The Hunt glitch

13»

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    Stuff happens, it's just a game, no one died. Thanks for the free stuff when it comes.

Wow. You get this is the internet, right? Being so calm AND having perspective? Are you a witch?

I plan on treating this event like a boss event. Gonna take it niiiiiice and easy and just play for progression.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:

I plan on treating this event like a boss event. Gonna take it niiiiiice and easy and just play for progression.
    Agreed.  Yes, it's a new release but we already have one cover for doing nothing.  I just want the green check on each node and I will be happy.  Plenty of time to worry about champing Reptil and then never using him again unless required.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for the free stuff for something I didn't know there was a problem with. 
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2022
    LakeStone said:
    Hi Everyone - Thank you for sharing this with us. Team is aware of the issue and will need to reset the event which will take place at 2pm PST today.  All progression rewards you earn from the event can be kept.  Additional compensation will be given out but timeline for when that will be sent is TBD.

We apologize for this inconvenience as we understand the frustration caused from a reset event.
    The shifted times are lousy for everyone, but those who play s1/s2 (early enough) get an extra 50cp, 10 event tokens, 8 mighty tokens, 150 hero points, 50k-ish iso, 3 4-star covers, and half 5-star cover (in exchange for extra work).

A 'free' 4s that everyone gets may be reasonable for the annoyances of shifted event times, it doesn't come close to making up for the missed huge reward opportunities that only effects some players.

A huge portion of players have reasonably been denied any access to approx. 100cp, 20 event tokens, 16 Mighties, 300 hero points, 100k-ish iso, 6 4-star covers, and two different sets of 250 5-star shards, since this has now happened twice, and been mis-handled the same way both times. And that feels super tiny-kitty.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Any chance that the next "oops, all subs!" event could let ALL subs have 24-hour access to the huge amount of rewards, and just shift schedules by a day (replace the next 4-day event with a 3-day one)?
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,759 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone said:
    Hi Everyone - Thank you for sharing this with us. Team is aware of the issue and will need to reset the event which will take place at 2pm PST today.  All progression rewards you earn from the event can be kept.  Additional compensation will be given out but timeline for when that will be sent is TBD.

We apologize for this inconvenience as we understand the frustration caused from a reset event.
    The shifted times are lousy for everyone, but those who play s1/s2 (early enough) get an extra 50cp, 10 event tokens, 8 mighty tokens, 150 hero points, 50k-ish iso, 3 4-star covers, and half 5-star cover (in exchange for extra work).

A 'free' 4s that everyone gets may be reasonable for the annoyances of shifted event times, it doesn't come close to making up for the missed huge reward opportunities that only effects some players.

A huge portion of players have reasonably been denied any access to approx. 100cp, 20 event tokens, 16 Mighties, 300 hero points, 100k-ish iso, 6 4-star covers, and two different sets of 250 5-star shards, since this has now happened twice, and been mis-handled the same way both times. And that feels super tiny-kitty.
    As someone who has to play s5 because the other 4 conflict with work/life balance, I would also like to see a glitch like this in s5 instead ;)
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Alfje17 said:
    LakeStone said:

As someone who has to play s5 because the other 4 conflict with work/life balance, I would also like to see a glitch like this in s5 instead ;)
    I was playing s5 as well for the same reasons. Life switched on me a bit, so I had to start playing in s1. Because my personal life and MPQ life were now suddenly much more in sync, I went from top 100/200 to top 20/50 with the same amount of play. For a truly competitive placement system, they should definitely change to variable, individualized “you started the event at X:YZ” instead of the hard coded slice start times.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    I’m just thankful that the two PvEs have different start times.
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 96 Match Maker
    edited September 2022
    Are we now getting a 3th run for the Hunt?
    like all the free stuf but running two events at once next to spidersilk is a bit much, so just going for completion not placement.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,759 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wilger said:
    like all the free stuf but running two events at once next to spidersilk is a bit much, so just going for completion not placement.
    That is indeed what we've been talking about here, for details on this re-run, check out: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87409/upcoming-rerun-of-the-hunt-event-9-9-22/p1
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wilger said:
    Unless you're like me and prejoin every event then you only get to play it twice.  :(
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wilger said:
    Weird. This iteration worked normally for me.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,590 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Unless you're like me and prejoin every event then you only get to play it twice.  :(
    I didn't prejoin and I got 3. I join usually 20-30 minutes after the first slice opens.

I'm guessing first slice players got 3, and maybe the second slice players got the cl1 bug?

Not completely sure, but I certainly will get all progression rewards 3x, and 2 top 50 finishes for this event.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Cl1 bug was people finishing a node after the event had closed.
    The event ran for 5 hours after s2 had started, I got green checks on everything, S2 prejoin.
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 96 Match Maker
    edited September 2022
    neat 23th in 3th run. one champed Reptil somewhere in those 340 roster slots :) did run al at CL10.
    Thoug think just cost me top 50 in Spider silk.