Upcoming Rerun of the Hunt Event (9/9/22)

Options

Comments

• jeffsterz
    jeffsterz Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Will She Hulk 5* be fixed this time around? She currently isn’t boosted in the subs for this event, only on the main window.
  • trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Works for me.  If I have time and want to participate, I can earn extra rewards, and if I don't then I am no worse off.  I hope they make this a regular feature.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Would you consider staggering the start time by maybe an hour?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll probably play the re-run similar to how I play regular PVE - clear and grind when convenient for me. I wasn't affected by the bug and so I'll take some bonus rewards.

Could it have happened to a worse PVE though?  Florida is easily the worst sub and the Hunt overall is pretty terrible, to top that it's one of the worse boost lists.  I like the suggestion of boosting everyone to make it run a bit quicker for all.  
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    Options
    This is the first time some players can triple dip on the same rewards. Great news for those those targetting AW. It's about 1000 worth of shards in total.
    This is me. And I think it's GREAT!
    I was also able to buy his covers twice from the HFH store (since that reset, too). And will do it again if they let me.

Adam is who I voted to be in the Anniversary store. I know he won't "win", but it's who I needed the most covers of.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,540 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m on the fence for buying the covers. But this third run will put me at 8 covers and I can target mantis to champ him if I choose. For people that don’t have a champed Warlock this is a great boost to progression for him.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punter1 said:
    I'll probably play the re-run similar to how I play regular PVE - clear and grind when convenient for me. I wasn't affected by the bug and so I'll take some bonus rewards.

Could it have happened to a worse PVE though?  Florida is easily the worst sub and the Hunt overall is pretty terrible, to top that it's one of the worse boost lists.  I like the suggestion of boosting everyone to make it run a bit quicker for all.  
    Florida is only bad because it has a confusing layout. If they streamlined the layout but kept the regular nodes then it'd be an afterthought for most people. And even The Hunt isn't that terrible. Alaska and Florida are pretty average for difficulty and Savage Lands is one of the easiest subs in the game. I would say Honor Among Thieves or Simulator are a lot worse.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is it possible this will mean easier placement?  With players splitting their efforts between two events maybe most will get higher rankings.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not only is Hunt not a very fun PVE but the boost list this week is hot garbage.  Oh, well.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 546 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Question: Are you rerunning the glitched version of The Hunt or the fixed one?
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My guess is that they’re trying to run a fixed version and if it’s running concurrently with another PvE, players won’t get (as) upset if it’s buggy.
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just make additional boost toons like Sang chi and Mthor.. then will be fast and easy hunt pve..
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Punter1 said:

Florida is only bad because it has a confusing layout. If they streamlined the layout but kept the regular nodes then it'd be an afterthought for most people. And even The Hunt isn't that terrible. Alaska and Florida are pretty average for difficulty and Savage Lands is one of the easiest subs in the game. I would say Honor Among Thieves or Simulator are a lot worse.

They actually stealth fixed the Florida sub a couple months back. Never any official notice and no one here ever started a thread about it either. But it used to be that after doing the 1st 2 trivial nodes you had to do one of the hard nodes to unlock some more nodes to get to the 3rd trivial node which made the whole thing confusing for those trying for T10. That's no longer the case as what used to be a hard node was made into the 3rd trivial node so now the whole thing flows correctly. The only semi-annoying part is it has something like 5-6 one time nodes.

KGB
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 546 Critical Contributor
    Options
     CharlieLima said:
    My guess is that they’re trying to run a fixed version and if it’s running concurrently with another PvE, players won’t get (as) upset if it’s buggy.
    That was simply a snarky question. I will add, however, that the last time we glitched I suggested that they rerun all PvEs a week later where all subs open immediately and there are no placement rewards. The Matrix is listening. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure why not just ignore placements and play full progression. I realise quite a number of players has this kind of psychological barrier. 

Given two choices:

a) ignore placements and play full progressions
    b) remove placements and play full progressions.

They would choose b when choosing a works as well.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure why not just ignore placements and play full progression. I realise quite a number of players has this kind of psychological barrier. 

Given two choices:

a) ignore placements and play full progressions
    b) remove placements and play full progressions.

They would choose b when choosing a works as well.
    Not if you're in a top 10 alliance like some of us are. I think my ideal situation would be for pve events to work in a similar way as boss events where it's progression only but that there would be rewards tied to the alliance as well.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    maybe just give everyone the rewards instead of wasting our time?
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 814 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can't run a clean event, but those money bundles always go out with no issue...figures.