3,000 days is a long time to play this game

Options
Sabrecat
Sabrecat Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
Evening, all. I actually hit this milestone a few weeks back, but I guess my forum registration lapsed at some point and I had to go through the whole recertification process before I could post. As of today, I'm at 3,013 days. Man, that's a long time. 

I started playing this silly game a day or two after it launched. I've missed a day here or there thanks to camping trips with no cell reception, or long nights where I didn't log on until after the day's flip, but otherwise it's managed to keep me logging on every day since launch for over eight years.

Kudos to the devs for figuring out how to keep me on the hook for this long. I dunno how many others have reached 3k, but I can't imagine that it's many. Give me a ring if you ever want to talk about how to beef up the daily rewards for post-3k!
Tagged:

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Congrats a major milestone!

Edit
    had to check my resupply stat.
    day 2827 for me.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I am just past my 7 year daily anniversary, though as near as I can tell, I have been playing for about 7.5 years. I remember the first anniversary event. So I must have missed about 200 days' worth of logins over the years.
    But that's only ~2600 days for me. I would bet that 3k+ is at least a whole order of magnitude rarer. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Day 2947 now for me. Haven't missed a day, but there have been a lot of days that I just logged on and played one match to get the daily reward.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2222 for me
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Day 1532 here. That's almost half your in-game day?

I went to the shield resupply check and someone is actually at 3065 now. I wonder what's the maximum in-game day possible.

How do you keep yourself motivated? I mean some are on the brink of giving up due to dilution and the bi-weekly release rate.  :D 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Day 1207.
    I have so many teams to play on pve that sometimes I examine my roster closely and then I can't understand how I forgot that character in that team creating that funny sinergy that I loved so much.
    It's hard to get bored playing this way.
  • JasonLikesToTravel
    JasonLikesToTravel Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Closing in on day 200. A little while to go before hitting 3,000!
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1608. Feels like a long time already.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,559 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First of all, congrats!, daily supply thread is on day 3013 at the moment, so I can't imagine there are many 3Kplussers around!
    Day 2296 here and according to Steam 17,182 hours played (that's 7.5 hours a day, although a lot of that was me starting a match on my morning commute and finish it on my evening commute).
    Still mostly enjoy playing this game, but there's no denying that it has become a bit of a slog, grinding a few hours a day to fulfill my addiction to shiny new covers and tokens.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At 2888 days here. I started playing the game a few months after it was released. But so far I have been able to keep playing it almost daily. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's funny. I could have played a lot more days, but I found the game too hard when I tried it on my tablet about the time pokemon ORAS was released (2014ish). Couldn't figure out about matching my strong colours and denying enemy their strong colours lol.  

I think I am in my 4th year. My anniversary is around valentines' day. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2397 here. Started playing at a nibling's 7th birthday party, and they're turning 14 this year...
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2672 for me. Like Vhailorx I missed a couple hundred days or more of logins during the first couple of years because my son was mostly playing then in the prologue events and I didn't start playing seriously until much later. 
    KGB

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Day 1532 here. That's almost half your in-game day?

I went to the shield resupply check and someone is actually at 3065 now. I wonder what's the maximum in-game day possible.

How do you keep yourself motivated? I mean some are on the brink of giving up due to dilution and the bi-weekly release rate.  :D 
    I'll tell ya how...

The pure curiosity of "what are they gonna throw at me next"!  Lol

I mean, for real.  A lot of it is probably automated, but you can kinda tell when someone didn't update the list yet...

When the daily login supply stuff is ready, it'll tell you a week (or more) in advance.  But there are times when it's like only a couple days away from the being "current", and no updates to it are coming.  It makes me wonder if someone in the dev team has it on a back-burner, like, "oh yeah -- gotta update that again... stupid PiMacleod... just give me a day!!"  :: shakes fist at the screen ::

Of course, if this just happens normally, then disregard.  I just figure that most players get a good week or so to look ahead, and that I only get that if they actually plan it out that far.  :)
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Sabrecat said:
    Evening, all. I actually hit this milestone a few weeks back, but I guess my forum registration lapsed at some point and I had to go through the whole recertification process before I could post. As of today, I'm at 3,013 days. Man, that's a long time. 

