The long wait begins as Kamala arrives

Options
13»

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man does anyone remember 2ap Rags?  I’d love to see if his board shake would be viable with 2 chunky 5* tanking his color!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    5*MK could really use a balance-pass sometime. Even with a cascade-causing or AP-generating accelerator teammate, his 10AP move cost across the board seems too high for such middling effects. Perhaps tweak him akin to Archangel, lowering the cost of his moves between 1-3 AP each, and bumping up the damage numbers on each? Even when buffed, he feels as clunky and slow as a lot of the earliest 5*s they're currently balancing now and then.
    Totally agree.  I was very underwhelmed when 5MK has been boosted.  It takes too long to collect that much AP for middling numbers when fired.  Definitely needs a rehaul.
    I stated this the day he was released. No one in the player base will ever want or use a character with double digit power costs . Like Pavlov’s dog, we’ve become completely dependent on expecting 3-8 AP characters. So much so that we are all complaining for all the classic characters released the first 6 years be rebalanced even though no one complained up until a few years ago.
    A simple search produced this post from 2013 which is way later than a few years ago.  Poster calling out im40 as lackluster for having high AP costs. 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/843#Comment_843

I've played longer than a few years ago and nobody ever liked high AP cost characters.

We've always been dependent on 3-8 AP cost characters. Even passive abilities are fairly old now. Can't think of a 9+ AP per move character that was ever meta.
    Thor green- 12
    Thor red- 9
    Thor yellow- 9
    Thor other yellow- 12

That’s all I’ve got for a meta with 9+ AP moves across the board. But of course he fuels himself (and others) better than anyone in the game passively. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Shuma is not pleased to not see its name in that list. Its blue deals 64,125 damage for 15 aps. It will one shot most characters of similar level by then.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Man does anyone remember 2ap Rags?  I’d love to see if his board shake would be viable with 2 chunky 5* tanking his color!
    Can you imagine how long the matches would take?

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    5*MK could really use a balance-pass sometime. Even with a cascade-causing or AP-generating accelerator teammate, his 10AP move cost across the board seems too high for such middling effects. Perhaps tweak him akin to Archangel, lowering the cost of his moves between 1-3 AP each, and bumping up the damage numbers on each? Even when buffed, he feels as clunky and slow as a lot of the earliest 5*s they're currently balancing now and then.
    Totally agree.  I was very underwhelmed when 5MK has been boosted.  It takes too long to collect that much AP for middling numbers when fired.  Definitely needs a rehaul.
    I stated this the day he was released. No one in the player base will ever want or use a character with double digit power costs . Like Pavlov’s dog, we’ve become completely dependent on expecting 3-8 AP characters. So much so that we are all complaining for all the classic characters released the first 6 years be rebalanced even though no one complained up until a few years ago.
    A simple search produced this post from 2013 which is way later than a few years ago.  Poster calling out im40 as lackluster for having high AP costs. 

I've played longer than a few years ago and nobody ever liked high AP cost characters.

We've always been dependent on 3-8 AP cost characters. Even passive abilities are fairly old now. Can't think of a 9+ AP per move character that was ever meta.
    Thor green- 12
    Thor red- 9
    Thor yellow- 9
    Thor other yellow- 12

That’s all I’ve got for a meta with 9+ AP moves across the board. But of course he fuels himself (and others) better than anyone in the game passively. 
    Halfthor's presence in the meta has nothing to do with his active costs.  If his actives all cost 12 or even 16ap, he would still be meta just for his green passive.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

Thor green- 12
    Thor red- 9
    Thor yellow- 9
    Thor other yellow- 12

Halfthor's presence in the meta has nothing to do with his active costs.  If his actives all cost 12 or even 16ap, he would still be meta just for his green passive.

1/2 Thor was only viable because okoye.  Even then 1/2 Thor okoye could only punch up 30 levels.  So you had to be careful of which whales you were going to battle.

so a 450 thorokye was gonna struggle against a 480 thorokye.   And you would just autoskip a big 500 combo.  

Let me phase it this way.
    Which combo is more meta.

1.  1/2 Thor plus any other 5* from the era or
    2.  Okoye plus any other 5* from the era.