The June MPQ Forums Not a Contest...Giveaway (6/21/22)

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, lurkers of the underworld!
    I hereby summon you.
    Don't be shy and leave your caves for awhile!
    Or next month you won't get the juicy reward again. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    @LakeStone any update on progress distributing out the stones? 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    Oh, lurkers of the underworld!
    I hereby summon you.
    Don't be shy and leave your caves for awhile!
    Or next month you won't get the juicy reward again. 
    Next time it will be "Don't post anything on the forums!!!!" - *Gulp* I can't win that one...
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I am really happy that, much like Charlie Brown on Halloween, I shall be getting a rock.  Very kind of the team to give out these rewards.
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    This is awesome! Thank you!!!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    This of course now opens floodgates for forum activities. You say the next one could be different, but that is not guaranteed. So that means to not miss out, people (including me) will post more, start more threads, post in more different threads, flag more, quote more, insightful more, and like more. Which will not always be for the better of the forum, as the quality will be sacrificed for the quantity. <if you want more, please like and subscribe>

Except they said not to flood the Forum with posts etc. And you should only use the flag button where there is a breach of forum rules - misusing it could end you in trouble!

But making more threads and posts (that aren't just ThE dEVs SuCk) sounds like a great idea, I look forward to reading them. :) We have lots of exciting changes to the game coming up, so there should be lots to discuss.
    Don't worry, I was playing more of a devil's advocate there, I know not to do naughty things, and I doubt they will add a Policy Stone as a new infinity stone support.

Just noticed I've been (mostly lurking) here for more than 5 years. Since the new Gargantos event I'm having my yearly short burst of activity and then go dormant again (Snorlax is my spirit animal), only woke up too late for this one.
    OMG there SO should be a Policy Stone -- fit only for lawyers (who are Daredevil and She-Hulk, AFAIK)...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    This of course now opens floodgates for forum activities. You say the next one could be different, but that is not guaranteed. So that means to not miss out, people (including me) will post more, start more threads, post in more different threads, flag more, quote more, insightful more, and like more. Which will not always be for the better of the forum, as the quality will be sacrificed for the quantity. <if you want more, please like and subscribe>

Except they said not to flood the Forum with posts etc. And you should only use the flag button where there is a breach of forum rules - misusing it could end you in trouble!

But making more threads and posts (that aren't just ThE dEVs SuCk) sounds like a great idea, I look forward to reading them. :) We have lots of exciting changes to the game coming up, so there should be lots to discuss.
    Don't worry, I was playing more of a devil's advocate there, I know not to do naughty things, and I doubt they will add a Policy Stone as a new infinity stone support.

Just noticed I've been (mostly lurking) here for more than 5 years. Since the new Gargantos event I'm having my yearly short burst of activity and then go dormant again (Snorlax is my spirit animal), only woke up too late for this one.
    OMG there SO should be a Policy Stone -- fit only for lawyers (who are Daredevil and She-Hulk, AFAIK)...
    Kinda makes me think of when they made Captain Pollution in the Captain Planet show. Have six Finite Stones that go in their own silver gauntlet. The Policy Stone could be one of them, for sure.

And since I don't think I ever responded to the main thread topic, thanks for recognizing those of us that dwell on the forums, I look forward to seeing the community and playerbase being recognized in the future (as well as more possible opportunities to acquire the Infinity Stones! hopefully it won't take several years to get the next one...).
  • Siv75
    Siv75 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Thank you so much 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Has anyone else who qualified and correctly DM'ed Lakestone not yet received their stone reward?
    I messaged twice via DM (the first within hours of their initial notification) and still have not received mine.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Has anyone else who qualified and correctly DM'ed Lakestone not yet received their stone reward?
    I messaged twice via DM (the first within hours of their initial notification) and still have not received mine.
    Send me a DM, I'll take care of it. At worst, Lakestone won't notice and you'll end up with a bit of RIso from a dupe.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    It just came through this morning.
    Thank You!!
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    I'll definitely congratulate everyone who got a stone, I've always assumed I'd never get one!

What I don't like is taking arguably the rarest reward in the game & arbitrarily giving it out with no notice or explaination of the criteria until after the fact. I feel like I must have been close, and would have gladly posted more if there had ever been any indication I was doing anything more than contributing to forum drama. The combination of no warning for this & the Heroic Gargantos event almost make me feel like communication is worse with the new company.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX said:
    Send me a DM, I'll take care of it. At worst, Lakestone won't notice and you'll end up with a bit of RIso from a dupe.
    I'm in the same boat but I just sent a message to you. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll definitely congratulate everyone who got a stone, I've always assumed I'd never get one!

What I don't like is taking arguably the rarest reward in the game & arbitrarily giving it out with no notice or explaination of the criteria until after the fact. I feel like I must have been close, and would have gladly posted more if there had ever been any indication I was doing anything more than contributing to forum drama. The combination of no warning for this & the Heroic Gargantos event almost make me feel like communication is worse with the new company.
    What "forum drama"? There really has been none until this boss event the last two days or so. You had 5+ months to post here and failed. This was a reward for posting in the forum and contributing to the community - as a thank you no advance notice is needed because it was a reward for posters who wanted to contribute here with nothing in return and this is an unexpected treat. There was advance warning about the Heroic nature of Gargantos Boss Event with a few pages of discussion. I assume it was a later decision than usual but it was posted in advance of the event.
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    I think this is a very cool surprise.  I used to be very acon these forums, but mostly lurk now.  Maybe I should post more.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards

I mean, the whole point in not announcing it is to prevent exactly what you talk about doing. They don't want people posting more just to get something out of it. It's the same reason they went ahead and said future giveaways will have different criteria. To prevent forum spam.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a big difference between posting voluntarily and posting for the sake of getting rewards. The difference lies in the intention.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Absolutely fantastic to see more links between the forum and the game itself in terms of rewards. Got to echo some of the above, the whole point is it is to reward people who are actually contributing to discussions and not just spamming to get a reward. 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,756 Chairperson of the Boards
    Never expected to ever have one of the Infinity Stone supports, so this is very much appreciated!
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    To be completely honest, I always thought that Infinity Stones only came in 5* version, as being the most coveted supports. That's how they showed greyed out in my supports list. It's been some time that I missed other supports, so I can't remember if other supports showed their 5* version.