I started playing this silly game a day or two after it launched. I've missed a day here or there thanks to camping trips with no cell reception, or long nights where I didn't log on until after the day's flip, but otherwise it's managed to keep me logging on every day since launch for over eight years.

Kudos to the devs for figuring out how to keep me on the hook for this long. I dunno how many others have reached 3k, but I can't imagine that it's many. Give me a ring if you ever want to talk about how to beef up the daily rewards for post-3k!

In 36 days I'll be hitting day 3000.  For some of the hate this game gets it sure has kept many playing for a long time.

I had purchased a Nexus tablet and downloaded a bunch of games, even purchased two games. Of that bunch of games 2964 days ago I only still play MPQ.

I found all those other games visually too busy & all had obvious paywalls. I spent some money on MPQ throughout the first year but haven't needed to since. I guess that's why MPQ is still on my phone.

Oh, and the Nexus tablet from eight years ago...long gone. 😆

edit: I remember seeing you in game back in the day @Sabrecat
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    So, the gift of unknown make things more exciting.  :D
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Alfje17 said:
    acescracked said:

I found all those other games visually too busy & all had obvious paywalls. I spent some money on MPQ throughout the first year but haven't needed to since. I guess that's why MPQ is still on my phone.

Very good point: MPQ has virtually no paywalls. As long as you play enough, you can get every character and you can catch up (albeit slowly) without ever spending.
    I'm playing another mobile game where every new character has paywalls for months and there are constant pop-ups and remindes how you can buy any of the 9 currencies... I haven't and will never spend a penny on that game, but I have spent a little on MPQ just to support the game!

I know that dedicated play is more than enough to build a 4* roster, even with well over 100 characrers now, but how well can f2p players backfill their 5* roster these days? Not snark; I really have no idea what that experience is.
    For me personally, who plays top 100-200 pve in cl10, and rarely goes past 500 points in pvp, I can more or less keep pace with the 5* releases (especially if decide to grind a few pve events for top 50). But I have made very little progress on any non-meta classic 5*s over the last 2 years. for example, my OML was 2/4/0 two years ago, and is 2/5/0 now. To be fair, I depriortize those characters as I have the key classic 5*s champed already and and save my resources for keeping up with the release schedule. Still, it suggests to me that a relatively new f2p player would have to play competitively in pve and pvp to get enough cp to catch the new releases and make progress on the classics.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Your assumption is that majority of new players want to champ all 4* and 5* characters. But this is not true. Champing all characters and min-max are goals of a small group of players. My goal in MPQ was never about champing all characters, but due to the way I play, I managed to champ 30? 5*, including all those Classics like OML, even though I have zero plan to champ him. 

If a player plays casually or doesn't play competitively, they should set a realistic goal, rather than try to achieve something within an impossible timeframe. For example, you rarely go past 500 points in pvp. So, let's see what rewards you'll miss out per pvp:

4* shards x 500
    4* cover x 1
    Mighty x 1
    Hero Points x 160
    3* cover x 1
    PvP token x 1
    Command Points x 18

Assuming 150 pvps in a year, you miss out:

1) 24,000 hp
    2) 75,000 4* shards
    3) 150 Mighty Tokens/3* cover/4* cover/PvP token
    4) 2700 cps, which is equivalent to 108 LT/special store pulls or 135 Classic Pulls (or ~19 5* covers).

As you can see, these rewards add up.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    I don't disagree with your math hound, and i definitely miss out on lots of rewards bynnot playing pvp much. That's a choice I make to avoid burnout and to feel like mpq's schedule is not driving my life. I didn't intend for my post to sound like whining or complaining. I was just providing context for my opinions.
    Nor did I suggest that every new player could or should want to fill out their roster. I was just asking about the experience of those f2p players who started recently and do want to build out their classic roster. U dont have that experience personally and as a thought experiement it seems like a big challenge, but maybe just barely possible with a lot of grinding. Are you really suggesting that *no* new players could or should care about backfilling their 5* bench?