Feedback on Concurrent PVE Events

Comments

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    I think two events at once is too much. It’s more prone to burning out which is why my alliance loves having a boss only event without pve as well.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was a little too much.   I really feel bad for commanders of competitive alliances who had to juggle multiple times.  
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    If I have the time, i would have done both chasing rank rewards, but my busy work 12- hour schedule as well as my wife and daughter short vacation in my country of work, gave me less time to play. Thus I did only progression for both. Happy with that.
  • Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Pros: I placed higher in the second run of The Hunt, even though I scored less points.  Had to play in a different slice than Spider Silk for timing.

Con: I had to play while at work.  Not an ideal situation.
  • nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I liked it his one time because I was able to play at two different times without it affecting my work schedule too much, but I wouldn't play competitively for placement if it happened more often. Having some type of progression only PVE event running concurrently with regular PVE events would be cool though. I always welcome more rewards.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor
    I play scl8 across the board.  I could probably move up in pve, but I'm finally getting top 10 every event, top 5 occasionally depending on the boost list.  With pvp, if I don't finish 1st place it's a failure.  Now onto the Hunt issue.

I wasn't affected by the original mess up(I always play the 11pm EST slice), but I would've cleared as much as I could if I was.  I placed T10 on my original run.  On the overlap rerun, I picked the 6pm EST slice to avoid overlap with OSS at my regular 11pm slice.  I placed T10 in The Hunt rerun and OSS too.  That's the good, onto the bad.

I know it was luck of the draw, but The Hunt would be at the bottom of pve's I'd want this to have this occur with.  Tuesday and Wednesday was especially brutal.  I had the extra hour of play(final 3, first 4) for the rerun, then my regularly scheduled hour for OSS, plus whatever pvp season event needs.  Now the lighting rounds are thrown into the mix.  I do as many as I can because it's great for resources.  I still hit all my usual numbers regarding lighting rounds so nothing was sacrificed, but I was practically playing non-stop all Tuesday and Wednesday.  It was just too much.  Obviously, I didn't need to play everything or go as competitively as I did, but I happened to have the time(work (stock market) was slow aka watching my money disappear).  So playing was a nice distraction.

I hope that this isn't something implemented in the future.  If it is, the end times for the two events should be completely different.  Meaning keep the end times we have now for the "original" pve, and have new, completely different times for the "rerun" pve.  Something to that effect.  
  • CoxLargo
    CoxLargo Posts: 54 Match Maker
    I liked play 2 pve events, those prog rewards were great for me.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I uses SC + AC. Clear time in scl 10 is 20-25 minutes for 3 clears and 18-20 minutes for x2 grinds. For full progression, it will be only  ~35 minutes a day. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I uses SC + AC. Clear time in scl 10 is 20-25 minutes for 3 clears and 18-20 minutes for x2 grinds. For full progression, it will be only  ~35 minutes a day. 
    Do you use match damage boosts on top of the r/y and p/b?
  • HoundofShadow
    I use +all ap boost, crit boost and blue/purple match damage boost.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use +all ap boost, crit boost and blue/purple match damage boost.
    Yeah that's totally sustainable.
  • HoundofShadow
    Why not? 
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Why not? 
    F2P players will eventually run out of rainbow ap and critical boosts if they don’t buy offers that include hp. Four spicy tacos a day will not be enough to resupply. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Who are you running as third? Are you hitting the challenge node as well? Animations on, or off? Is that on a mostly goon sub, or you can do that on a tile-mover sub as well?

I guess I’m curious since that is roughly 60% of the time it’s taking me to finish, which is a pretty significant speed difference for a single target team that requires very deliberate tile placement.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm confident hound would have calculated cost and rewards, if he says it's sustainable I don't have any problem to believe it.
    Now it's a matter of to personally value if the hp is used for to get better rewards and QoL or used for to gamble at vault and stores.
    And not having a maxed okoye is the final hidden factor. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2022
    So I just did a 4x clear of Dark Design SCL 10 with animations on And timed it with my phone’s stopwatch. This is representative of my daily story mode clear - I just do 4x all at once.

I used on the easy nodes Rocket/Juggernaut/3* Lord. The only easy clear team you could field faster than this would be some kind of battle start auto win like Thano5/Rocket/Main Event because you win the match on swipe one.

I then switched to Hulkoye/Ghostpool for the rest of the mainline. None of those characters are at 460

for the pick-2 nodes I did Hulkoye + Required, and for the challenge node I did Shang-Chi/Sersi/Onslaught because it’s fast and reliable.

inonly cleared the first yellow node 1x times as usual.

this whole run cost me 5 health packs and I used 0 boosts.

it took one hour and five minutes, and this sub is almost all goons.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I can time a Shang-Chi/America Chavez team tomorrow, but bear in mind my Chavez is 370. Who are we using as a 3rd? Honestly it feels to me like SC/Onslaught/Professor X 4* would be faster than any team that required you to let the turn end to do something at the following turn start like Valkyrie or Chavez, but I’m open to being wrong about that. I won’t be stacking boosts though - I feel that is a lifestyle of the rich and famous move I’m not interested in replicating.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Good Shangvez thirds are Colossus and Karnak. According to the link I posted above, Colossus+Karnak+Chavez is faster but then the person who posted it has a 550 so who knows with baby champs.  If you have Sharon Carter put her on SC for the critical multiplier. If not there are other supports that are crit multiplers but can’t remember them off hand. But remember to boost every round or it will be slower than you like. Shang-Chi also needs to run 3/5/5.
  • HoundofShadow
    Animation off, and I don't use ap boost and crit boost on every node.  I get T10 with this setup, unless the meta are boosted, like Okoye, iHulk, Apocalypse etc. I play competitively in pves most of the time though. However, I don't play scl 10 for every pves. If players find it unsustainable for them, they could switch to using + red and purple ap and a crit boost. 

As for my third, I usually use 5* Thor, Valkyrie, or Melinda. I think most SC fans use such team combinations as well.

Yes, and run SC at 3/5/5. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    So do you allow the combo to drop on purpose so you get those start of turn effects, or do your shoot for the infinite turn if you can?