am i alone in thinking this

Comments

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I would like to see some of the one off PVE events brought back. There were ones for the release of Ant Man, one of the Hulks (Cho, I think) and Coulson. Also, there were ones for the Guardians of the Galaxy that were put together to create a new event. The Coulson event hinted at the end that there would be more to follow which suggested it would form the first sub of a new event. Maybe the one off events could be run together as the subs of a miscellaneous event.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I can’t imagine since I never got a chance to play at SCL 10, but I would think the 7 day Prodigal Sun with Sentry if they put him in the CN would have been a huge pain back then 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    In Prodigal Sun the enemies were mostly the 3* heroes, not villains.  I think Sentry did pop up once or twice, but it was a much harder PvE in general.  The heroes were way way better than the 2* Daken/Bullseye/Moonstone crew that populated every other PvE.  It was kind of like a proto-simulator.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2022
    Prodigal Sun, The Hulk, Enemy of the State…The Gauntlet(!)

ah, the good ole days. I think these events would be welcome nostalgia bait anymore.

I believe they would welcomed back in good spirits. Crazy to think how long this game has been around let alone how long it’s been since events such as these have run.

*Though CL10 didn’t exist then, If I remember correctly the last CL9 reward was something like 37 Command Points* Less overall than a 3+4 day event, but what a sense of accomplishment! (I’m sure they could adjust that to modern standards, hint hint @IceIX)
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Glockoma said:
    Prodigal Sun, The Hulk, Enemy of the State…The Gauntlet(!)

Don't forget Iso-8 Brotherhood.

And I miss the Gauntlet. The very first Gauntlet I was able to complete was the last one they ran. I remember getting that 4* Luke Cage cover and feeling like a million bucks.

*Though CL10 didn’t exist then, If I remember correctly the last CL9 reward was something like 37 Command Points* Less overall than a 3+4 day event, but what a sense of accomplishment! (I’m sure they could adjust that to modern standards, hint hint @IceIX)
    The general unproven theory among the playerbase (and one I believe has plenty of credit) is that the devs either don't know or don't want to give out double sharts for 7-day events. Whether that is 500 sharts for a single 5* character, or 250 sharts for two different 5* characters. Which is why we've never had 7-day events since sharts and CL10 were introduced, and likely never will again.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I read that a player still can get full progression even if they skipped the first 3 or 4 days of a 7-days pve. If this is true, this is probably the reason why they haven't updated scl 10 yet. 

They could increase the score needed in such a way that players have to play 6 out of 7 days to get full progression, but I'm not sure if this will go well with the players.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I read that a player still can get full progression even if they skipped the first 3 or 4 days of a 7-days pve. If this is true, this is probably the reason why they haven't updated scl 10 yet. 

They could increase the score needed in such a way that players have to play 6 out of 7 days to get full progression, but I'm not sure if this will go well with the players.

I fell asleep during my final clears of pve thismorning (did the final hits on the easy nodes and no final hits on any other node lol). Luckily I had enough points for progression.  

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Giving half a cover for a vintage and a new release does seem the optimal (player facing) solution to 5* release events to me.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022

You are correct. You could skip the first 2 days and still reach progression because I always did it to get into easier brackets. You might have been able to skip 3 days if you played the final 4 close to optimally.
    All they really need to do is break those 7 day events into a 3 and 4 day event and run them back-2-back so you complete the story line.
    My guess is the reason they don't is that other than Enemy of the State, the rest just featured the same old battles (Dark Avengers, ISO 8 Goons) that we mostly complain about now. On the other hand, many of the remaining PvE story lines don't make as much sense without those events (Enemy of the State led into Hearts of Darkness, Prodigal Sun/The Hulk went with the Hunt and some other PvE events as part of the formation of the Dark Avengers).
    KGB
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m nostalgic for the Hood. Back in 2014, I played 3*Thor & Hood in all PVP and PVE events and …….. consistently ranked #1! In pick-3, I added 3*Spiderman for the perfect team. With AP stealing, protects, stuns and big hits, they could take on anything. 

Those were my glory days where I dominated everything, but I got burned out and quit a month later.  When I returned after 9 months off I lost my dominance and never got it back again. I’ve wished for a 5* AP stealing machine like him. (Abby doesn’t count)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the confirmation. It should be skipping 2 or 3 days to get full progression.

If they break those 7 day events into 3 and 4 days events, then how does it differ from other 3/4days events? The draw of 7-day event is playing continuously for 7-days, and watching players drop out of the race due to real life events.  >:)
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    We can get really nostalgic and all that, and it's great but I think ultimately what it actually settles it is the amount of people playing.
    I love simulator but on the brackets it can be seen how many people is playing.
    And thick as thieves kind of bores me but the brackets go wild when is running.
    So sadly the conclusion is that players just want easy and quick and full of rewards pves.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the confirmation. It should be skipping 2 or 3 days to get full progression.

If they break those 7 day events into 3 and 4 days events, then how does it differ from other 3/4days events? The draw of 7-day event is playing continuously for 7-days, and watching players drop out of the race due to real life events.  >:)
    The main reason people liked Enemy of the State was because it absolutely rained tokens over those 7 days. The others not so much and the effort required to obtain a 3* Hulk cover in his one could probably be described in modern terms as "oh really, how much?!?!?? No."
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2022
    Initially the rewards weren’t 200% of a regular event, but at some point they doubled all the progression rewards, which is when it became kind of cool when they’d run them.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/60270/updates-to-rewards-for-7-day-events-3-1-17
  • entrailbucket
    Are people actually nostalgic for these events or are they just after the increased rewards?  I don't think I know anybody that actually liked Enemy of the State, but of course I don't know everybody!

I remember a lot of people hated it because it locked out all Wolverines, and Wolverines were often the best character.  A lot of people really disliked the super-long ninja wave nodes too (I think one had 6 or 7 waves?).
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m not nostalgic for the same events repeated ad nauseum for years. I would be happy if they introduced new events but skipped the new artwork and story. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    Locking out Wolverine was a major deal. Even with my 2 cover yellow OML I was "Nooooooooooo!"for like 2 days or so.

And the Kishu! That piece of ninja scum! That guy was a son of a something but now I guess we just laugh at his caltrops. Dude - we bought some boots and Quake, you need to upgrade to a bear trap or something.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2022
    All events are just reward factories. Since I’m a progression only player, PVE is like advanced DDQ regardless of what the flavor is.
  • entrailbucket
    Then just ask for new 7 day events instead of asking for the old terrible ones to come back!  They're all gone for very good reasons!
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I loved those huge waves! If you picked a poor team you could mess up your whole grind on the last 2 days.  >:)

Not that any of that would matter much today. 

I just always wish for more variety with events. They don't all have to fit exactly the same pattern on a sheet of paper.