Marvel Puzzle Quest R253 Release Notes (5/23/22)

Options
2»

Comments

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm still waiting for Zemo and Fantomex. 
    No idea who this apparent child character is.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man, that last boost list with all the boosters was savage. I guess it's good to just lump them all into one list and get it over with lol.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They should have gone with Okoye/iHulk and Wanda/Electro.  :p

It was healthpack nightmare playing mirror match.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,866 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only good thing about the boost list timing was that I had just landed a Milestone that enabled me to champ Okoye so I could add to being part of the problem instead of looking on enviously.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,066 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Options
    In 4* land, having a fully covered but non-champed Okoye/iHulk was awesome because I could climb to 900 with no retal hits (or the ones I got were all opponent losses) feasting on the Polaris/X teams using zero health packs.

It's was one of the rare weeks where pushing to 1000 was possible with good timing since after 900 you are visible to 5* champ teams.

KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    In the final moments of the May Day pvp I landed on Apocalypse/Colossus as a probably obvious team, and was able to steadily progress but ran out of time before it closed out. That sometimes happens for me where I finally get the right team to move but it's too late for my grind lol. Oh well.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the final moments of the May Day pvp I landed on Apocalypse/Colossus as a probably obvious team, and was able to steadily progress but ran out of time before it closed out. That sometimes happens for me where I finally get the right team to move but it's too late for my grind lol. Oh well.
    Colossus vs hulkoye boosted?
    Not a single chance.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I mean, you say that, but I was doing it. I was able to target hulkoye and apoc-hulk teams on my way up since that's all there was. you have to start with Okoye in front, and chase yellow with +AP boosts out, as many as you're comfortable using, and then you can deny green until you can get Shared Strength in play. Colossus gives you a direct damage black outlet before Apoc's is ready with protects. I was able to push to 900 like that. it was more reliable than Wanda/Okoye for me. Boosted Apocalypse is doing the heavy lifting with his big health pool, Colussus is just defending you against Hulk's incidental match damage while you do what you can to deny green.
  • Bad
    Options
    Crazy health pack usage.
    Apoc and Wanda did the trick for me, not losing even half health per battle, also mild protection from hits.
    Easier with May because when equipping +4 AP usually I was able to stun hulk on the second turn.
    On each pvp I never wasted all the health packs thanks to Wanda.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Bad said:
    Crazy health pack usage.
    Apoc and Wanda did the trick for me, not losing even half health per battle, also mild protection from hits.
    Easier with May because when equipping +4 AP usually I was able to stun hulk on the second turn.
    On each pvp I never wasted all the health packs thanks to Wanda.

You must have a better wanda than I do, or else I was getting fed to bigger opponents - mine was getting stomped down pretty handily unfortunately.
  • KGB
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    • Takedown Gargantos in this epic MPQ Boss event! (5/26)
    I would like to toss out a big thank you for putting two complete 5* covers in the boss event.
    The rewards for this event are making me regret being a 1 person alliance.  I might have to consider the next couple of recruiting pitches I get.  
    It used to be (might still be) that there were alliances that looked for mercs for boss events. Mercs being someone who would join for the event to help them finish round 8 then expect them to leave to go back to their own alliance.

KGB
  • Bad
    Options
    In my alliance the only requirement I told to people interested is daily logging in and to score what you can.
    And despite that we use to be 250th.
  • KGB
    Options
    Room in my alliance as well for someone who plays daily. There is no requirement in terms of PvP or PvE. Just that you show up and play in boss events.

We always finish round 7 and about half the time round 8 depending on the boss (Apoc is hard for the lower level players).

KGB
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 467 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I would totally be down with being a ringer for alliance events only, but the opportunities I've gotten were full membership.  Being required to hit certain point totals in pvp, top whatever placement in pve, joining the chat app everyone uses for mpq, or if it's one of those buy club things I've read about on here just isn't for me.  And it's not because I can't hit whatever threshold would be required, I don't want to have to.  Maybe in time, but not at the moment.  

Most large alliance families have a simple "daily play" group that also doubles as a "boss completion" group or gets shipped out to friendly alliances that plan to do so, though most would require you to get on LINE or possibly Discord when a boss event is announced (and probably no other time, for those examples). I thought it was an unreasonable expectation my first year, but the camaraderie and coordination that comes w/ an alliance group not having to rely on the terrible in-game chat is invaluable.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    When is Shuma Gorath dropping into Latest? Next Monday?