roster.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I'm an SCL10 player, but I also don't care for Adam Warlock, and will never collect more than 10 covers for him (that self-sacrifice power I don't need), so I didn't need another 250 shards.  I do, however, want red iso and CP.  So my solution was to drop down to SCL7 for the replay.   That way I could very easily smash through the nodes with no stress and no med packs while focusing my attention on Operation Spider Silk, and got some nice bonus rewards.

So I guess in contrast with the majority, I thought the decision was a fine one.  I would have no objection at all to events being run concurrently in the future.  Nobody, even the members of competitive alliances, should be obliged to play the repeat.  The intention seemed to be the best way to give those players unfairly shuffled into SCL1 in the mistake the opportunity to collect the progression rewards in the SCL that they wanted.  I think it was the right decision and I'm very glad the devs made it.

Even if Florida remains an almighty pain in the neck to play.
  • meteor0905
    meteor0905 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    scl10 player with SC
    clear all two pve (2+3) took me 160 minutes
    plus ddq it need to play from 6:00 > 9:pm nonstop.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    **** said:
    scl10 player with SC
    clear all two pve (2+3) took me 160 minutes
    plus ddq it need to play from 6:00 > 9:pm nonstop.

Oh my, that can't be good for your neck if you're playing on mobile.
  • Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Omegased said:
    I'm a 5star player, playing SCL10. I don't really care much about placement - but play progression to completion every event. I have 51 5stars champed, ranging from 450 - 466. My goal is to champ everyone, rather than get characters to 550.

two PvE events at once is too much playing. Like, obviously I know I don't need to play everything. But since it's there, I'm trying to and I just don't want to play this much. It's really creating a bit of burnout for me, so I would be disappointed if this was the norm.

Humans are dumb (or at least, this human is dumb) because it's there, I wanna play it.

I do like the idea of other PvE running at the same time (introducing, puzzle gauntlet, S.H.I.E.L.D Training etc.) as long as they're not on a restricted daily timeline.
    Yeah, I think FOMO is the biggest driver to keep playing all available content. No one wants to feel like they’re ‘falling behind’ on earning potential rewards.
    So I think any further simultaneous PVE events will cause burnout in the most dedicated section of the player base (likely also the biggest spenders). Personally I’m more or less F2P, play only on SC10 and have 7 5stars champed at present. 
    I’ve appreciated the extra rewards (didn’t even have AW rostered, as he released when I was taking a break from the game), but I wouldn’t want to invest this much time every week if this continued. Certainly don’t think it’s planned to be regular though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ignored the extra "The Hunt"(third run) even though I was affected by the first run. I didn't fully clear the entire first bugged run of the event within 3-4 hours even though I'm aware of the "extra rewards". On the other hand, players who weren't given the opportunities to set aside ~3 hours to fully clear the first rub were unhappy with those who spent 3 hours to clear. They either want the dev to remove all the rewards from those who spent many hours fully clearing the event, or expect the dev to "compensate" them the entire rewards without spending 3-4 hours.

I brought up the above because I think it's down to one's own mindset. Some players feel obligated (of their own accord, or pressured by their alliances) to play the third run  even though it's optional, unless they were booted to scl 1 on the second run. Since it's extra resources and they want to "catch up" even more quickly, they were "forced" to play, even though they made the conscious decision to play.

Assuming one day running two pves becomes a norm so that players are given the opportunity to earn extra rewards,  won't feel pressured to play both events. I've over 40 5* champed now and back when I was 3* or 4* player, I wasn't pressured to "catch up" too. Even I were to be a 3* or 4* player today and running two timed pves is a norm, I won't play both events unless it happens to have characters that I want to use.

It always puzzle me to see full progression players getting worried about timeslices. When I play for full progression, I break up my clears into multiple clears within 24 hours, which means I can choose any timeslice that I want to play in. I can clear all easy and hard nodes and then wait 8 hours later to play some essential nodes, and then a few hours later to play the rest of the nodes. To me, playing for full progression is as good as playing non-timed events, with bonus rewards from minor placements.

Edit: I play scl 9 and sometimes 10. My clear time is typically 18 to 25 minutes for both scls. And I don't have 550 roster.
    When you say clear time, you mean initial 3x clears, or you mean total time spent per sub? If the latter, what team are you running and at what level?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    There is some good information here for quick teams for clears. https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/xcr6qk/quickest_scl10_pve_clear_team/

