Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Dodged it! Could even say we somersaulted away from that bit of identification and surprised you all with this new character from the Great White North, PUCK!
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Man, how the hell is Eugene Judd?
    sounds obscure as hell.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @IceIX I’m gonna need you to handhold me through that clue lol
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hmm, with numbers out he seems like a perfectly good 3rd wheel for a team, and he will be annoying to fight when overleveled.  Otherwise he doesn't seem like much to be excited.

A 6ap one turn stun has its uses, but miles exists already, and iceman or Polaris or g4mora are straight up better if you want 4* stuns.

The green has strong damage potential for the 4* tier,  but I don't have a good sense of how much damage it will actually do in practice.  If this plays up from how it looks on paper,  he could be pretty good in the end. (Edit: it plays way, WAY down, so he is borderline trash tier.  At least he feeds a very good 5*).

The black seems like the dump stat. Near useless on offense as characters without true heal should (ideally)  never take 15% of their health. But it will be a pain to fight against  in challenge nodes; stunners will be near mandatory if he is in the next simulator.  The active is only worth discussing in terms of how it enables the red stun.
  • Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    edited May 2022
    Options
    wow, no dr strange tie in... lame. character no one asked for, he'll be collecting dust along with Black Knight, Gertrude Yorkes... can't decide which is the worst 4 star of the year so far. at least Melinda May and Rhino can so do so much more than Puck, Black Knight and Gertrude.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The numbers are quite good. Something says me it will be an easy WTS.
    He really can smash foes with that green. I like that power so much.
    If I was a newcomer 4* player I would enjoy this character a lot.
    By the way medusa and polaris could make a hellish team, and in there he would choose to tank or not, also he could see healed his 2500 damage threshold.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would like to write a pun but I probably risk getting flagged. And I think most would know what that pun is.  D

In the other thread, some player mentioned Northstar and here's Puck from Alpha Flight. Is he a Luke Cage clone? I think Marvel has "duplicate" characters in the comics and I would think he's probably one. Even 4* Luke Cage places black protect tiles.

However, this guy does a cartwheel. I hope his green animation looks funny, like doing a fast Cartwheel from the front to the back of the screen. The damage looks beefy if you are lucky.

2500 damage is easy to trigger with Polaris and modern 5* damage. Maybe place him with Crystal or Rescue for healing?

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 460 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OMG. AM I THE ONLY ONE HAPPY ABOUT THIS?!?

Do Snowbird next! 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Dodged it! Could even say we somersaulted away from that bit of identification and surprised you all with this new character from the Great White North, PUCK!
    Take off ! Eh
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OMG. AM I THE ONLY ONE HAPPY ABOUT THIS?!?

Do Snowbird next! 

Nah, I was a big fan of Alpha Flight too.  Neat team, though honestly different writers started really screwing around with the characters too much, IMHO.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, if the people on the MPQ Facebook page don't stop whining about every new character not being Omega Red, I'm going to cut a tinykitty.
  • Xax
    Xax Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @IceIX I’m gonna need you to handhold me through that clue lol
    Check out his Wikipedia. His fictional biography says he was hired to steal the Black Blade of Baghdad. It basically sounds like he got his powers from the blade...I didn't really read the whole thing. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WHAT THE PUCK?!?!!?
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is a great addition. Well done MPQ.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    The numbers are quite good. Something says me it will be an easy WTS.
    He really can smash foes with that green. I like that power so much.
    If I was a newcomer 4* player I would enjoy this character a lot.
    By the way medusa and polaris could make a hellish team, and in there he would choose to tank or not, also he could see healed his 2500 damage threshold.
    You really need him to Tank to make effective use of the Green since you only get the mega damage if Puck makes the match.  So if you team him with Medusa and/or Polaris you are probably going to need supports for him to tank because it's quite likely you have both those characters well into the 300 level range so he'd only tank Black.

KGB
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2022
    Options
    GrimSkald said:
    Also, if the people on the MPQ Facebook page don't stop whining about every new character not being Omega Red, I'm going to cut a tinykitty.
    After Black Knight I'd rather they not tackle a fan favourite ever again.

Honorable mention: Magneto
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think Rogue (and Gambit?) was 2017 Fan Favourite in the survey and she came out  great. She was my first champed 4* because she has both offensive and defensive ability. Today, I still use her for massive damage. 

Was Magneto part of any survey in 2020 or 2021? I don't remember any of the choices. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Options
    KGB said:
    You really need him to Tank to make effective use of the Green since you only get the mega damage if Puck makes the match.  So if you team him with Medusa and/or Polaris you are probably going to need supports for him to tank because it's quite likely you have both those characters well into the 300 level range so he'd only tank Black.

KGB
    Yeah I thought about that.
    But red power is his first color, Medusa is her second, and green power her second, polaris her third. 
    Actually all 4*s have identical status. The number of covers needed for a 4* first power tanking another superior 4* second power is 16 less covers.
    For maxed 370 level 4*s, he exactly would tank them at level 354.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Now for my favourite game:  Feeder speculation!  Hopefully he's not a feeder skip like MM or BK.  Fingers crossed!

I know Puck from Alpha Flight, but not his whole history.  I read through his wiki and his most obvious (5*) connections are Wolverine, Immortal Hulk, Storm, and the X-Men.  Unless there is a second feeder for iHulk or OML, the closest connection is Magneto AoA, but that is tenuous.

After some more digging, I found that Alpha Flight replaced SWORD.  After Captain Marvel stepped down, Brand took over again.  

That's the strongest connection I can find.  Even though she's just left LL, it seems the most likely connection.

Or Ghostpool, because Puck encountered the One Below All, who is demonic/satanic, which ties to Ghost Rider