Maybe the new devs will listen. It's time to nerf 5* Scarlet Witch.

13»

Comments

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 790 Critical Contributor
    ViralCore said:
    Hey devs,

The meta is not healthy. Look at the numbers and see how OP SW is compared to the other characters. Look at pick-2 events and see how often SW is used compared to others even when other characters are boosted by 100 levels. Look at the SIM teams and you will see those in the 5* tier are mainly using SW, Colossus, BRB, and Apocolypse. SW is used most often and the other 4 are used to counter her.

There are currently 72 5*s and only a handful of characters are usable, only because they counter SW. The lack of team diversity is a massive indicator of an unhealthy meta-game. Creating counter-characters doesn't fix the problem.
    Viral, I understand where you are coming from but you have to look at the issue from all sides. You're asking for a nerf on a character that is a support character at best. Few, if any, build their team around SW at the lead. She is usually added to fill a void or address a specific need.

Yes, SW can perform on her own for short periods, but her active powers are slow. I know, her purple is only 3 AP, but it is a support power that does no harm to the opponent and can actually help the enemy. It leaves SW's blue as her only active power. Mind you, her blue does not shut down the opponent, it only slows them a bit.

With that said, SW is invited to the party because of her passive counter. It is a devastating power, but is limited by strategic play. In addition, SW does not have high health like Knull, can still be stunned, sent airborne, and made inept by removing her repeater tile. Let's also remember that SW is an answer to the cascade issue. 

Lastly, I am not a fan of asking for a nerf without identifying the specific issue and offering solutions. A character being able to take out a bigger opponent is not reason for a nerf. If that were the case, I say we nerf 3* Spidey because his blue stun combined with his yellow beatdown is capable of taking out 4* and, dare I say, 5* characters. What about 1* Juggernaut's ability to decimate an entire team of 550s? If we dive deeper into how these characters are able to win, we can see that it is because of team mechanics. 3* Spidey is only much of a threat on a stun heavy team with blue tile/AP generation like BRB/Polaris. 1* Juggs is only a threat on a team that feeds his green like BRB/Polaris. Looking at the similarities, we can see that the issue isn't Spidey or Juggs, but with the BRB/Polaris combo. When we isolate Spidey and Juggs by putting them by themselves or on different teams we see that they are not as powerful as initially perceived. For this reason, Spidey and Juggs should not be nerfed.

We can also do the same by looking at the BRB/Polaris combo and see that neither BRB or Polaris are OP. They are both powerful and leads on many teams, but are not so powerful as to need nerfs. The synergy with this combo is just extremely high. Separate them and they are good, but not broken. Another example is Hulkoye. The name says it all. The synergy between iHulk and Okoye is extremely high. The difference with this combo is that iHulk is meh by himself and Okoye is a lead no matter what team she is on. In addition, she performs great on her own. Out of all of the characters mentioned in this reply, the only one that warrants attention in a nerf discussion is Okoye. Even then, I would proceed with caution since Okoye only has high synergy with specific types of characters and can be easily countered with strategic play. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I remember correctly, the nerf threads are generally created by players with 550 MMR and are a result of very few players at that level. Is that still the case today? It seems odd that Switch would be used everywhere today when she was pretty much handled by boosted characters in the baby champ MMR last time I played.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker
    If I remember correctly, the nerf threads are generally created by players with 550 MMR and are a result of very few players at that level. Is that still the case today? It seems odd that Switch would be used everywhere today when she was pretty much handled by boosted characters in the baby champ MMR last time I played.

This is also coming around following a particularly rough boost week, I think every single featured PVP character had some sort of automatic damage to feed her counter.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I doubt Shang Chi gets nerfed because even though his win % is likely top tier on offense, I suspect his win % is bottom tier on defense. Typical glass cannon.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    I doubt Shang Chi gets nerfed because even though his win % is likely top tier on offense, I suspect his win % is bottom tier on defense. Typical glass cannon.
    Agreed.  Part of why 5Switch is so good is that she is pretty AI-proof on defense.  SC (and Chasm) are both fantastic in the player's hand but really poor on defense when the AI plays them.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buffs not nerfs!!!!!!!!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buff Scarlet Witch? That's a great idea!!!!!!
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Buff Scarlet Witch? That's a great idea!!!!!!
    Make her repeater tile fortified. There we go.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Technically, Wanda was "nerfed" before her release. That's why her reduction is capped at 80% instead of 100%(?).
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't be shy spreading love. Buff SW and poor SC!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    Don't be shy spreading love. Buff SW and poor SC!
    If Shang Chi is selected in a players team they instantly win.

Although that isn't hugely different to what happens now I guess.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    I've lost plenty of matches with SC if I don't boost and get a bad board.

Might as well nerf 3* Deadpool since he can beat ANY team by dropping all the whales.