Soft lock on support destruction [Fixed]

Options
Gormhaus
Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
edited August 2022 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
Im getting a lot of softlocks when my gem conversions destroy supports. The board freezes and the gems just hang there and i have to quit.

Thanks!

Comments

• Gormhaus
    Options
    Ok. Not sure what is causing the lock ups but it definately has to do with supports getting matched. Im having to quit matches in Fate is rarely fair due to this issue.
  • Vanadis
    Vanadis Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just had what seems to be exactly the same issue, see attached screenshots (ironically, in my case it was a Gold token - which is supposed to be destroyed) . The game softlocks, I can only open the "Game Paused" menu. Even had the loop prevention timer appear and expire.
    Our Discord has reports from several players of this happening with different supports.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options

I was able to reproduce it. 

As you can see, it was a simple conversion that destroyed four djinn wishes. 

I'll try to recreate it again and make a video. 
    Will provide more information when I get them. 

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    freeze conversion when prism is destroyed during cascade
  • Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Here is a video of the bug. 
    https://youtu.be/SaJiSsiRgQI

The bug is easily reproducible. 

I used the following deck to make it trigger earlier. 

• Julie71
    Options
  • Blckadder
    Blckadder Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've noticed this happening when I have a support with 2 shields that takes damage twice in the same instance (not from a cascade). The damage should only reduce the shield by 1, but the support is actually destroyed and the game locks. Hope this helps.

Example: Support is on a green gem with 2 shields remaining; Hour of Promise changes gems to green; there's a 3 match with the support as well as a 4/5 gem burst hitting the support.

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last week in TotP:

And just now in TotP another freeze:

But earlier in the same turn I also destroyed 2 pests and it did not freeze:

On both of the freezes you can see one pest triggers and then the next match in the cascade triggers. Maybe the freezes are because it doesn't finish processing all the triggers before the next match in the cascade occurs and it knows there was something else to do but since the new cascade happened the 'effect stack' has been wiped out and it is essentially an index out of bounds kind of error.
  • Gormhaus
    Options
    This is still happening and its super annoying.
  • Disarray
    Disarray Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Gormhaus said:
    This is still happening and its super annoying.

It's been investigated for over two months and the bug itself is much older. Safe to say support chose to ignore us, they are not even trying to fix gamebreaking issues these days.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's as critical of an issue as there is out there. I also wish it had higher priority. There are so many cards we cannot risk playing right now because of this.
  • Julie71
    Options
    I had a report of a spell destroying multiple supports lock the game up.   will send screenshots not sure if its also related.  not conversation was made.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This issue should now be fixed on the current live build.