The Hunt glitch

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
We had this before if I remember correctly. Both Alaska and Florida opens at the same time. Which one to play? Both?

Comments

• hipUK
    hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker
    edited September 2022
    Oh me - please shut this down, I can't spend 4h on MPQ today!

**Mod note: Please refrain from using vulgar language, including acronyms and abbreviations. It's a violation of rule 6. - fight4thedream
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    IIRC, Alaska's the first one that's supposed to be opened. If you want double rewards, do Florida first.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    My alliance concur, playing as fast as I can.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Forget Florida because Savage Land is open too.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,590 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cleared out just like last time. Hope they reset the event like before.
    New devs please fumble this again I like clearing a whole event in a couple hours.
    If it doesn’t reset then it’s just a couple of days of single node hits but for 3 subs, so it’s about the same play time.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Once again, no glitch for me.  :'(

Last time it was because I was playing in slice 5, and everything was fixed by start time. This time I'm in slice 1 and entered the event about 20 minutes after it started, sooooo... only pre-joiners?
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor
    My confidence in a smooth September rollout lessens by the day.  
  • dianetics
    edited September 2022

Last time it was because I was playing in slice 5, and everything was fixed by start time. This time I'm in slice 1 and entered the event about 20 minutes after it started, sooooo... only pre-joiners?
    Did you clear all the main hunt nodes? Those are the ones that unlock the extra subs.

* edit.    I joined 1 hour after the event started and cleared all main The Hunt nodes first.
  • hipUK
    hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker
    I've spent 4h on MPQ today.   :s
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I felt nauseous clearing all subs last time in 3 hours. I'm going to skip even though there'll be "double rewards".
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    dianetics said:

Did you clear all the main hunt nodes? Those are the ones that unlock the extra subs.

* edit.    I joined 1 hour after the event started and cleared all main The Hunt nodes first.
    Nope. <plays game> FLORIDA!
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Hi Everyone - Thank you for sharing this with us. Team is aware of the issue and will need to reset the event which will take place at 2pm PST today.  All progression rewards you earn from the event can be kept.  Additional compensation will be given out but timeline for when that will be sent is TBD.

We apologize for this inconvenience as we understand the frustration caused from a reset event.
  • dianetics
    Love it. Send a message to the team and screw up like this next time too.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Please keep in mind that if the event gets pushed a day that you push the next event a day because of the required new character for the next event.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrPlow said:
    Please keep in mind that if the event gets pushed a day that you push the next event a day because of the required new character for the next event.
    I could be wrong but I don't think they are pushing it a day. I think they are resetting it but S1 will still end at 7 AM EST and S2 will still end at 12 PM EST etc. But, as mentioned, I certainly could be wrong.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Just a suggestion but if it's possible a much more elegant solution would be to just run the 3-day version of the Hunt event and have it start at its normal time.  

If I'm understanding this announcement correctly, S1, S2, and S3 will all be starting at the same time, but S1 and S2 players will see a point deficit because their end time will be less than the normal 24-hour time period.
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    4hrs?
    Just got under 3 hours for me in all the hunt events and DDQ.
  • WilliamK1983
    LakeStone said:
    Hi Everyone - Thank you for sharing this with us. Team is aware of the issue and will need to reset the event which will take place at 2pm PST today.  All progression rewards you earn from the event can be kept.  Additional compensation will be given out but timeline for when that will be sent is TBD.

We apologize for this inconvenience as we understand the frustration caused from a reset event.
    👎 weak
  • WilliamK1983
    LakeStone said:

👎 weak
    Out of curiosity, what would you have preferred them to say?
    Nothing.  I'd prefer basic functions to  work as intended but that's to much to ask for these past couple of months.