The Puzzle Quest – Cosmic Community Challenge (6/2/22)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

If you log into MPQ today, you will find a special community challenge that highlights the release of Kamala Khan.  Some super awesome rewards are a part of the challenge with the highest tier achieved gifting 500 Hero Points + 3-Star Kamala Khan + 250 Shards for 5-Star Kamala Khan.

Just to note as some of you may have questions.

• Additional trivia and/or activities will be added between now and June 10. An in-game message will notify everyone of when new trivia questions appear (be sure to check site if any activities pop up between trivia questions).  There will also be social posts sent out for each trivia question.
  • Rewards will be given out to ALL players after the challenge is done.  Ex: There won’t be a need to let CS know that you are a PC player and were unable to receive a reward given out via a link. 
  • Only 1 rewards tier will be given out.  Whatever Rewards Tier the community ends on at the conclusion will determine prize.

Hopefully this answers all the questions.  Good luck everyone!

Direct Link to Challenge

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you!!!
    Let's do more of this in the future.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Awesome!
    I thought it was needed to entry on all the social webs to earn the 32 entries.
    It's great to know there will be more questions and it won't be needed that.
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    I got a "thank you for participating in a special offer but the special offer has expired" message. sweet. 
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 667 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got a "thank you for participating in a special offer but the special offer has expired" message. sweet. 
    Yup me too, it's like a well oiled machine.
  • Save_Reality
    Save_Reality Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same here.  Hope this can be fixed.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 520 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Same here.  Hope this can be fixed.
    Agreed, something like "You're an idiot for participating in a special offer that has expired."
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would have done the trivia questions if they didn't want me to leave my name and email address. Looks more like a data mining experiment than a way for the community to gain resources.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Gleam requires email address to verify unique users. The point is to prevent bot entries. The site MPQ is using is typically used for things like giveaways and contests. It is in no way abnormal to need to provide an email address for such things. 
  • LakeStone
    Options
    This has something due to the link provided that takes players back into the game. We'll look at fixing that but the rewards will be determined and sent to ALL players after the Challenge is completed (eta: before June 16th).
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What about for Kindle Fire players? It's always a pain to redeem rewards when some website link is involved and then I end up having to contact CS to get the reward.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,982 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    What about for Kindle Fire players? It's always a pain to redeem rewards when some website link is involved and then I end up having to contact CS to get the reward.
    I think the rewards go the entire community. I say that because you need 450000 points for the top reward and all you can earn is 32 individually. So the entire community needs to participate to reach the top rewards (hence, let your alliance mates know to at least answer the easy trivia questions for 10 points).

Since they are giving out rewards to everyone, I expect they will just show up in your account without the need to click on any website (ie like the free login gifts we get on occasion or shardmas etc).

KGB
  • LakeStone
    Options
    shardwick said:
    The reward will be sent to all players (including Amazon) once the Challenge is completed.  I know we've had other promotions where CS needed to be contacted to be credited prizing but that won't be the case with this Challenge.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is this similar to the community boss event years ago?
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,300 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    or the PVE events from way way back, where total community points (if I recall correctly) unlocked the sub-events
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I don't remember reading that community sub-event, or maybe I got things mixed up. But one thing is for sure, there was a community story event in the past.

450k / 32 = 14062.5 players

I hope the dev could use the result of this community challenge as a reference to bring back community boss event or community pve. 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't remember reading that community sub-event, or maybe I got things mixed up. But one thing is for sure, there was a community story event in the past.

450k / 32 = 14062.5 players

I hope the dev could use the result of this community challenge as a reference to bring back community boss event or community pve. 
    That's assuming full participation, so you could almost double that bummer of players required to account for casuals
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    97418 entries now. Divide by 12 and we get ~8118 players.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 520 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2022
    Options
    As of right now, we're at tier 5 rewards with 308,333 entries. Deploy the bot swarm!

Rewards Tier 5
     (Reach 300,000 points) = 250 Hero Points + 3-Star Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) Cover + 4 - Star Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) Cover

Rewards Tier 6 (Reach 450,000 points) =  500 Hero Points + 3-Star Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) Cover +  250 5-Star Kamala Khan (Origin) Shards
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    At this rate it is not feasible to hit the next tier. Definitely would need a lot of additional participants. Bummer! 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,679 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just finished my full amount and is looking dicey to hit full rewards.