Maybe the new devs will listen. It's time to nerf 5* Scarlet Witch.

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    As mentioned, she is a great support partner. 
    But you lose the offensive partner and be ready to struggle through a long long battle, dealing cheap damage and losing a lot of health and time. And she turning TU into a color you don't need anymore.
    Possibly if you win your reward will be 3 hits you got meanwhile. 
    What an Op character deserving a nerf!

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,578 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using 5* scarlet witch is one of the few times when you can watch the enemy get a ridiculous cascade and keep a smile on your face. It happened to me earlier against red hulk and it was a great feeling knowing that he was about to get wiped out by his own wanton destruction.

Unless the repeater is matched or destroyed in the cascade, which happens moderately often because, y'know, it's a cascade.  Still, it's a great power, and of the three things she does, she definitely does damage mitigation best, and is the best in the game at it at least so far.
    Still, damage mitigation doesn't win matches.  As noted above, she's a great support character - she's replaced Okoye as the best - but she's not overpowered and she doesn't need a nerf.
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Considering that you just hit my 550 apocalypse and Wanda boosted to almost lvl 600 four times in a row with an un boosted baby champ shang chi and unboosted baby champ mighty thor it seems like you're greatly exaggerating how OP Wanda is. 

Update: 9 times in a row now,  will he go for ten?
    This is anecdotal and does not resemble the community as a whole. The devs can easily look at the numbers and see the high win ratios, defensive and offensive, with scarlet witch compared to any other character.
  • ViralCore
    Hey devs,

The meta is not healthy. Look at the numbers and see how OP SW is compared to the other characters. Look at pick-2 events and see how often SW is used compared to others even when other characters are boosted by 100 levels. Look at the SIM teams and you will see those in the 5* tier are mainly using SW, Colossus, BRB, and Apocolypse. SW is used most often and the other 4 are used to counter her.

There are currently 72 5*s and only a handful of characters are usable, only because they counter SW. The lack of team diversity is a massive indicator of an unhealthy meta-game. Creating counter-characters doesn't fix the problem.
  • Bad
    There are a lot of nostalgic hulkoye users... for them SW nerfed would be a sweet dream come true, isn't it? ;)
    And what about if we firstly nerf okoye, for the sake of a healthy meta game? This way we can nerf without worries SW and SC.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It sounds like a 550 IHukoye user asking for Wanda to be nerfed. 

IHulkoye is frequently used in pve to secure top placements and they represent 80% of the team being used. The others being Apocalypse/BRB and SC, and maybe 550 Colossus.

Going by that logic, they should be nerfed as well. There are 72 5* and only these 6 are usable for top placements. The lack of team diversity is a massive indicator of an unhealthy meta-game. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    ViralCore said:
    Considering that you just hit my 550 apocalypse and Wanda boosted to almost lvl 600 four times in a row with an un boosted baby champ shang chi and unboosted baby champ mighty thor it seems like you're greatly exaggerating how OP Wanda is. 

This is anecdotal and does not resemble the community as a whole. The devs can easily look at the numbers and see the high win ratios, defensive and offensive, with scarlet witch compared to any other character.
    Lol, so the 11 wins you added for Shang Chi won't drag his numbers up, eh?

I bet there are a lot more Shang Chi's out there being built than there are Wanda. Also Wanda normally has Colossus tagging along - which 5* does Shang need with him?

I don't suppose the Devs will want to release such information but it would be fascinating to see, although you would have to adjust for difference in release dates so perhaps looking at 2022 data would be fair.
  • ViralCore
    DAZ0273 said:
    ViralCore said:

I bet there are a lot more Shang Chi's out there being built than there are Wanda. Also Wanda normally has Colossus tagging along - which 5* does Shang need with him?

I don't suppose the Devs will want to release such information but it would be fascinating to see, although you would have to adjust for difference in release dates so perhaps looking at 2022 data would be fair.
    So, do you think 11 games out of over 500,000 makes a huge difference? Math and stats are clearly not your things...
  • ViralCore
    It sounds like a 550 IHukoye user asking for Wanda to be nerfed. 

