Game Freezing When Destroying Supports [Fixed in 2.2]

Options
Pcell777
Pcell777 Posts: 51 Match Maker
The board keep freezing during gameplay ( usually when a chunk of gems fall down). I tried 3 Chandra and Nissa encounter, all froze during the game play.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Pcell777
    Options
    *Update*

Confirmed that destroying the pre-existing support gem causes the board to freeze.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It doesn't have to be preexisting, my heroic battle with Chandra just locked up after her first ability blew up the Flameshadow Conjuring she had played a couple of turns ago.
  • Gilesclone
    Options
    I stand corrected, she did start with the support.
  • obsidianpeanut
    obsidianpeanut Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2017
    Options
    +1, I'm experiencing this as well.

Basically, the matched gems explode and then the blank space they leave behind doesn't back-fill, freezing the game.

I thought it was my older tablet at first, but also experiencing it on a newer phone.  I don't think the issue has anything to do with supports on the board.  I've experienced it when matching 4 or more gems or when matching 2 sets of 3 or more gems, and no support was involved.  I've also experienced it when attempting to cast a card after a 3 match. 

Here is an image: http://imgur.com/a/8tcum

• iolo
    iolo Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    +1 here too on Nissa #5.. Seems to be consistently  triggered by destruction of the opponent's supports, whether by my spell, or either player's matching.
  • Sequious
    Sequious Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have the same problem trying to finish these matches up. The game always freezes as new gems are supposed to fall to fill spaces created by matching gems.
  • ROYGBV00
    ROYGBV00 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    +1 with Gideon Heroic Encounters too.  It's REALLY ANNOYING!
  • cooldownmax
    cooldownmax Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    +1 happens in several of the heroic Jace encounters, whether they are removed early by spell based support destruction, or even if they die later to the shields getting broken.
  • Gilesclone
    Options
    @Brigby can we please get a "devs aware" on this.  Beginners need this now that QB is gone.
  • AresOmega
    AresOmega Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Please for the love of all that is holy, fix this game breaking bug D3H. It sucks not being able to use basic, core strategies like Tezz2 fabricate / support based decks considering how the new Standard format limits some other things. I purchased Heart of Kiran and am now afraid to use it, or Angel of Invention, or even Tezz2's second ability for fear of having the game board freeze with empty spaces waiting for gems to drop down all because one of my fabricate supports was destroyed. This is a serious roadblock in deck construction, not using good creatures or abilities because of the fear of yet another freeze.
  • Pcell777
    Options
    AresOmega said:
    Please for the love of all that is holy, fix this game breaking bug D3H. It sucks not being able to use basic, core strategies like Tezz2 fabricate / support based decks considering how the new Standard format limits some other things. I purchased Heart of Kiran and am now afraid to use it, or Angel of Invention, or even Tezz2's second ability for fear of having the game board freeze with empty spaces waiting for gems to drop down all because one of my fabricate supports was destroyed. This is a serious roadblock in deck construction, not using good creatures or abilities because of the fear of yet another freeze.
    The support board freeze only happens in these Heroic encounter. You are safe outside them
  • AresOmega
    AresOmega Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    My wife and I have both had it happen in training grounds. Hers was an opponent's support destroyed, and mine was my own fabricate support from Angel of Invention being destroyed.
  • Pcell777
    Options
    AresOmega said:
    My wife and I have both had it happen in training grounds. Hers was an opponent's support destroyed, and mine was my own fabricate support from Angel of Invention being destroyed.
    Oh, well damn.  Never seen it happens in training ground or pvp myself.  
  • ScarlettRed
    ScarlettRed Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This has happened to me in both Heroic Encounters and in Training Grounds. I have screenshots of both instances. What is upsetting the most is first, I lose the battle. Second, I lose all of my planeswalker's health. Third, I have to use a health potion to continue to play with the same planeswalker. Just the fix the bug and make the problem go away.
  • Pcell777
    Options
    The game also freezes when I convert gems color which would cause a huge cascade.

• Pcell777
    Options
    Forgot to add pic.
  • Captsquee
    Captsquee Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been talking about this too. The AI loves to freeze the game lol
  • Twee
    Twee Posts: 56 Match Maker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yup, love this game's playability...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. The developers are aware of players reporting game freezes when destroying both servos and supports. They are actively working on a fix as we speak. Thanks for being patient!
  • ErikInVegas
    ErikInVegas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Here's the thing - a bright High School kid or an average US or EU CS major could fix this but it's gone on for months and months with a paid commercial product.

Basic game functionality:
    1 = watchdog timer
    2 = reset match when watchdog timer fails to respond

This is highschool level stuff.

Where did they find programmers so incompetent?

Oh yeah, outsourcing....

When somebody bids $70 to do $100 worth of work you're not getting a deal.

Either they:

A - Are incompetent and don't know what the $100 of work actually entails.

or

B - Plan to do $50 worth of work and rip you off.