Maybe the new devs will listen. It's time to nerf 5* Scarlet Witch.

ViralCore
ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
When a level 500 character can easily take down buffed 650s, there's a problem.

Comments

• Ulik
    Ulik Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Level 650 Doc Ock is still Doc Ock.

Wanda will be nerfed starting tomorrow, when a bunch of people un-hoard for their shiny 550 Janes.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    When a level 500 character can easily take down buffed 650s, there's a problem.
    You talking about Shang Chi and Jane?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I personally think that the Wanda stack attack should be capped, but a nerf isn't necessary. She's very beatable.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wanda has suffered enough, leave her alone. The most OP character is Shang Chi by far but just because he is useless on defence he gets a pass.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Wanda has suffered enough, leave her alone. The most OP character is Shang Chi by far but just because he is useless on defence he gets a pass.
    I'm aboard the "nerf cheesy boy" train, let's goooooo!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering that you just hit my 550 apocalypse and Wanda boosted to almost lvl 600 four times in a row with an un boosted baby champ shang chi and unboosted baby champ mighty thor it seems like you're greatly exaggerating how OP Wanda is. 

Update: 9 times in a row now,  will he go for ten?
    Don't keep us in suspense, did he go for ten?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thinking about this thread yesterday I decided to bring my 3/4/4 lvl 70 Oscorp Spider-Man in to PVP against all these boosted Wandas. It completely shuts down the repeater, however once it is locked she will create another one. I had as many as 3x enemy repeaters in play in a few matches. Pretty sure that's a bug, i wouldn't mind if somebody fixed that behavior. But otherwise wanda is fine, there are tools available.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,590 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wanda doesn’t need a nerf. The roster is so thick now they can create hard counters to certain characters.

Actually now that I think of it Wanda needs a buff because reasons.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to take down champed 5* BRB and some boosted 5* with two baby champed four stars in pvps. Should they be nerfed as well? 

Anyway, there are many counters to Wanda Gamora was the first one and then we have Ultron. Shang Chi is one due to winfinite. Ghostpool is an underrated counter. Then, we have Dr Thor (+ Iceman). Chasm gives players an edge over Wanda on the first turn and he tanks, has high match damage and has revive. If not, you can always fall back to the classic stun for x turns and unleash.
  • DAZ0273
    DeNappa said:
    Considering that you just hit my 550 apocalypse and Wanda boosted to almost lvl 600 four times in a row with an un boosted baby champ shang chi and unboosted baby champ mighty thor it seems like you're greatly exaggerating how OP Wanda is. 

Update: 9 times in a row now,  will he go for ten?
    Don't keep us in suspense, did he go for ten?
    Just woke up to hits number 10 and 11. This one goes up to 11!

And 1 wipe. Wanda is so super duper strong she can only be beat 11 out of 12 times guys.
    Boosted Wanda!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,578 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Bad said:
    Hillarious. 
    On pvp SIM there are already many baby champed Jthors, and I will lose for sure if I don't kill her first with my advanceds apoc and wanda.
    Open your mind, nerfing belongs to another era and another devs.

I can still see nerfing being necessary - particularly if a character creates an interaction with another character that was unforeseen by the devs.  And let's face facts - Gambit (and Bishop, for that matter) was OP coming out the gate and everyone who saw him said so.  They were absolutely nerfed too hard, but that's beyond the point.
    Neither of those things apply here, though.  Wanda is a very good character, but she has some distinct weaknesses.  She is the best overall support character in the game - particularly because she can fill in three good roles - creating a color, reducing enemy damage, boosting your own damage, but other than the second thing there are definitely better characters for that role.  She isn't OP, though, and nerfing her won't help the game balance, just drive spenders from the game.
    As noted above, if there's any character that is OP it's Shang-Chi, but he's tinykitty on defense so honestly I don't think he needs a nerf either.  If the devs want to make sure that people can't just stomp on a node, he'll get the axe.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    The devs should just track every character I use, and nerf all the others.
  • DAZ0273
    I think the Devs should give every character a passive that produces Call the Swarm tiles and then make Wasp a 6*.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have both Shang-Chi and Wanda champed and don't think either is so OP as to need to be nerfed but if I did have to pick one of them as most OP it would be Shang who makes a huge difference in both PvE and PvP whereas Wanda is only a deterrent at best in PvP.  

I really would like to see Bag-Man nerfed.  I know he's already useless but maybe add 2 more AP to each power.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think people will be asking for a Chasm nerf once he proliferates.
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Using 5* scarlet witch is one of the few times when you can watch the enemy get a ridiculous cascade and keep a smile on your face. It happened to me earlier against red hulk and it was a great feeling knowing that he was about to get wiped out by his own wanton destruction.