**** Gorr (The God Butcher) ****

Options

Comments

• danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    As someone firmly in the 5* tier who only plays for progression in PVP through wins not points, I appreciate polaris, as she gives me easy retaliations. I don't mind someone being able to punch up through my roster. More power to 'em, and, as mentioned, it's an easy crack back. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All hail Queen Polaris!!

Bring on the counters! It won't affect me using her in PVE play and in PVP you still can't hit that which is already shielded. Lol.

Just kidding...
    This char (especially with the tweaks being discussed with the devs over on Discord) could finally be the one to shake things up a little in the 4* (and my own 4.5*) MMR.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All hail Queen Polaris!!

Bring on the counters! It won't affect me using her in PVE play and in PVP you still can't hit that which is already shielded. Lol.

Just kidding...
    This char (especially with the tweaks being discussed with the devs over on Discord) could finally be the one to shake things up a little in the 4* (and my own 4.5*) MMR.
    Its amazing to realize that Polaris and Scarlet Witch are both related through Magneto.  Lorewise, its Pretty awesome that Polaris is top shelf meta in 4* land and Wanda is top shelf meta in 5* land.

Its a real shame that Poppa 5* Magneto can't hold a candle to either of his daughters.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Announcing the newest 4-Star to Marvel Puzzle Quest, Gorr The God Butcher! Couple of changes  from his pre-release information:

Yellow
    - Tiles created now convert Black tiles into Repeaters instead of creating *new* Black tiles which would cause accidental cascades and immediately destroy Shadow Minions.

Purple
    - The ability now converts tiles from Strike, Attack Protect to basic tiles instead of destroying them.
    - The ability now deals a static amount of damage and absorbs a static amount of distributed match damage instead of being based on the tile absorbed. This number is based on Gorr's strongest tile strengths, which averages out at base level but doesn't get out of hand later in the round when his match damage has already increased.
    - The ability now only converts *enemy* tiles, but will leave created friendly tiles alone. Gorr is perfectly pleased to use weapons handed to him directly. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The image is not working. And are those numbers for level 70 or level 270? For his purple, 72 damage per converted tile seem low. 
  • IceIX
    Options
    The image is not working. And are those numbers for level 70 or level 270? For his purple, 72 damage per converted tile seem low. 
    Reuploaded the image. Was working for me, but that may have been caching.

72 is for *all* tiles. So whether it's a Green or a Purple converted, it's worth 72. Gorr does not discriminate in the strength of the weapons of the gods. He will use them all against the petty deities.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's working now. Thanks.

All these cosplaying are fun. Keep up the good work. I can imagine Gorr's minions saying this.  :D
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Nice artwork.  Did both of his actvie powers cost 9ap in the preview?

Seems like he is at least as much of a hard counter to grocket as to polaris, but the damage numbers seems comically small on paper.
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Awesome! New character! But where do I sign the petition to upgrade villains to 5 stars?
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Gorr boss event gives out FosThor covers?

LETS GOOOOO!!
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5 star Korg must be next
  • Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Will Gor be a feeder?

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wish this guy was around during Honor Among Thieves. That was a complete snooze fest.
  • McRich
    McRich Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Affiliations: Villains, Godlike, Cosmic, Non-Humans  <<--Gorr                                                          
    Affiliations: Heroes, Avengers, Godlike, Enhanced  <<--Mighty Thor

Godlike, Non-Humans, Enhanced and Cosmic are new affiliations
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will Gor be a feeder?

Apparently he feeds Onslaught
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

Seems like he is at least as much of a hard counter to grocket as to polaris, but the damage numbers seems comically small on paper.
    Yeah a flat 72 damage per tile even champed at 5 covers for his Purple is just going to make Polaris laugh (never mind a 5* like BRB).

Even his Black doesn't hit much (432 champed at 5 covers) even with 5 minions on the board for it's cost.

He's as neutered as Black Knight.

No way this guy ends the Polaris meta because existing characters like Sabretooth do it while hitting vastly harder. Not to mention anyone currently playing now is going to be drawing like crazy for Thoress who will be 100x more useful in removing Polaris's tiles.

KGB
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FosThor doesn’t remove anything. She destroys. Big deference. So “100x more useful”? Yeah, not exactly. 

Gj comparing a 4* to a 5*. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    His Punisher like power in black is 25%. Still it could help on scl10 where 25% could be 50k health. If not, deals damage per 20% of the health which could be 30k on scl10. A bit sad that it's random, but what a help he can bring!

His yellow damage, repeaters which could be enhanced by apoc/okoye, and protect him 10% at max level, 30% right at the start of the match, hard to kill.
    And the purple can be sinergied with venom 4* as the strenght of the special tiles don't matter for to gain that extra damage match.
    I think it's a pretty solid character, not really fast but defensive and reliable.
  • IceIX
    Options
    KGB said:
    Vhailorx said:

Yeah a flat 72 damage per tile even champed at 5 covers for his Purple is just going to make Polaris laugh (never mind a 5* like BRB).

Even his Black doesn't hit much (432 champed at 5 covers) even with 5 minions on the board for it's cost.

He's as neutered as Black Knight.

No way this guy ends the Polaris meta because existing characters like Sabretooth do it while hitting vastly harder. Not to mention anyone currently playing now is going to be drawing like crazy for Thoress who will be 100x more useful in removing Polaris's tiles.

KGB
    72 per tile, plus the match damage increase he gains from each tile he converts. Remember, he doesn't take Strike tile damage as long as he has Minions, and his Minions are giving him 8-10% damage reduction per Repeater tile.

Black hits for 432 per minion, then tries to cull, then does damage if it fails to do so. So it's doing up to 2160 in 5 random hits, then culling at 20-25% health, or doing 10-20% damage afterwards. Which for a 4-star means another 1400-2800-ish, more for a 5-Star or high level SCL enemy.

Talking about drawing for 5-Star Thor is talking about a different meta. If you're in a position that you're max covering a 5-Star, especially a new one, any 4-Star is going to be dying in a few matches anyway just due to match damage differential. Neither Gorr nor Sabretooth can do much against 3K in a single match, much less Shang Chi comboing them, so it's not really a fair comparison.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Bad said:
    His Punisher like power in black is 25%. Still it could help on scl10 where 25% could be 50k health. If not, deals damage per 20% of the health which could be 30k on scl10. A bit sad that it's random, but what a help he can bring!

The Shadow Minion damage is random. The culling strike/after damage part of it is on the target.