Week 37 Apocalypse, Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme), Kitty Pryde, Okoye,

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
Golly gosh - is that the strongest line-up in a boost week ever? With 3 champed and the other reaching into the 500's this is gonna be a fun week for me! It hasn't been too often where I can play double 550 5's so this will be an interesting experience.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    4 boost list is
    Black Panther (King of Wakanda), Blob, The Hulk (Totally Awesome), The Hydra Stomper, Wasp (Janet van Dyne)
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    So we've had BRB, iHulk, Kitty Apoc and Okoye boosted in a 2 week span. Who do we think will be boosted nextweek? Th5r, Wanda and Colossus?  

--

As for this week, I'll be using Apoc and Kitty most likely.  

--

Interesting that all the 4s use countdowns.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Thor will also be boosted during HoD for part of this week.  I'm thinking Okoye, Dr Strange, Thor will be pretty quick.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they ran this during the anniversary too?  It's a way, way better idea to stack up all the good characters in one big week of chaos than to let them dominate individual weeks. 

Also Dr Strange.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I hate this week! Battles are a joke. The game plays too fast , playing time is 50% of regular. If my meta characters were always this level I’d quit out of boredom , or possibly play drunk or use a significant amount of drugs to lower my IQ to 50. I had one level 500 battle won in one move due to cascade . 
  • DAZ0273
    edited January 2022
    I have been running Apoc/Kitty in Blade's PvP because it is the ideal PvP for her to buff and Circuit Break and Apoc is there to clean up but I am actually interested in running my champ Strange with Okoye (not champed but boosted past 500) and seeing what that does to Strange's zap. He is probably too squishy for PvP I suspect though but it will be a change of pace.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    5trange could benefit more from Strang3’s passive healing than his own yellow active in my opinion. He has boosted 3* health by default.
  • DAZ0273
    Yeah definitely - the burst heal really would benefit him. I haven't had him champed very long though so this is his first time boosted so I might as well try him out even if he is a bit of a bullseye on the chest.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    5star strange has too much budget gone into his pink.  

(Buff 5star strange please)
  • entrailbucket
    Strange had to have really low health because he was impossible to deal with in his era.  If you have to cast powers to do damage, a guy who punishes you for casting powers is a nightmare to deal with.

In a passive metagame, the guy who punishes active abilities is pretty bad regardless of health 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Yeah he is definitely from a bygone era. Maybe we will see a refresh when Strange 2 comes out, if not a straight up replacement second version?
  • entrailbucket
    Yeah he is definitely from a bygone era. Maybe we will see a refresh when Strange 2 comes out, if not a straight up replacement second version?
    It's the same reason Hood has such insanely low health. 

Believe it or not, Hood was one of the best characters for awhile (before the obviously broken Sentry combo) because you had to cast stuff to win, and he could completely lock you out of casting stuff until you killed him. 

They used to balance characters with overpowered passives by giving them really low health, or other downsides.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Thor will also be boosted during HoD for part of this week.  I'm thinking Okoye, Dr Strange, Thor will be pretty quick.
    Oh yeah....  it is.  :)  Two enemy abilities were cast, and Strange passive and Okoye's boost (even with only 4 Team up AP) took out a LVL 445 muscle with room to spare.

The only problem is getting Thor down to half health!  Talk about first world MPQ problems...
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    My usual method of getting Thor to half (run him through trivial nodes with Thano5) did not do it even with a 4 wave node in there. Had to retreat twice to get him to 60k health.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I used to keep an iHulk/Thano5/Thor team saved for that purpose, but I dropped it awhile back. I just did a join/retreat about 6-8 times on an easy node to get him down to half this time.
  • ThaRoadWarrior

Believe it or not, Hood was one of the best characters for awhile (before the obviously broken Sentry combo) because you had to cast stuff to win, and he could completely lock you out of casting stuff until you killed him. 

They used to balance characters with overpowered passives by giving them really low health, or other downsides.
    Hood would be great with Danver5 and Polaris if the hard turn end on his yellow were removed. Hard to imagine a 3* getting rebalanced at this point, but 1* spider-man got an adjustment so stranger things have happened…
  • DAZ0273
    Doc Strange zap boosted is actually pretty nice!
  • entrailbucket

Hood would be great with Danver5 and Polaris if the hard turn end on his yellow were removed. Hard to imagine a 3* getting rebalanced at this point, but 1* spider-man got an adjustment so stranger things have happened…
    I think he's only in the game at all because of the Dark Reign tie-in from the first few years.  Does he matter in the current comics universe?

I was going to say maybe someday we'll get a 5* Hood, but I don't think he's a very popular or well-known character.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2022
    I’m not up on current continuity since maybe the 90s, but I think he pops in occasionally. All it would take is him showing up in a Dr Strange movie or whatever to make him relevant here though. There were a lot of rumors that Dormammu was going to turn up in Wandavision, his hood is some kind of dormammu related artifact as I recall. I don't think it's too much of a stretch that he could pop in at some level to the current live action stuff.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor

I think he's only in the game at all because of the Dark Reign tie-in from the first few years.  Does he matter in the current comics universe?

I was going to say maybe someday we'll get a 5* Hood, but I don't think he's a very popular or well-known character.
    Enter Big Wheel :D