Gargantos Boss Event Change (Live) (6/23/22)

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for always being there when there's a need to put out fires, Joe :smile:
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm enjoying the event. Thanks for the communication and the patch, I knew you were going to fix it somehow.
    And to say "constructive feedback " it's a bit optimistic here lol.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    At least it's patch now vs "oh it's already live, we'll patch/fix it later"
  • Dok12
    Dok12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I might have just missed it somewhere, but how do we get this daily vault token? 
  • Bowgentle
    edited June 2022
    Dok12 said:
    I might have just missed it somewhere, but how do we get this daily vault token? 
    They'll get sent out, starting "soon".
  • Stan_The_Man
    Stan_The_Man Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    The fast reaction is nice. It fixes absolutely nothing though. Each match still takes absolutely forever with the **** characters we're being forced to use. Don't you understand you are forcing everyone to use the absolute bottom of the barrel here? Characters nobody ever uses unless they are required for a node? And even then I've probably never even fired one of their powers because they are so absolutely horrible.

Only three available 5*s (all of them useless)? Only three available 4*s (two of which can't even be used together)?? What were you thinking??!!

So giving them a tiny little boost fixes absolutely nothing, zero, zilch!

Every match takes like 10 minutes! I am not going to subject myself to this horror for that amount of time! This game is supposed to be fun to play, not a source of unlimited frustration!

If you actually want to fix this horrific event, open it up to more characters! Or give the **** you've made available to us at least a 400 level boost so we can kill Gargantos on match damage alone without it taking an eternity, because these characters' powers are absolutely useless!

I used to like playing PvP, but that was completely ruined by boosted 5*s. PvE has always sucked because of the fixed playing times if you want to play for decent placement (all of which suck for those of us who live in Europe). And now you have ruined the last enjoyable part of the game, which are the boss events. If the next one is like this I'm quiting this game. After nearly four years of playing I've just succeeded to finally champ all 4*s except for Hulkling, but with this you've managed to remove the last little sliver of joy I could still find in this game.
  • Bowgentle
    Easy, Stan.
    Agent Venom can one-shot everyone with his black.
  • Stan_The_Man
    Not if it keeps getting destroyed. Never got to fire that black because it never reaches the required amount. Nothing ever does. Scorpion's purple and green are also permanently out of reach.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    The fast reaction is nice. It fixes absolutely nothing though. Each match still takes absolutely forever with the **** characters we're being forced to use. Don't you understand you are forcing everyone to use the absolute bottom of the barrel here? Characters nobody ever uses unless they are required for a node? And even then I've probably never even fired one of their powers because they are so absolutely horrible.

Only three available 5*s (all of them useless)? Only three available 4*s (two of which can't even be used together)?? What were you thinking??!!

So giving them a tiny little boost fixes absolutely nothing, zero, zilch!

Every match takes like 10 minutes! I am not going to subject myself to this horror for that amount of time! This game is supposed to be fun to play, not a source of unlimited frustration!

If you actually want to fix this horrific event, open it up to more characters! Or give the **** you've made available to us at least a 400 level boost so we can kill Gargantos on match damage alone without it taking an eternity, because these characters' powers are absolutely useless!

I used to like playing PvP, but that was completely ruined by boosted 5*s. PvE has always sucked because of the fixed playing times if you want to play for decent placement (all of which suck for those of us who live in Europe). And now you have ruined the last enjoyable part of the game, which are the boss events. If the next one is like this I'm quiting this game. After nearly four years of playing I've just succeeded to finally champ all 4*s except for Hulkling, but with this you've managed to remove the last little sliver of joy I could still find in this game.

Bro chill.

With the right supports you can one shot him in the 1st or second turn.

This is one 3 day event that's probably a learning experience.

• Stan_The_Man
    My supports suck, RnG has always screwed me on that part of the game, so not much help there.
    And like I said, I never even get to fire a power, so one-shotting him is impossible.
  • ct451
    ct451 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Why force players to use 5 heroes they don't like?  Do they want grumpy players? Clearly no thought was put into this disaster.

They should stop listening to all the yes-people in here. Instead you reward them. 
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Thank you for listening and implementing this change. I, like many others love this game and have played it daily for many many years. I like a challenge and simulator in particular is a tough but fair undertaking, but it's always possible to think and counter the teams you are presented with.
    I shall do my best to reign myself in and cut back on the scorched earth rhetoric 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just did my new flip in 7 minutes for all clears R5.

