Character Pack Rotation Change (6/27/22)

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
We're going to be making a change to character rotations going forward to make things a little more streamlined. Instead of having 5-Stars and 4-Stars (and soon 3-Stars again!) rotate into packs at different times, we're planning on having ALL pack rotations take place at the start of each new Season. So Kamala will be entering Latest Legends packs at the same time that Hulkling will be entering other packs on 6/30, start of Soul Season. 

Hope this makes everything a little bit clearer for everyone on dates, and takes some of the guesswork out of when you'll be able to pull new characters going forward!

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sweet. That’s helpful. 

I’m curious are characters getting more, less, or the same amount of time in packs?

Will supports also rotate when new characters do?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Sweet. That’s helpful. 

I’m curious are characters getting more, less, or the same amount of time in packs?

Will supports also rotate when new characters do?
    Same amount of time barring this rotation futzing with timings by a couple of days for Kamala and Crystal.

And yes, Supports will be on that same rotation schedule.
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 162 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We'll probably still see a new thread every couple weeks asking when LLs will rotate :)
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is Aniversary considered as "new season" or will we have to wait two more weeks for the rotation?

And I also remember short seasons around anniversary or christmas. What will happen then?

Will we always have to wait till a 4-star and 5-star (and soon 3-star) will be ready to enter packs all at the same time?
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Interesting. Has any thought been given to the current “rhythm” of having 3 Latest 5s featured followed by (generally) 2 Classic 5s for the PvE events? Is that still the expectation going forward or will it be tweaked also?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Ares76 said:
    Is Aniversary considered as "new season" or will we have to wait two more weeks for the rotation?

And I also remember short seasons around anniversary or christmas. What will happen then?

Will we always have to wait till a 4-star and 5-star (and soon 3-star) will be ready to enter packs all at the same time?
    The easiest answer to all these questions is to think of it as "Whenever a 4-Star would rotate, EVERYTHING now rotates".
  • whoami
    whoami Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks—this is a helpful change!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just to clarify things, will the rotation happen as soon as the new season starts or will it happen on the day of the new season with the data push?
  • demo8
    demo8 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks, I like mhaving it as straightforward as possible. Will that mean we won't have any instances like the Black Knight most recently, where a 4-star is not the featured reward for a season/simulator?
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Every new thing and development about the game is welcome. Looking forward to this changes. And 2 more days to hoard cp/tokens before KK enters LL.
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Just to clarify things, will the rotation happen as soon as the new season starts or will it happen on the day of the new season with the data push?
    When the season starts most likely.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    well that throws out my spreadsheets :smile:

Ultimately it doesn't really matter as long as they have the same time in LL.

The thing i would LOVE to see, is a shake up with Classic Legend tokens.

I would love to see either thematic classic legends packs, with maybe 10 5stars in them? rotate a thematic store each season (and maybe have the OG legends pack still avail all the time)
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Omegased said:
    well that throws out my spreadsheets :smile:

Ultimately it doesn't really matter as long as they have the same time in LL.

The thing i would LOVE to see, is a shake up with Classic Legend tokens.

I would love to see either thematic classic legends packs, with maybe 10 5stars in them? rotate a thematic store each season (and maybe have the OG legends pack still avail all the time)
    I kind of like where you are going with this @Omegased. They could have themed stores for their Heroic events.  A "Dark Avengers" store would have gone well with the last alliance event. If they continue Heroics, this would be a good opportunity for people to flesh out their rosters, and potentially for the devs to generate some revenue.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I didn't know how the old system works so...this doesn't really affect my understanding of the game lol.  The important question is, is there still(I think?) a small period where there are 3 5* in the LL shop, but we know what the next one is? 

I'm looking to pull on shuma/kamala/(jane?) but I'd reaaally like to see what the next one is before I super pull.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,524 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've never paid attention to 4* rotations... so this doesn't help me at all.
    I do like that everything will be in sync with seasons though. It will make it much clearer to understand when I can just click the PvP section and time pulling after a season close.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's definitely nice to have a distinct word on this, as opposed to people just having to assume/theorycraft.
    As always, thanks for the communication. Most of us really do appreciate the effort.
  • Alvbad
    Alvbad Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Nice, let's go 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since I don't hoard, this change doesn't affect me. Since this change doesn't affect me, I hate it, it's the worst thing ever, I am no longer going to buy a Stark every day, and I am going to leave a passive aggressive yet ambiguously derisive review in the applicable OS store,

/sarcasm

I am a big fan of simplification and syncing systems. This change honestly doesn't impact me, but I approve it wholeheartedly. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,859 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    Since I don't hoard, this change doesn't affect me. Since this change doesn't affect me, I hate it, it's the worst thing ever, I am no longer going to buy a Stark every day, and I am going to leave a passive aggressive yet ambiguously derisive review in the applicable OS store,

/sarcasm

I am a big fan of simplification and syncing systems. This change honestly doesn't impact me, but I approve it wholeheartedly. 
    I give this rant a 9. If you'd included the phrase "slap in the face", you would've gotten the full 10.

Broken Circle taking over from Demiurge be all: