**** Gorr (The God Butcher) ****

Options

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Carnifex said:
    AlexR said
    Not to burst your bubble, but I'm almost certain that he won't remove Mindless Ones' tiles. He only removes tiles when "an enemy" makes 4 or more tiles. The Mindless Ones only make a single tile each.
    I completely overlooked that factor, dammit. Ah well, back to hating Mindless Ones then. 
    Thanks for the helpful response, btw :) 
    Mindless Ones are irrelevant as Doc BlOck now eliminates the black and yellow on his first match of that color and blocks their return longer than one round . 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well at this rate I must be one if the few saying he is as good as expected as a third wheel for apoc/okoye (better yet for okoye) as his repeaters melt away enemy teams and his black can do a lot of damage. 
    It's a mistery why they put a 5 on purple and not on yellow (1 turn repeaters), as on WTS there isn't a single team creating special tiles. 

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bad said:
    Well at this rate I must be one if the few saying he is as good as expected as a third wheel for apoc/okoye (better yet for okoye) as his repeaters melt away enemy teams and his black can do a lot of damage. 
    It's a mistery why they put a 5 on purple and not on yellow (1 turn repeaters), as on WTS there isn't a single team creating special tiles. 

Yea his black makes him a superhacked version of ic5man. 2 at start of battle, fortified and generates yellow if destroyed. He will be a must on waves. 

His purple is disappointing and not as game changing as I had hope. Hopefully they will consider hotfixing it to either trigger on less than 3 creations or when a certain amount is on the board ala Th4nos. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Playing against the AI Gore in PvP is extremely confusing with double minions 
  • bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Now that we've had time to use him in his PVP and Welcome to SHIELD, what configuration do you think is best for him?

I'm thinking 5/3/5.

Thoughts?
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2022
    Options
    4/4/5 when used against BRB or GRocket, otherwise 5/5/3 for me.
    You really want at least yellow@4. It makes the repeaters be 1-turn rather than 2-turns and ups the maximum repeaters to 5. Either you take it out of his black when facing BRB or GRocket or you forgo purple entirely when not facing either of them (in which case it won't fire anyway).
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I would like a banner to appear when he does damage with his repeater. I don’t know when he does half the time. Especially since the damage is paltry. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    I guess I won’t really know good/fun/useful he is until the last day of WTS when I can properly use him. Having his yellow at 3 is borderline idiotic. ESPECIALLY when there is 0% chance of his purple activating. And teaming him up with 5* CM helps him in no way, shape, form, or manner. 

He looks like he needs to have a team built around him. And the yellow being at 4 or 5 is mandatory. 
  • Dok12
    Dok12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Do we know who he feeds yet? 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    Onslaught 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I already have his yellow at 5 and thorpocalypse is fast. If firing his active yellow there are 70k health per turn randomly performed.
    Fortified and 1 turn, these gor's repeaters are what samurai should had been for to be playable. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    Ok. Got his yellow to 4 and he turns into a very useful character. Those repeaters going off each turn being boosted by Apoc or Okoye, and it becomes a slaughter. I actually think he should be seriously considered as 3rd with Hulkoye. 
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Carnifex said:
    AlexR said
    Not to burst your bubble, but I'm almost certain that he won't remove Mindless Ones' tiles. He only removes tiles when "an enemy" makes 4 or more tiles. The Mindless Ones only make a single tile each.
    I completely overlooked that factor, dammit. Ah well, back to hating Mindless Ones then. 
    Mindless Ones are irrelevant as Doc BlOck now eliminates the black and yellow on his first match of that color and blocks their return longer than one round . 

Or use the actually best solution character, Morbius. Ock is fine for it but Morbius solves the problem immediately.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've probably specced my Gorr all wrong already but he mostly sucks, right? He reads like a Polaris/SAP counter but his threshold is too high to be of any use, he really does need to trigger at 3 made to be useful in that capacity. His black is a worse 3*pun. Yellow is good with a booster and NOT on a Wanda boost week, so that was an odd decision in and of itself--I started getting nothing but blues on pvp defense once I switched from the loaner to my own rostered character with no yellow, Wanda fed on him way too well.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    His threshold is kind of not impactful. I thought I could trigger Thing's protect tiles to boost his match damage repeatedly. The key word is "more than 3." Change it to more than 2 or least 3 for it to be more impactful. As of now, Polaris should escape unharm if she matches only 1 SAP tile. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One thing I have noticed is that his Purple works immediately to remove the special tiles, not at the start of his turn as the text states.

It's a minor difference but an annoying one when you use Polaris Blue and she puts down 8 tiles (4 per team) and he immediately removes your strikes before you even get to make 1 match and do damage with them. Definitely have to stun him 1st before any team mates.

KGB
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    KGB said:
    One thing I have noticed is that his Purple works immediately to remove the special tiles, not at the start of his turn as the text states.

It's a minor difference but an annoying one when you use Polaris Blue and she puts down 8 tiles (4 per team) and he immediately removes your strikes before you even get to make 1 match and do damage with them. Definitely have to stun him 1st before any team mates.

KGB
    I found this very useful against 3* Doom.  His Summon Demons immediately vanished and turned into a countdown that damaged him.  Very amusing.   Also, Doom turning blue to black ALSO helped Gorr.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you have time to waste to watch Gorr hit 5* match damage, play Gorr against BRB and Kitty with their cds out, and also with Gorr's repeaters out. Throw in Wanda/Colossus to fend off those attacks. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Carnifex said:
    AlexR said

Or use the actually best solution character, Morbius. Ock is fine for it but Morbius solves the problem immediately.
    Morbius requires an active match to remove . Doc is passive once the color has a tentacle 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnifex said:
    AlexR said

Morbius requires an active match to remove . Doc is passive once the color has a tentacle 
    I don't think one is clearly superior to the other in all scenarios, it's more a question of which works better for specific types of opponents.  Morbius requires and active match, but doesn't require any setup or planning. The more tiles the ai makes, the more he removes.  Doc Oc takes a little bit of tending to make sure he keeps the right colors blocked, especially if you care about r/g/p special tiles, but once you get the shield up you can basically ignore special tiles for most of the rest of the match.