Upcoming Rerun of the Hunt Event (9/9/22)

124»

Comments

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2022
    BCS is the worst thing to happen to this game in years. People are exhausted. Because they keep screwing up, and their 'solutions' make things worse. Where's our relief in roster slot costs? Oh sorry, you're too busy releasing more and more and more offers to actually give your most hard-core and faithful players any kind of a break.

Funny how things weren't this broken with Demiurge. But as soon as BCS comes in to 'fix things, everything gets immediately screw up beyond repair. 
    [redacted]

**Mod note: Removed inappropriate comment. Please keep comments civil and constructive. - fight4thedream
    If you’re exhausted, maybe you should take a break. No one is forcing you to play. At the very least, skip one of the PvEs.
    ^^this
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,759 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Alfje17 said:
    LakeStone said:
    Sorry for the confusion, event is now going live at 10am PST as some things needed updating over the weekend.  
    Thanks for the info, sadly for the UK that means 3 start times during work/commute (6pm, 10am, 1pm) and 2 during the night (11pm and 4am), looks like I can forget placement this time...

Central Time zone in the US fares about the same.

Sounds like both of us need to take the 4am slice and wake up at 3am for the possibility of placement.  :*
    These CT time slices are actually the same as the normal UK ones: I usually play slice 3 at 10pm or slice 5 at 7am. The start times are my biggest gripe with this game and don't get me started on the last Boss event reset between 1am and 5am!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's fun to have 2 pves running at same time. 
    I'll try to rank in both for getting double dip on rewards. 
    Thanks devs for this generous solution! Old devs never would screw up nothing because they needed 4 years each time they go and release new content. And old devs never would offer extra resources for a repeated pve.
    Now, do you want to play for rank? Here you go, there it is. Do you want to play for progression? Here you go, there it is. Do you want to quit the game? Here you go, the doors are open ;)
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    This is me. And I think it's GREAT!
    I was also able to buy his covers twice from the HFH store (since that reset, too). And will do it again if they let me.

Adam is who I voted to be in the Anniversary store. I know he won't "win", but it's who I needed the most covers of.
    Oh, are you actually going to leave the kiddie pool and champ your 5*? Or keep hiding behind mmr?
    Heck no, I'm not champing them. But I still have to fully-cover them all.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think if we are all honest, it has not been a great start for the new dev team.  However, it is also not "end of the world" nor the worst thing that has ever happened to a mobile game.  The middle ground is somewhere in between.

What I am surprised at, is the vitriol between those who think the devs are incompetent nincompoops and those who think the devs walk on water.  I have not seen such a disconnect within a player base in my (unfortunately, very) long years of gaming.  I don't think there is anything to do to solve this, but simply something I have noticed in the past year with MPQ. 
  • Bad
    Where is the frustration? I ranked t50 in previous the hunt and probably I will rank t50 again in this rerun. So yay devs!
    And if I had the scl error I'd be happy for not losing the rewards now.
    As it can be seen the difference is just the "crybaby" attitude (this time without talking about gender, now it's alright).
  • Bad
    BCS is the worst thing to happen to this game in years. 
    I find this sentence amazing. 
    By the looks of it, it must be that the person writing it(and others supporting) actually think that a game changing hands from the developers who designed it is the most natural thing in the world, and not the ultimate solution to evade the shutdown.
    No, pal. The worst thing to happen to this game actually happened some time previous BCS taking charge.
    And my wish is that they succeed.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    we have yet to have a week of error-free play.
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    I usually play in the last time frame.  Two PVE events and neither of them are open.  Can you guys possibly screw this up anymore?
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor
    @Bad, the two comments right above this one...there's the frustration 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    **Mod note: Removed some inappropriate posts and posts that responded to them. Just to be clear: Sexist language and the like are a violation of rule 7 and will not be tolerated. Please keep your comments civil and constructive. Thank you. 
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    I love it! It's a shocking novelty idea.
    I hope devs announce it in game as many players don't read the forum, reddit etc.

I wonder if the game was designed for to play on top competitive alliances, for to taking all your daily scheduled time until the last second, day after day until some people understably get burnt out.
    Mmm, something says me not. The game is designed for to be played.
    Just release more new content and let players play more! Personally I'd be glad to quit one of the others 2 games I use to play if MPQ needed suddenly more time.
    Imo that's actually what this game needs.
    You would have loved when PvE nodes had 2.5 hour reset timers. 

The majority of end game players enjoy boss events because it allows us to play casually for a few days.  Double PvE events does the opposite.

The smart solution would be to bring back Gauntlet and roll The Hunt rewards into that.  Anyone who wants those rewards would have a week or so to obtain them in their free time.

Telling players to take a break is a bad stance, a big chunk will end up not coming back. The player base is shrinking as is.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    **Mod note: I have removed a few inappropriate posts. Please keep this thread civil and on topic please. Thank you.