Yelena with chimi support and scorpion the mvp with Corvus and agent venom with quantum.

Even without those supports and four star teams people always find a way. It’s all scorpion for me. Collect purple, fire and boss dies.
  • Omegased
    My supports suck, RnG has always screwed me on that part of the game, so not much help there.
    And like I said, I never even get to fire a power, so one-shotting him is impossible.
    How do you supports suck? A lot can give you ap even at 3star. Have you been playing long?

Agent venom's black cost 5ap. If you use a boost, that's potentially one match.

I agree this is harder than some events, but maybe try the puzzle aspect a little before you right it off.
  • Stan_The_Man
    edited June 2022
    Omegased said:
    How do you supports suck? A lot can give you ap even at 3star. Have you been playing long?

I agree this is harder than some events, but maybe try the puzzle aspect a little before you right it off.

Four years. I have zero 5* supports, a handful of 4*s (none of them useful here) a few 3*s and a bunch of 1*s and 2*s. Like I said, RnG always screwed me on supports. And most of the ones that have been in the Puzzle Gauntlet were useless too. Those only ever gave me two 3*s every edition as well by the way. Supposedly there is a chance of a 4* or 5*, but I still haven't seen any proof of that myself.
    And I brought max boosts. 4 black AP at the start of the match. It gets destroyed next turn though, so I still never get to use it.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    The change is nice, now he isn't as punishing and wiping teams out after just a few unlucky turns.
    It's still not fun. Basically just letting my dak5n and green goblin act as meat shields to hopefully get the AP to fire off Agents Venoms powers.
  • Omegased
    Omegased said:

Four years. I have zero 5* supports, a handful of 4*s (none of them useful here) a few 3*s and a bunch of 1*s and 2*s. Like I said, RnG always screwed me on supports. And most of the ones that have been in the Puzzle Gauntlet were useless too. Those only ever gave me two 3*s every edition as well by the way. Supposedly there is a chance of a 4* or 5*, but I still haven't seen any proof of that myself.
    And I brought max boosts. 4 black AP at the start of the match. It gets destroyed next turn though, so I still never get to use it.
     You don't need 5 star supports. Maybe look at yours?

Corvus Glaive (rank4) - 61% chance to start with 2 purple AP, 17% chance to damage at the start of turn (which will trigger Venoms yellow)
    Quantum Realm (rank3) - 37% chance to start with 5 purple AP 
    Atlantis (rank3. was last months puzzle quest) - 53% Chance to start with 5 green AP
    Yaro Root (rank3) - 53% chance to start with 5 Green AP
    Chewie - Chip damage as always
    Chimichanga / Shuri's Lab - will generate red, but can only equip to Heros (Yelena/Venom/Sam Daken) No good to me, as Daken is the only real red user, but could be a game changer for someone with him champed.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't actually even attached any Supports to my guys yet, I forgot you can use them in Boss Events...oops...ha ha!
  • Stan_The_Man
    edited June 2022
    Omegased said:
    Omegased said:

You don't need 5 star supports. Maybe look at yours?

Corvus Glaive (rank4) - 61% chance to start with 2 purple AP, 17% chance to damage at the start of turn (which will trigger Venoms yellow)
    Quantum Realm (rank3) - 37% chance to start with 5 purple AP 
    Atlantis (rank3. was last months puzzle quest) - 53% Chance to start with 5 green AP
    Yaro Root (rank3) - 53% chance to start with 5 Green AP
    Chewie - Chip damage as always
    Chimichanga / Shuri's Lab - will generate red, but can only equip to Heros (Yelena/Venom/Sam Daken) No good to me, as Daken is the only real red user, but could be a game changer for someone with him champed.

I have:
    Corvus Glaive - 2*
    Quantum Realm - 3*
    Atlantis - 2* (was definitely not last month's puzzle gauntlet, also why would you want green? You don't want to have any SAP tiles against Gargantos and Scorpion's green hardly does damage)
    Yaro - 1*
    Chewie - 3*, but only makes you die faster by creating a special tile for Gargantos to abuse
    Chimichanga/Shuri's lab - 3*, but useless because my OMD and Yelena are at lvl 255
    So yeah, I actually possess one slightly useful support (QR). Not going to do me much good if the AP it gives me 47% of the time always gets destroyed long before it can be used though.