Upcoming Boss Event Re-Run: Gorr (8/25/22)

Options
13»

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 801 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Got em as well, haven't opened em yet.  Is this another sorry for our continued screw ups compensation or another bug all in itself?  

Edit: just pulled the four tokens without issue. 
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is the 5-star cover intentional in the Boss vault? I pulled 3x 4-star and the 5-star (Thanos) in 5 pulls, stashed the rest in case it was an error. Seems like a fair value for a boss vault, a single 5-star cover out of 80.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 727 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pulled the 5* Thanos too, was a pleasant surprise. Think it may be a mistake as he's listed in the middle of the 4s though.  Came to see if others had him there also.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,843 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the tokens! Not sure why I got them? If it was the two Thor thing then I actually think that is a great thematic feature for this Boss Event!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She Hulk gave everyone one LT too.
  • Notepaddy
    Notepaddy Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This run was just ok. More annoying than usual with the double required Thor thing. I often went into nodes with a lesser Thor by accident from all the switching between nodes. It made things kind of boring? No team synergy, so just go in with Colossus and mindlessly match damage him down. I do that with all boss events because they're too easy for 5* players, but this one required I take more damage along the way :)

Still down for a smartly curated Heroic.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Notepaddy said:
    This run was just ok. More annoying than usual with the double required Thor thing. I often went into nodes with a lesser Thor by accident from all the switching between nodes. It made things kind of boring? No team synergy, so just go in with Colossus and mindlessly match damage him down. I do that with all boss events because they're too easy for 5* players, but this one required I take more damage along the way :)

Still down for a smartly curated Heroic.
    I agree.  This one is a slog with very little synergy.  A curated heroic could be a lot of fun.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 467 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2022
    Options
    The loaners seemed almost intentionally bad/wrong, my alliance has been chucking TUs at whoever's roster can't make up the difference. Also, what's up with the fade minions spawning faded in the waves? That's a health pack eater and since we're "done" I'm just skipping those entirely now.

That said, I DID have a lot of fun with a throg/5jane/lokigator team vs Gorr in the later rounds, there's excellent synergy there and if you can get the charges built up fast it's relatively safe too.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,751 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just old school half Thor and okoye the whole thing. Don’t think I fired Mthor once and didn’t use a single health pack.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* gamora still works pretty well on gorr. Her yellow Counters his damage reduction,  and her red hits invisible shadow monsters.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,519 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Throg was my champ to reduce incoming damage. When the dogs go invis just send your team airborne.
    Collosus and 5* Jane made quick work of the boss.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We got the 5* on my alliance so the grinding stops for me.
    I found ok the event, a bit hard as it should be for the rewards it offers.
    I used my new brand Jthor all the way and for that reason I took several healthpacks.
    The previous run was too easy. 
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2022
    Options
    The event was okay from a difficulty perspective. Plus points for the rewards, it is still great to be getting those two 5* covers.

Negatives were the concurrent running of the boss event alongside Thick as Thieves and the confusing communication about required characters. I'm still not sure if it was intended that we would have to select multiple Thors or if it was an error but they decided not to correct it.

And did we get those extra tokens just because the vault didn't open on time or for some other reason?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The event was okay from a difficulty perspective. Plus points for the rewards, it is still great to be getting those two 5* covers.

Negatives were the concurrent running of the boss event alongside Thick as Thieves and the confusing communication about required characters. I'm still not sure if it was intended that we would have to select multiple Thors or if it was an error but they decided not to correct it.

And did we get those extra tokens just because the vault didn't open on time or for some other reason?

Tokens were for the event giving out tokens for an expired vault for the first few hours.
  • jbtilley
    jbtilley Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    On the subject of switching characters between nodes and boss fights, is there a more efficient way to do this?

It's super annoying to fight the boss and have to manually set your team, then fight a node and since one of the characters is required you can't use your presets so you have to manually assign the two open slots, then you fight the boss again and it resets your choices.

You have to manually set your teams again, and again, and again, and again.

Is there a more convenient way that I'm missing?

Why can't we save preset teams with just one or two characters? Have a preset with the 1st and 3rd character set but the 2nd slot open so you can choose that preset for a node where the middle slot is reserved for a required character.

It would save a lot of time during these boss events where you have to scroll through a long list of characters to manually add them to the team.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jbtilley said:
    On the subject of switching characters between nodes and boss fights, is there a more efficient way to do this?

It's super annoying to fight the boss and have to manually set your team, then fight a node and since one of the characters is required you can't use your presets so you have to manually assign the two open slots, then you fight the boss again and it resets your choices.

You have to manually set your teams again, and again, and again, and again.

Is there a more convenient way that I'm missing?

Why can't we save preset teams with just one or two characters? Have a preset with the 1st and 3rd character set but the 2nd slot open so you can choose that preset for a node where the middle slot is reserved for a required character.

It would save a lot of time during these boss events where you have to scroll through a long list of characters to manually add them to the team.
    It is possible to have a 2-person preset team. Add your desired choices on the left and right. Middle character will be a 1*. Save team. Delete 1* and now your preset team should show a 2-person team