For newbies for Okoye to work with iHulk the most efficiently she has to tank everything so needs to be at a much higher level. And she needs the Royal Talon Fighter attached. I’m excited for Apocalypse/BRB/KK since I have the first two champed and Kamala well on her way at 3/3/4. They need a yellow generating support to fire Apoc’s yellow and a black ap support to fire everything as quickly and often as possible, but once that happens KK becomes a passive powerhouse. I remember SC/Chavez/Colossus+boosts (red, pink, match damage) was insanely fast if you could afford buying boosts. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Okoye doesn’t “need” to tank all colors, it just helps. My iHulk is 455, Ghostpool is 456, and Okoye is 458 with a 5* Royal talon fighter equipped. In this configuration Okoye tanks yellow and team up, and Ghostpool tanks everything that isn’t green, which belongs to hulk. If hulk dies a time or two that obviously changes. You just chase team up and yellow primarily, which is often the highest color on goons and triggers Ghostpool’s passive. It’s pretty fast and has all 5* health pools.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    In my defense, i did qualify it as most efficient but didn’t explain that is because with Okoye tanking everything means she doesn’t lose TU and iHulk doesn’t die. I wonder if Chasm/iHulk is faster if Okoye doesn’t tank everything. Neither of my Okoye or iHulk are high enough level to figure that one out. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2022
    Yeah for sure, but there is a lot of to do about her not tanking, and she loses a single team up per turn which is kind of trivial across a couple matches. It matters if you are using Warlock, who tanks all her colors at full health I find though. But as long as she owns team up and yellow it works generally. You’ll also want to keep the enemy with highest health in front of you are leaning into an AOE clear team so they all soften and go down about the same time I find.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    I've been feeling the burnout. My placement in both OSS and Hunt v3 will reflect that.
    But this was all about progression rewards to me anyway. I desperately needed more Adam covers and this whole mess moved me from 3 covers on him to 8!
    If the 5E shards would have been someone I already had fully-covered, I would have skipped Hunt v1 and Hunt v3. I knew it would be painful going in, but it was a conscious decision I made for those sweet Adam covers.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I'm glad for the chance to earn the rewards, but it's been tough. I really enjoyed the last Hunt redux, but boss events have some natural  downtime and don't require the same level of targeted timed play as regular PvEs. As I suggested the last time the glitch popped up, the second run should make all subs and nodes available for the entirety of the event with no placement rewards. This ensures that self-dumb humans truly play the game at their leisure and alliances never need to pressure their members to earn high scores.
  • Notepaddy
    Notepaddy Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I usually start to question my life choices after grinding an end and clearing one new sub. With TWO PvEs...My life starts to flash by in the time it takes attack tile numbers to float up the screen. That pause after a power before you're allowed to make a match. Hulk smash levels of frustration. 
  • Thoooooor
    Thoooooor Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    I have started playing SCL10 in recent months and also clear on about an hour or hour and a half but only up to progression (3 clears of each node). I enjoy having multiple things to do, such as shield training, puzzle gauntlets and PVE, however concurrent PVEs is not fun and requires too much time commitment to do both. I already know I'm out on placement, but by the time both PVEs and a Versus event are done it's more time than I wanted to spend. There needs to be some additional benefit such as double ISO when PVEs run concurrently, and all of this crunch with new character release and multiple events means that you can fall behind quickly on character releases if you don't keep up. I don't want it to be a trend in future.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doing 2 pve at the same time is just a slog for me. SCL 10 with time constraints is just….. it’s doable…… Of course it’s doable but I don’t want it again. 

Maybe if there was a bigger/better boost list?
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Gymp28 said:
    Omegased said:
    I'm a 5star player, playing SCL10. I don't really care much about placement - but play progression to completion every event. I have 51 5stars champed, ranging from 450 - 466. My goal is to champ everyone, rather than get characters to 550.

two PvE events at once is too much playing. Like, obviously I know I don't need to play everything. But since it's there, I'm trying to and I just don't want to play this much. It's really creating a bit of burnout for me, so I would be disappointed if this was the norm.

Humans are dumb (or at least, this human is dumb) because it's there, I wanna play it.

I do like the idea of other PvE running at the same time (introducing, puzzle gauntlet, S.H.I.E.L.D Training etc.) as long as they're not on a restricted daily timeline.
    Yeah, I think FOMO is the biggest driver to keep playing all available content. No one wants to feel like they’re ‘falling behind’ on earning potential rewards.
    So I think any further simultaneous PVE events will cause burnout in the most dedicated section of the player base (likely also the biggest spenders). Personally I’m more or less F2P, play only on SC10 and have 7 5stars champed at present. 
    I’ve appreciated the extra rewards (didn’t even have AW rostered, as he released when I was taking a break from the game), but I wouldn’t want to invest this much time every week if this continued. Certainly don’t think it’s planned to be regular though.
    In regards to FOMO, does everyone max out their rewards for PvP? Do you consider PvP rewards as “different” from PvE rewards?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I try to hit full progression and shield out to hang on to points that will count towards season progression. I'm not too sad if I don't have time for it, but I will always hit at least 500pts for the CP reward. It's not possible to keep pace on releases if I don't.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    I experienced a bit of burnout as well, I appreciate the opportunity for extra rewards though. More positive than negative IMHO. Especially given the pace of releases lately.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    T10 in both re-runs.
    Now can we please never do this again?
    It's just too much MPQ.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    In regards to FOMO, does everyone max out their rewards for PvP? Do you consider PvP rewards as “different” from PvE rewards?
    Imo there is no fomo for me.
    Some rewards here or there are irrelevant. 
    However saving enough pulls for to champ characters, that sure is relevant.
    So I've always tried to max out the cp income.
    It's not a race against others, but more like a personal marathon.
    Still there are ways to take that marathon to the extreme, if players have the will and the disponibility.