Is crystal worth moonknight?

Options
2»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dianetics said:
    I am inclined to believe she is Apoc’s best partner.
    As for supports for her, when she is paired with Apoc throw on Cap’s Vintage Shield or SP//DR (whichever is higher) for the bonus yellow at the start of the round.
    If you pair her with another hero throw on a support that helps her partner. Or a support that creates special tiles like Chewie.

She might well be his best 5* partner in terms of their abilities working well together; my only hesitation is that they both need a battery, so they are bit vulnerable in pick2.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,524 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Generally in pick 2 I get a good amount of defenses with them. Her healing really helps push the early damage off until you can fire Apoc’s yellow.
    Of the pairs I use in pick 2 5witch/Col5, BRB/Polaris, SC/Valk or Sersi the pairing of Apoc and Crystal gives me the most successful defense.
  • Notepaddy
    Notepaddy Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    PHX/Valk is another good one. Generates red or green depending on levels. Strikes from all three, option to buff on green matches and switch over to red dmg when you have enough purple saved, plus red cascade dmg/buffing. PHX pvp coming up!
  • StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I enjoy Crystal when she’s the 5E and think she’s worth grabbing. As a champ em all player Moon Knight is only the 2nd 5 I’ve considered skipping…ever. I’m not sure if those statements help you but if resources are limited I may pass.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    I enjoy Crystal when she’s the 5E and think she’s worth grabbing. As a champ em all player Moon Knight is only the 2nd 5 I’ve considered skipping…ever. I’m not sure if those statements help you but if resources are limited I may pass.

yeah, moonknight is definitely meh, but at least he has 2 redeeming features. 

(1) even though his ap costs are too high to be competitive, his damage numbers are at least decent. This means he hits like a truck when boosted and can be significantly helped out by a good battery. 

(2) He's immune to stun.  This is just an awesome power that lets him ignore a big part of the defensive meta.

To me those two things make him more of a mid-tier meh than trash tier blegh.
  • Vhailorx
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Huh, I was expecting Crystal to rotate out before the numbers on new 5* thor were revealed.  But they are out now and I think new Thor will be really strong.

In retrospect, I don't regret pulling for crystal as she does seem quite useful and viable. the net result will delay me getting Thor champed as I now have to wait until garg leaves the pool before pulling again. That's somewhat irritating it turns out Thor looks like she will be plenty of fun during her new-boost period, but in the long term that's not too much of a consideration. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When does Crystal rotate out ?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Sorry I'm that guy hehe. My head is spinning with the different changes, ty 😊