Would PvP be better with no meta?

Options
123457»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How do play PvP without taking points off of other players? Seed teams forever?
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you attack a player after he's shielded, he doesn't lose anything.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ah right - co-ordination.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, the point was that Hound might be called a sniper by certain players, but is doing absolutely nothing wrong.   
    I don’t know how you get that from this (lol):
    if you exclusively play very high-point matches, that actually makes *you* a sniper.  
    Playing a match that takes 60-75 points away from another player is an extremely aggressive act, and generally means that you have a particular animosity toward them.  If you don't, there'd be no need to drag someone else down like that.
    Hound, no one PMs you because no one knows who you are and you’re not on Line (to my knowledge anyway lol)!!  To be fair, it’s maybe once a season. Even rarer I also get very very occasional pms thanking me for “dumping” but the reality is I just wiped to someone whose name I didn’t read. Definitely wasn’t intentional lol.  
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In a player vs player game, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being an aggressive sniper who drags other players down.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'l rather things stay that way, and I'm not in Line anyway. But, some of you appeared in my retals before.

Anyway, It's amazing how players with different experiences and mmr see things so differently. It reminds me of this phrase: One person's rebel is another person's freedom fighter. In the case of MPQ, it's one person's sniper is another person's Narcissus(?).
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This thread should have died long ago.

i don’t think it’s wrong to strategically play for points, even if that means hitting high point targets. Calling that “sniping” is unfair since that word has a negative connotation. Watching shields, finding and hitting those people may be questionable behavior but one could also call it their strategy. 

I only take offense to people that knock you down for the fun of it. They’re not going for points themselves.  They like to see the world burn; they like being a jerk. That is the behavior I call immature and childish. 
    Getting attacked is normal, but getting attacked repeatedly by the same person, especially when shield hopping, is not acceptable IMO.