Marvel Puzzle Quest R253 Release Notes (5/23/22)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R253 Release Notes.

“Avengers?! Squee!”

• Celebrate Pride Month and recruit Wiccan to your team with a special login reward!
  • Takedown Gargantos in this epic MPQ Boss event! (5/26)
  • Another round of Puzzle Ops returns on 5/26!
  • Prep your teams for the PVP season of Reality, starting 6/2!

Additional Details:

• Fixed issues with spelling and grammar in multiple languages.

Thank you for playing!

Tagged:

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    “Avengers?! Squee!”
    That sounds like something a fangirl would say.  Could it be a 5* Ms Marvel?  Her show premieres in a couple of weeks right?  
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gargantos will be a new boss event. Interesting. 
    Sounds like ms Marvel to me too. Easy clue.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ohhh new boss event, I'm excited!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New boss event? Sweet! 

Squee sounds like something a female or animal-like characters would say. However, This 5* is released during Pride month. So, we could get a LGBT character. A check on Marvel youtube shows Ms Marvel's videos and her show releases on June 8. 

I'm going with 5* Kamala Khan. Zoe Zimmer sounds unlikely as a 5*.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oooooh, new Boss Battle! Tasty! As Squid!
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, that sounds like Kamala Khan...
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 307 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2022
    Options
    5* Kamala Lantern, the bootleg Kamala that's in Chip and Dale
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Could also be America Chavez 5*, but I only know her from Dr Strange 2 and that one probably doesn't know about the avengers and wouldn't be that excited.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Could also be America Chavez 5*, but I only know her from Dr Strange 2 and that one probably doesn't know about the avengers and wouldn't be that excited.
    America Chavez would definitely not go squee.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She is part of the young avengers though, right? 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I noticed they seem to have change the way they release tie-ins. In the past, pre-covid, the tie-ins were pretty much back-to-back. Since Covid, movie tie-ins look like this:

Red Guardian --> Yelena (months apart)
    Abomination (??) --> Shang Chi
    Ikaris/Sersi --> back to back tie-ins
    Gargantos/???
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We have MCU abomination in this game? 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shang-Chi and Black Widow were moved around all over the place due to covid driven film schedule disruptions I assume. But also some things just didn’t get a tie in, like Flaptain & Bucky. I was so sure Ronan was going to be Zemo
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Earlier this year, we had MPQ choose your character poll, where Black Knight won it. It is said that based on the past, all the other characters in the poll should be released in the future. Abomination was one of the choices and that's how I made the connections.

I think ties-in schedule are not as consistent as in the past, but we'll see in the next few movie releases. It's probably Ms Marvel series messing up the schedule a little. I mean, Disney/Marvel uses games as one of their marketing platforms to remind us that certain events/shows are happening soon. So, MoM 4* tie-in would probably be on June 16. But we'll see.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    To be fair the "past" poll referred to was a lot less characters. That said I feel pretty confident we will get at least a bunch of them.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2022
    Options
    This year poll had only 7 choices. If it's a lot lesser, then it's only 3-4 choices?

Is this the poll being referred to?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65868/in-game-character-poll-who-did-you-choose

It seems like there are a lot of choices and a majority of those in the list seem to have being released.  Or were there other poll(s)?

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We have MCU abomination in this game? 
    No, because SC is the MCU movie (not tv show) that only got one character... Grrrrr.  This isn't counting any movie where there's like 10 versions of existing characters in game...
  • TheDaniel
    TheDaniel Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I noticed they seem to have change the way they release tie-ins. In the past, pre-covid, the tie-ins were pretty much back-to-back. Since Covid, movie tie-ins look like this:

Red Guardian --> Yelena (months apart)
    Abomination (??) --> Shang Chi
    Ikaris/Sersi --> back to back tie-ins
    Gargantos/???
    Abomination will have a role in the She-Hulk series and so his release may be tied to that.
  • DAZ0273
    edited May 2022
    Options
    This year poll had only 7 choices. If it's a lot lesser, then it's only 3-4 choices?

Is this the poll being referred to?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65868/in-game-character-poll-who-did-you-choose

It seems like there are a lot of choices and a majority of those in the list seem to have being released.  Or were there other poll(s)?

I don't think that is the poll I remember. It had Medusa, America Chavez and a few more I can't remember but who got released anyway. I could be wrong on it being less characters though.

Edit - yeah the one I am referring to was from July 2016 and was a Marvel NOW poll it seems. Trying to find the choices.

Edit edit! Found it - it was Medusa, Riri Williams,  America Chavez and Silk! Silk took the longest to arrive but we got them all.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2022
    Options
    That poll really had limited choices in 2016.
    In 2017, the choices look complicated because there are choices for new and variants.

Here are the list of 2017 choices based on that thread:

New: Kitty Pryde, Taskmaster, Rogue, Black Bolt, Dazzler, Black Cat, Apocalypse, Cable, 
    Mr Sinister, Shocker, Emma Frost, Mysterio, Gambit, MODOK, BRB, Magik, Elf, Yondu, Nightcrawler, Darkhawk, Jessica Jone, Wiccan, Mockingbird, Omega Red, Lockjaw, Archangel, Adam Warlock, Karnak, Namor, Odin, Red Skull, Domino

Variant: Juggernaut, Yelena, Dr Doom, Squirrel Girl, Antman, Ares, Magneto, Elektra, Dr Octopus, Scarlet Witch, Loki, Moon Knight, Daredevil, Psylocke, Thor, Devil Dino, Iceman, Prof X, Mr Fantastic, Nick Fury, Storm, Nova, Spiderman, Beast.

For new and variants, majority of them has been released.

It seem like majority from this year's list will be released as well.

I don't remember any poll from 2018 to 2021. Did they stop doing them during this period?