The long wait begins as Kamala arrives

Options

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I blew my stash of 300+ LT on Elektra/Crystal/Abagail.  They're a pretty good team, but I have a hunch that Thora/KK/Garg are all going to be quite popular.  I'm back up to about 80 LT now with a good number of CP, so I may do some pulling to see how they go.
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was impatient and pulled right away because I wanted KK of 110 pulls got MK at 4/3/3, Garg 1/0/1 and KK at 4/4/2. So I wish Garg and MK had swapped drops, I’m right back to hoarding until Mighty Thor enters. 

• Pottsie1980
    Pottsie1980 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I’m very interested in the next 5*. Once Thor arrives, it is a good group, but if the next one is really good, it will be the best set of 3 we have seen in a long time. Probably hold off pulling until details are out for next 5*
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5*MK could really use a balance-pass sometime. Even with a cascade-causing or AP-generating accelerator teammate, his 10AP move cost across the board seems too high for such middling effects. Perhaps tweak him akin to Archangel, lowering the cost of his moves between 1-3 AP each, and bumping up the damage numbers on each? Even when buffed, he feels as clunky and slow as a lot of the earliest 5*s they're currently balancing now and then.
    Totally agree.  I was very underwhelmed when 5MK has been boosted.  It takes too long to collect that much AP for middling numbers when fired.  Definitely needs a rehaul.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am waiting for Jane to enter LL to open my hoard.  With CP I can make 581 pulls now.  I would rather skip moonknight and just get a massive beefy Jane who will be a great stand alone and the other 2 are good too
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:
    I am waiting for Jane to enter LL to open my hoard.  With CP I can make 581 pulls now.  I would rather skip moonknight and just get a massive beefy Jane who will be a great stand alone and the other 2 are good too
    I am with you. Jane foster is elite and next season can’t come soon enough.  She needs and epic tier store with Jane, Colossus BRB
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Phumade said:
    wymtime said:
    I am with you. Jane foster is elite and next season can’t come soon enough.  She needs and epic tier store with Jane, Colossus BRB
    And I normally like to get all 5* champed too, but I just don’t think MK is worth it.  If he gets buffed I will just favorite him and his feeder and champ him later 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5*MK could really use a balance-pass sometime. Even with a cascade-causing or AP-generating accelerator teammate, his 10AP move cost across the board seems too high for such middling effects. Perhaps tweak him akin to Archangel, lowering the cost of his moves between 1-3 AP each, and bumping up the damage numbers on each? Even when buffed, he feels as clunky and slow as a lot of the earliest 5*s they're currently balancing now and then.
    Totally agree.  I was very underwhelmed when 5MK has been boosted.  It takes too long to collect that much AP for middling numbers when fired.  Definitely needs a rehaul.
    I stated this the day he was released. No one in the player base will ever want or use a character with double digit power costs . Like Pavlov’s dog, we’ve become completely dependent on expecting 3-8 AP characters. So much so that we are all complaining for all the classic characters released the first 6 years be rebalanced even though no one complained up until a few years ago.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Knight's numbers are higher than average, damage/ap. All these passive metas have spoilt and corrupted the minds of players a lot these few years. Now, even 7 or 8 aps can be considered expensive for some. The best advice for those players is to ignore those expensive characters. Let players like me find the gold in these expensive characters.
  • LavaManLee
    Options
    Moon Knight's numbers are higher than average, damage/ap. All these passive metas have spoilt and corrupted the minds of players a lot these few years. Now, even 7 or 8 aps can be considered expensive for some. The best advice for those players is to ignore those expensive characters. Let players like me find the gold in these expensive characters.
    (a) The passive metas haven't "spoilt and corrupted" my mind.  The game has set it up so that the best rewards go to fast teams.  Moon Knight is not fast.  If they were to change the reward structure, that would help.  But, as it is, he's not worth a slot when others can do what he does much faster.  My mind totally acknowledges that his kit is unique and could be cool but he is totally useless in today's game.

(b) Even so, I do champ them all and glad I do as the boosted chars at least allows some variety.  I am not trying to get 550s (thought I wouldn't turn any down if someone gave them to me) but instead want to champ each 5 before they exit LL.

(c) Nobody is telling you not to play MK and find some gold.  Just that it is not optimal for me to use him in either PVE or PVP.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    MPQ is all about speed if you see it as all about speed. The new dev team will still continue to roll out slow characters in the future, based on their replies on designing chaarcters. I think you mentioned about being in T50-T100 pve placement, so, surely, Moon Knight has a place for such ranking? If not, I remembered the wrong person. If you're talking about T10, he's definitely not the guy.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MPQ is all about speed if you see it as all about speed. The new dev team will still continue to roll out slow characters in the future, based on their replies on designing chaarcters. I think you mentioned about being in T50-T100 pve placement, so, surely, Moon Knight has a place for such ranking? If not, I remembered the wrong person. If you're talking about T10, he's definitely not the guy.
    It’s a myth it’s all about speed and using speed characters does nothing unless you have a roster to be top 2% of players. I don’t play for speed and finish 20-40th every SCL 10 event . I watch every player and how they progress and it’s basically the same 50 of 1000 players that are ahead of me. I watch my ranking drop the final 5 minutes of a node from 20 to 40 places meaning only that many players are playing a speed grind. The rest of us 95% play at our leisure and still get the same rewards practically whether you finish 21st or 100th. I’ve played 3.5 years and don’t spend so pragmatically it’s useless to chase the top 2% score when others spend thousands and have played 9 years .
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will Kamala still be in the LLs when Mighty Thor enters?
  • LavaManLee
    Options
    Will Kamala still be in the LLs when Mighty Thor enters?
    She sure will!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I stated this the day he was released. No one in the player base will ever want or use a character with double digit power costs . Like Pavlov’s dog, we’ve become completely dependent on expecting 3-8 AP characters. So much so that we are all complaining for all the classic characters released the first 6 years be rebalanced even though no one complained up until a few years ago.
    And we're all very grateful that you were there first to teach us about the new character. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I still think people are sleeping on Moon Knight. He is a powerhouse on offense that doesn't need health packs. People that put up boosted 5*s in PvE are easy pickings. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still think people are sleeping on Moon Knight. He is a powerhouse on offense that doesn't need health packs. People that put up boosted 5*s in PvE are easy pickings. 
    Yeah? How are you doing against the Ronan / Colossus teams this week with Moon Knight, then?
    Because that is all a lot of us see from 600 on.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't know why you think that is some sort of "gotcha". I said what I said. Moon Knight is strong into boosted 5s. I also play PvP past 600.

"Oh but what about when one of the already strongest 5s gets boosted."

Like yeah congrats Sherlock that will **** on every team. He dies to Shang Chi cascades too in case you wanna call that out too.

I rely on Moon Knight frequently as a way to climb against boosted 5s and conserve health packs compared to other teams. The number of times I take MK into a match and walk out with him at full health is insane. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A simple search produced this post from 2013 which is way later than a few years ago.  Poster calling out im40 as lackluster for having high AP costs. 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/843#Comment_843

I've played longer than a few years ago and nobody ever liked high AP cost characters.

We've always been dependent on 3-8 AP cost characters. Even passive abilities are fairly old now. Can't think of a 9+ AP per move character that was ever meta.