Versus Win Rewards Update

Options

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,754 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I struggle with SIM too. A rework of rewards in that area will free up some time for main pvp for me. I only really do it to bring me season score up a bit for my alliance. If it was just for rewards I'd happily skip it.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Am I missing something? The last reward in LR is 500 iso-8. 

And I'm surprised shield sim got reduction in wins as well. We have over 25 days to hit 75 wins, and it looks like a lot of players are not hitting it?
    Exactly. It's 500 more iso than I currently have. :D 

When I finally hit that glorious day of being post-iso, then I won't scrounge as much as I currently do. All of the progression rewards have been earned on the boss event? Please wait while I hit each side node, which requires me to constantly replay the boss node for nothing, to get that little bit of iso reward.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm also iso-8 starved but I still waste them on skipping.  :disappointed:

Let's wait for the new dev to reduce iso-8 or increase iso-8.  :p
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is definitely a good change. Now if you would only fix the larger problem of losing points when someone attacks in pvp, thus making the higher rewards nearly impossible to obtain, I might play pvp a lot more. If I get close to a reward, I get attacked a million times, and lose a third of my points, since apparently 80 people can attack me at the same time, while I can only attack once. The whole pvp system needs a complete overhaul. You also need to consider real time fights between actual people, real pvp, not AI always representing  one side.
    They want you to spend money on HP for shields to protect your points.  Their not gonna change it to a new system that makes players spend less.
    Also where's the challenge in a game with no risk. Bleh. What greenglove is asking for is PVE. No hits there.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This rewards change to PvP feels so good. I can take fights that aren't worth many points and I'm still making meaningful rewards progress. I don't need to worry about retaliations taking me two steps back. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Am I missing something? The last reward in LR is 500 iso-8. 

And I'm surprised shield sim got reduction in wins as well. We have over 25 days to hit 75 wins, and it looks like a lot of players are not hitting it?

Shield Sim is just fighting the same 3 or 4 teams 75 times. It's very boring. Personally, I only really push Shield Sim towards the end of a season so i can take the 75 point matches and hit max reward in no time.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,343 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Off topic but a big problem with SIM is the Shielding of it.  I can get to 2000 no problem, but if I do that too early in the season, I may as well wave goodbye to those season points.  There should be some way to lock in your 2000 points no matter what.  It is way to expensive to keep Shielding every 24 hours.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Off topic but a big problem with SIM is the Shielding of it.  I can get to 2000 no problem, but if I do that too early in the season, I may as well wave goodbye to those season points.  There should be some way to lock in your 2000 points no matter what.  It is way to expensive to keep Shielding every 24 hours.
    I kinda like that about Sim. No one bothers to shield, so the high pts targets aren't all hidden away from you and it's usually fairly easy to climb. You just have to accept that you will fall back and float at around 1400-1500 pts after you hit 2000. It's really not a big deal.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,859 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is the only thing I like about SHIELD Sim that you are at least normally capable of finding some juicy targets. However the whole thing needs a revamp in my opinion - having a single 4* cover at the end of it in an era of shards just seems nuts. I haven't bothered to go to 2000 in ages and it doesn't impact champing 4*. If we are going to start getting 5* covers for Boss Event possibly on a semi-regular basis for big movie releases or the like (*fingers crossed*) it will make SS look even more outdated. There should at least be room in there for some extra 4* stuff or maybe even some 5* shards - not talking whole covers here.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 460 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    It is the only thing I like about SHIELD Sim that you are at least normally capable of finding some juicy targets. However the whole thing needs a revamp in my opinion - having a single 4* cover at the end of it in an era of shards just seems nuts. I haven't bothered to go to 2000 in ages and it doesn't impact champing 4*. If we are going to start getting 5* covers for Boss Event possibly on a semi-regular basis for big movie releases or the like (*fingers crossed*) it will make SS look even more outdated. There should at least be room in there for some extra 4* stuff or maybe even some 5* shards - not talking whole covers here.
    It always bothered me that there are no 5* shards in progression rewards. We don't need it to be a loot piñata but a few sprinkled in would encourage more participation.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some keys points to remember.  At the Dawn of Seasons, viable 4* were just being introduced.   In fact the season reward was the only way to get the 4*.  (*  Rember the first 3 seasons were used to introduce the 3 colors of Nick Fury)  I don't even think you could get those covers from drops etc...  So in that context, the prog tree was appropriate for the effort.  

Of course, the modern game is very different and I agree the prog tree is only relelvant to 3* players.  Realistically they could replace the 4* at 2000 with another LT (that will inevitably be another 4* LOL) and keep the placement rewards the same.  
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All these suggestions are useless to over 95% of the player base. Increasing rewards to benefit the top 1% of the 5* player tier will kill any interest in joining a game where the reward you get won’t be useful for 2 years or more . The problem is when you achieve everything you possibly can do in your field with no future challenges, normal behavior is TO QUIT and seek out a new challenge. To keep doing the same thing monotonously day after day with no challenge or reward is something I don’t understand. Asking for better rewards because you refuse to quit is a personal problem not a game mechanics problem. 99% of us ( the people who play but don’t post in forum ) are satisfied with the game status quo.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,059 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The 4* shards and cover in Shield Sim is one of the reliable ways that players can cover new 4* characters. You get the equivalent of just over 2 covers if you finish Shield Sim and score decently in CL7+ for the PvP season.

For newer rosters looking to cover 4* characters this is a huge boon because dilution makes it all but impossible to cover them via tokens. But those 2 covers along with other shards/covers earned from the new 4* being regularly featured in PvE events for a couple months means that new 4* releases can be champed by new rosters.

Shield Sim doesn't isn't required for anything (you can hit 10K season reward without it by hitting 1200 in every event) so in reality it is already just a loot piñata.

KGB

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 460 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not to mention making pve more accesible to newer players. Not a fan of lower SCL having 4* required characters, new players would often not place high enough to get a the latest cover. At least this way they have a chance at acquiring the cover and clearing the node. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Once players open up scl 7 in pvp, they get 4* covers and scl 8 gives them at least 400 4 shards and 4* cover for progression rewards. That's another place they can get 4* covers/shards.
  • bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Have you guys noticed any change in people's behaviors in PVP?  Before the Win Rewards change, I was getting a steady 800 or so points in PVP nearly every time, placing top 25. 

Now in the last few PVP events since the change, my score seems to be fluctuating more. I got 2 top 10 placements, earning 900+ points (which rarely happened to me before), but then twice struggled to achieve 700 or so points. Not sure I can make any conclusions this early. On average, I am still earning around 800+ points, but before the change, it was a lot more consistent.

I don't shield in PVP, so I don't know how this Rewards change has affected those who do.

I know earning the last Command Point reward is significantly easier now, but I was already earning the CP reward at 75 wins 99% of the time, so this rewards change hasn't affected my in-game earnings. But I do like how much time I save with the 50 win change. 

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bladewing said:
    Have you guys noticed any change in people's behaviors in PVP?  Before the Win Rewards change, I was getting a steady 800 or so points in PVP nearly every time, placing top 25. 

Of course we are not in the same place, but still. 
    The change I noticed is clearly more people playing and I have to skip more players for to find good points after climbing (it's easier now).Also for now the ranking points are more bloated and it's quite hard to rank t25.
    But I welcome the change anyway.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    @Bad What scores were you hitting to get T25 in scl 10 pvps?