Upcoming Boss Event Re-Run: Gorr (8/25/22)

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually it's a semi heroic event and there is only a free slot like WTS.
    I think it's ok considering the great rewards.
  • poonter
    poonter Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yeah, I was under the impression that we had to use one of the Jane Fosthors for the Gorr battle, but not another Thor in the 1st slot. Not undoable, but not ideal either.
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bring back the regular gauntlet for boss weekends.
    Over 3 days, you unlock the 3 stages, getting harder with every stage and when you finish all 3, you unlock a 4th stage with challenge node difficulty, giving out 500 5* shards for your favored 5* char

that would be awesome

Edit: also, no timers, you just have to finish the whole thing before event end
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Over 3 days, you unlock the 3 stages, getting harder with every stage and when you finish all 3, you unlock a 4th stage with challenge node difficulty, giving out 500 5* shards for your favored 5* char

that would be awesome

Lock out Shang and we're talking.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

that would be awesome

Or even better curate it so that both the enemy and player teams are locked in.  Sort of like the Behemoth node on the DDQ but with different set ups for each node.  That would allow the devs to show off some of the more interesting but unused synergies on both sides of the battle.  
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Team is investigating further and working on a fix and we will have some updates soon.  Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What is the consensus on the event tokens, wait or open?
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is the consensus on the event tokens, wait or open?
    My own opinion is to wait.  There is a 5* in the current vault and I believe (but could be wrong) that the "saved" tokens open from the previous vault and thus there is no chance to get the 5*.  Again, JMHO so could be wrong.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 801 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got a feeling that September's big rollout is gonna be an absolute trainwreck.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,262 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like….we shoulda brought more Thors…
  • Chrynos1989
    Options
    revskip said:
    Bowgentle said:

that would be awesome

Or even better curate it so that both the enemy and player teams are locked in.  Sort of like the Behemoth node on the DDQ but with different set ups for each node.  That would allow the devs to show off some of the more interesting but unused synergies on both sides of the battle.  
    That’s a fine idea, I like it, makes things interesting 
    You just have to do it with certain affiliations, since when you do it with a certain char and there’s no borrow option like in the yellow nodes, people could get locked out

and of course it should be progress only, not like that first support circuits back in the days with the half-baked leaderboard thingy

• Chrynos1989
    Options
    Looks like….we shoulda brought more Thors…
    Someone do a meme with the immortals from 300 but they all have Thor heads
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for being quick on the fix.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not having any problem with the event.  What's broken/getting fixed, the fixed teams or the post-event token?
  • jbtilley
    jbtilley Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The wave node with shadow enemies is destroying my best teams. They're ripping off over 10K in damage per turn.

Boss events used to be a fun way to stave off burnout. Now they're frustrating and run at the same time as PVE events, leading to increased burnout, not less.

That and the insane release schedule for new characters is making it harder and harder to keep up.

This game is a chore now.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,751 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Without seeing your roster it’s pretty meaningless feedback. What’s your best teams?
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 714 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone know what the fix is/was? Is it the 2 thor thing?
  • stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I just got 4 extra tokens for the recurring nightmare vault out of nowhere, opened them, but the covers did not appear in my queue. Anybody else had something similar strange happen?
    edit: the covers I got from the vault are still crossed out it seems, so something definitely happend