The Puzzle Quest – Cosmic Community Challenge (6/2/22)

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    As of right now, we're at tier 5 rewards with 308,333 entries. Deploy the bot swarm!

325k right now almost 1 h later.
    4000 players more or less answering right.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    382150 as of now. Assuming 32 points each player, that's 11942 players, an increase of about 3000 players from my previous post.
  • Bad
    Options
    382150 as of now. Assuming 32 points each player, that's 11942 players

32 points each player if answering right. I answered right all the questions so I don't know if you have any more chances to answer it or it's a failed entry. If there are failed entries, there would be a lot more than 12k players. 
    There are still 2 days for the end so we could make it.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I read from reddit that even if you answered wrongly, you still get the full points.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2022
    Options
    yep i tested it on an incognito window, you can answer whatever you like and it's "right".

BUT, you're assuming everyone completed at 32 points, which is very unlikely i believe.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    We just need to wait until 1 hours before the contest ends and see if there's any spike in the number of entries. 389164 now.

This is exciting to watch because it reminds me of my alliance where we haven't hit the third alliance progression cover and there were only two resets left.

Here's some fun fact scooped from reddit: there are 250k unique players but majority of them don't even play DDQ. This contest is probably an more accurate way to gauge the number of active players. Cross-check with the info from Line and we'll know hoe many of us play actively.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2022
    Options

Here's some fun fact scooped from reddit: there are 250k unique players but majority of them don't even play DDQ. This contest is probably an more accurate way to gauge the number of active players. Cross-check with the info from Line and we'll know hoe many of us play actively.
    It's almost like, maybe a new developer might be coming online and wanted to see how many active players there are, and therefore better design future content!
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,930 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I suppose you could argue it gives you a good base number to consider the amount of active players, there are still two groups of players I can think of who may not participate:

1. People who don't bother with filling out surveys, contests and the like, either out of principle or disinterest 

2. People who have no interest in Kamala Khan

So while it will be interesting to see how many people actively participated in the contest, I think it's important to keep in mind that we still won't have a definitive number.

You only need to consider the Forum contests as an example. I don't think you would assume the number of participants in such contests to be an accurate reflection of those who use the forums. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Definitely, I agree with that. I think what do we have is a minimum number of active players who bother to play or a range of the number of players who bother to play. I think players who monitor flips could increase the range of the number of players. Last figure I remembered was about 20k(?) for pve. 

As for forum contest, I think forum contests aren't advertised in-game, nor in reddit. I'm not sure about other social medias. So, that explains the low participation. There are always lurkers in forums.

Anyway, it's just some (fun) numbers to look at. Who knows, the dev could use this number to create new events.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I think following the scl7 & up season flips might give a more accurate picture of fairly engaged players; they each usually flip at least twice in the first seasonal pvp if not a later third, so that's 40k+ right there at least hitting up sim to make daily quest goals.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I didn’t do it because I didn’t need something else to do with this game and half a cover isn’t worth me typing in my email address and then answering questions each day. If it was a one of I’d have done it. Other than that I’m happy to give up half a cover for a character I will break horde for anyway. 

• HoundofShadow
    edited June 2022
    Options
    It gives more than just 250 shards. It also gives 500hp, which is worth about $1.7. You can wait till the last day and answer the questions and click the two or three links.

Anyway, 11000/40000 players is about 25% of the playerbase. It seems pretty low, or is it considered good? 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,930 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One other issue to consider is that the contest is specifically about Kamala Khan. I can imagine a lot of casual players don't know much about her so they may simply feel the contest isn't for them since they can't really answer the questions. 
  • Bad
    Options
    I do think, if it has any hidden purpose, is for to know how many players there are willing to enter a contest like this.
    Devs can measure everything, knowing the number of players playing per day, per week or per month would be one of the metrics they usually see the most, they don't need this for knowing those numbers.
    I think they are running this just for doing something different, and it's a fine welcome gift.
    If you are logging with Google they will get just a email and a name which could be true or not, nothing more. I think to not enter this contest because fearing on hackers is too exagerated.
    Also Google, fb, etc have their own security barriers not easy to surpass, in any way a player of a mobile game won't be a target for supposedly having a big wealth for to entice hackers. There are better hobbies showing better targets for hackers. 
  • SolidusMox
    SolidusMox Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Contest ends in 31 hours and is closing in on highest tier rewards.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2022
    Options
    422869 with 30 hours left. Can someone channel Prof. X and cause them to participate?  :p
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There should be a consolation prize for everyone that did all entries if the community doesn't hit 450k like 100 5* Kamala shards.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Divided we stand, together we fall.  :D
  • Bad
    Options
    433k right now and 18 h left.
    It's gonna be a close call.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hoping the company will fudge the results if we get close enough...