Gargantos Boss Event Change (Live) (6/23/22)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
edited June 2022 in MPQ General Discussion
Heya all!

We've been paying attention to the copious feedback from our first Heroic Event in quite a while. Some of you have been enjoying the event as it is, others are finding it a bit too tough of a challenge with current balance. To that end, we've made some changes to this event to encourage more people to give it a shot and overcome the Ineffable Horror of Gargantos.

Loaner Character Changes:
Wolverine (Samurai Daken):
- Level 263 -> 270
- Abilities updated from 1/1/1 -> 3/3/3

Venom (Eddie Brock)
- Level 140 -> 200

Bullseye (Classic)
- Level 100 -> 188

Enemy Changes
Gargantos (Menace of the Multiverse)
(Blue) Unspeakable Horror - Base Damage Lowered from 3000 per AP to 900 per AP

This is in addition to the Peer Into Madness Vault Tokens we will be giving out daily for this event. The patch is Live for everyone to enjoy!

Thanks to everyone for your continued enthusiasm for the game! We received a ton of great constructive feedback from you all, and that helps everyone have more fun with every event we put out. We appreciate the active, vociferous community!

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    prompt, and effective changes i think!
  • roderic1
    roderic1 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Thank you for the fast response and the communication. 
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for the rapid adjustment.

Events that massively restrict your roster are still terrible, however. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    PorkBelly said:

Totally agree.  I think that it would have been nice to at least given notice several weeks in advance if it were this severely restricted so younger rosters could at least decide to work on the team or not.  This whole "surprise, the whole event is restricted" was not done well at all.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for listening!
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for the quick response/action.  Interested to see how the battles go after the changes.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    PorkBelly said:

Totally agree.  I think that it would have been nice to at least given notice several weeks in advance if it were this severely restricted so younger rosters could at least decide to work on the team or not.  This whole "surprise, the whole event is restricted" was not done well at all.
    How much work could you have done on these characters in a few weeks though really?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it possible to reduce Gargantos passive ap reduction from 3 to 2 instead? At least it gives much more breathing space compared to reducing his blue passive damage.
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    This is awesome! Thanks guys for listening!
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    PorkBelly said:

I agree in part. any event that forces using DIFFERENT characters is welcomed for me.

With that in mind - the restrictions they've chosen for this particular event were (in my opinion) too strict.

If it was X-men Vs, Mutants Vs, Villians Vs, etc. it would have been more welcomed I Believe.

I hope they continue with something more unique like this - but learn from the challenges there were here.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for listening to feedback and responding so quickly!!! The communication and promptness are very much appreciated!!!
  • WeaponX092
    WeaponX092 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the quick adjustments.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Is it a bug that I can only use boosted characters?  I am getting my booty kicked here and am confused.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    heybub said:
    Is it a bug that I can only use boosted characters?  I am getting my booty kicked here and am confused.
    Also the loaners are not corrxt level.  Brock is only 140.  I am on Android.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    heybub said:
    heybub said:
    Also the loaners are not corrxt level.  Brock is only 140.  I am on Android.

The updates in the above post have not gone live into the game as of this message.  This is a heroic event, you are limited to specific characters only, and they had a visual issue which would normally block you from seeing the characters you cannot use.
  • CheeksMagunda
    CheeksMagunda Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Just my two cents here, but i think combining a Heroic with an Alliance event made for a terrible combination in the first place. DA characters aren't super useful or sought out on their own anyway, and Garg's anti-special tile nature really hits them hard, too; but beyond that, this feels significantly less "optional" than other events. Even if I grind hard to get full progression, my ability to do so is heavily impacted by my alliance's overall success. If the majority can't rack up points after the first couple levels, there's virtually no way to reach the 900k mark individually even if I complete all nodes in all refreshes.

I'm glad Heroics are making a comeback, but overall I don't think this was a good first endeavor. Kudos for the attempt and the quick reaction to player feedback, though! 
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I am not sure where this comment should go, so just putting it here.

I appreciate the changes and trying new things, that is wonderful. While this event has kind of hit as a dud it does not mean others will. So I will throw in my 2 cents..

What if, an event like this exists same set up…but lower point thresholds and gives covers for “classic” 5 stars…so you know going in it requires the “wide roster”. Then you can also have boss events which give newer covers…not sure what the time would be for those characters picked…but just an idea. 

This could actually increase the want for classic covers while maintaining the want for current LLs and promote participation. 

This could from a business side drive more revenue as now the old guard would not be considered useless…and people might be incentivized to cover them…as sometimes there will be events that use them…but this cannot be done with out a concurrent event focusing on the new character…anywho just a thought…I will except the detractors, just throwing out an idea…

Love seeing the community turnout. And thanks again for trying new things! 
  • IceIX
    As a note, this patch is now Live!
  • Arks
    Arks Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    I don't mind challenging events/using characters I don't normally use...but when I'm being rewarded a 1 star Yelena Belova it seems like a slap in the face.

How does 1 star rewards incentivize people to spend on vaults?
  • IceIX
    Arks said:
    I don't mind challenging events/using characters I don't normally use...but when I'm being rewarded a 1 star Yelena Belova it seems like a slap in the face.

How does 1 star rewards incentivize people to spend on vaults?
    This is an artifact of how Vaults are built (from the characters that are boosted in the Event). As a result of this issue, we are giving away free Tokens to the Vault daily to counteract this, and we'll look into a way of preventing this in the future.