IHulkoye is frequently used in pve to secure top placements and they represent 80% of the team being used. The others being Apocalypse/BRB and SC, and maybe 550 Colossus.

Going by that logic, they should be nerfed as well. There are 72 5* and only these 6 are usable for top placements. The lack of team diversity is a massive indicator of an unhealthy meta-game. 
    Nope, I clearly ended my statement with "Creating counter-characters doesn't fix the problem." Nerf iHulk too.
  • Bad
    ViralCore said:. 
    Nope, I clearly ended my statement with "Creating counter-characters doesn't fix the problem." Nerf iHulk too.
    Ihulk? No. Nerf okoye. Did you avoid that topic on purpose?
    Ihulk only deals cheap AoE by himself. 
    If we are going to nerf supporting characters for the sake of a healthy meta game, then nerf okoye, who can quick score with just a 4* partner.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    ViralCore said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    ViralCore said:

So, do you think 11 games out of over 500,000 makes a huge difference? Math and stats are clearly not your things...
    Ha ha, but what about those 500,000 Shang Chi wins!! Good point!! And what does the Community "as as a whole" look like to you? I mean I am a **** idiot obviously but at least I understand that "the Community as a whole" isn't just the 50 people you know on Line! 😀
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:
    I think the Devs should give every character a passive that produces Call the Swarm tiles and then make Wasp a 6*.
    I think the new devs will surprise us with the rebalanced 5* Wasp.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,789 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buff Half Thor, I'm sure if you look at the stats no 5* losing more games than him ;)

I detest using SW. Even when the repeater is in the corner the AI get's a cascade that turns into a match 4 that magics that away. If they do a ton of damage against me it gets matched away right at the last tile drop.

I don't even like using her against hulk as I still seem to take more damage than I'd like. I don't find her troublesome to beat in return.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,578 Chairperson of the Boards
    I barely use Okoye anymore despite the fact that she's my highest character at 511.  She just doesn't play well enough with the boosted 5* meta - it's pretty hard to get her to tank with the best boosted 5*s and when she doesn't tank she bleeds TU (and therefore damage.)  I play Apoc a lot more (he's fairly close behind her at 509,) because he's easier to play when he's not tanking, and he's better on his own - his black and red hit hard enough even when he's not boosted that he can play with the big boys.
    Anyway, some characters are always going to be more powerful and/or more useful than others - that's the nature of the game.  A game would need to have truly astounding devs to have everyone perfectly balanced, and that's never been the case for this game.  Remember Sentry?  XWolvie?  Heck even Hulkbuster stood head and shoulders above other 4*s until the meta caught up with him.
    Nerfs drive players away.  Unless the character is actively toxic for the game (and Gambit was, Bishop too I think.  WorthyCap was a bit niche but I get why they did it,) the devs are, and frankly should, be very reluctant to nerf.  There's a reason those two were the last to get any kind of serious nerf and that was years ago.
    Again, if anything Shang-Chi is worse for game balance than Wanda because he can be used to defeat any node.  But I don't think he should be nerfed because he's weak in PVP.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    ViralCore said:

Okay, so your anecdotal evidence of "When a level 500 character can easily take down buffed 650s, there's a problem." is valid when a character that is 150 levels lower can win but the anecdotal evidence of 450's taking down a boosted lvl 600 which is also a 150 level difference and also your anecdotal evidence is not?

Does having characters boosted to lvl 650 "represent the community as a whole"?
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    GrimSkald said:
    Again, if anything Shang-Chi is worse for game balance than Wanda because he can be used to defeat any node.  But I don't think he should be nerfed because he's weak in PVP.
    He’s ineffective with countdown tug-of-war node and invisible characters. And he also takes more time and better decision-making than a simple retal repeater.
  • JackDeath666
    JackDeath666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Viral Core's description of what he sees in Sim is exactly what I see and have seen for a while now. That will be the same for many players, although maybe only above a certain level of roster. I think the main reason SW is/seems strong is that she is usually attached at the waist to Colossus. Plus many people have them both at 550. Between them it's tough to do much damage. This all might start to change soon though with the newer characters that have been released.