Week 36 Beta Ray Bill, Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance), Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), Hulk (Immortal)

124»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it would be complicated but we could narrow down to see what rosters those who lost to you were using. But it's too late now. 

It's possible to lose to brb/polaris even if theu are using two boosted champed 5*. All you need is one beautiful cascade and it's over for them. I was a victim of this before.  :D
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    Is anyone planning to run iHulk? What a change in status for him after Wanda was released. He became from the most feared to the most beatable in pvp ( subjected to your roster).
    After some fun running with my BRB/iHulk, I decided to target Wanda teams. In my several matches, His boost and BRB’s protection overwhelm her damage reduction. YMMV, but yes, I believe he’ll be out and about against baby champ Wanda teams.

My boosted levels of BRB/iHulk are 453/477, respectively.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    I started with brb/iHulk, and ran till I wiped out on somebody. I’ll get back in later in the event. Currently sitting at 95pts, no retals yet lol.
  • HoundofShadow
    Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences.

I got wiped by iHulk. I was playing against him/BRB and he got lucky with all his green tile placement and cascade. All of a sudden, my BRB with ~50% health got K.O. in one shot. I think I'm going to run BRB/iHulk instead because this pair looks fun. IHulk's red hits really hard and he's going to 1-shot my Ultron.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    BRB is not the best partner for Ihulk as he could place protect on green. 
    Indeed Ihulk hits like if there was an okoye.
    But he eats health packs at doble speed than unboosted and he is easy to beat as the hits I got can prove.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glockoma said:
    Is anyone planning to run iHulk? What a change in status for him after Wanda was released. He became from the most feared to the most beatable in pvp ( subjected to your roster).
    After some fun running with my BRB/iHulk, I decided to target Wanda teams. In my several matches, His boost and BRB’s protection overwhelm her damage reduction. YMMV, but yes, I believe he’ll be out and about against baby champ Wanda teams.

I'm pretty surprised by this!  SW owns him so completely, even when she's not boosted... I'd think putting him out there just paints a huge target on you.  On offense I'd imagine it's just as bad -- I don't see how Hulk can beat her at all.  Your Hulk is pretty high level though, maybe that's why he works?

I still don't understand why Hulk is the only character who got such a complete counter.  It's not a bad thing at all, in fact I wish they'd do a lot more of them.
  • HoundofShadow
    Surprisingly, there's quite a number of BRB/iHulk out there. I would say in terms of occurrences, they appear as frequently as BRB/Ghostpool. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surprisingly, there's quite a number of BRB/iHulk out there. I would say in terms of occurrences, they appear as frequently as BRB/Ghostpool. 
    They are three of the three best defensive characters in the game, so not surprised you’re seeing a ton of them on defense.

BRB can spam the board with protect tiles making him much harder to take down. And you HAVE to take him down before you can take down Hulk who will passively eat away at your health packs.   So you want to get to hulk, but need to eat through BRBs huge protected health pool first. Sounds like a nightmare to face down. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    There is also a ton of green generation happening on that team, and BRB hits hard with Scuttlebutt boosted.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    Glockoma said:

I'm pretty surprised by this!  SW owns him so completely, even when she's not boosted... I'd think putting him out there just paints a huge target on you.  On offense I'd imagine it's just as bad -- I don't see how Hulk can beat her at all.  Your Hulk is pretty high level though, maybe that's why he works?

I still don't understand why Hulk is the only character who got such a complete counter.  It's not a bad thing at all, in fact I wish they'd do a lot more of them.
    Yeah, and not to play down Wanda/Colossus as a great counter, I certainly took a vast amount of damage. But the healthpools and inherent damage output from boosted characters seem to overshadow the baby champ defensive components that team offers. 

Given you are going to eat healthpacks with iHulk teams anyway, this is just another cog in climbing.

Regardless, this is a great boost week and there are so many fun variations available for players.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    iHulk/Shang-Chi ended up being my final climb team for the Gamora PVP. I used the loaner after mine died and that way I only had to worry about keeping SC healthy. That team can beat pretty much anything, though I did avoid Wanda teams to reduce the risk.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    As much as I hate the tinykittys who do nothing but BRolaris I tried it for a few levels once I got over 600 and it was unstoppable. ( Which makes for a dull game if I don’t have to think to easily win , although it explains the ubiquitous popularity of it )
  • HoundofShadow
    While I did take quite an amount of damage from iHulk's AoE, it get lesser and lesser as BRB's protect tiles flood the board.

I used a number of teams in this pvp:

First 800 points or so
    Ultron/BRB
    BRB/iHulk
    BRB/Polaris

Past 800 Points
    BRB/Polaris
    BRB/Ghostpool
    BRB/Apocalypse

I think BRB/Apocalypse is a pretty fast team, even though Apocalypse is not boosted.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I did take quite an amount of damage from iHulk's AoE, it get lesser and lesser as BRB's protect tiles flood the board.

I used a number of teams in this pvp:

First 800 points or so
    Ultron/BRB
    BRB/iHulk
    BRB/Polaris

Past 800 Points
    BRB/Polaris
    BRB/Ghostpool
    BRB/Apocalypse

I think BRB/Apocalypse is a pretty fast team, even though Apocalypse is not boosted.
    Do you bring boosts to every fight for speed purposes? Or only the hardest ones? Out of curiosity.
  • HoundofShadow
    I use ap boosts for majority of the matches.

If it's glass cannon teams like SC, Okoye with non-iHulk etc, I won't use ap boost.  :D
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    I use ap boosts for majority of the matches.

If it's glass cannon teams like SC, Okoye with non-iHulk etc, I won't use ap boost.  :D
    Boosted BRB/Apoc are a good counter to BRB/Polaris. Especially when I boost yellow and blue ap. I still feel safer with BRB/Polaris against Ghostpool. 
  • HoundofShadow
    I used BRB/Polaris a couple times against BRB/Ghostpool because of their stuns. It's a nightmare when BRB gets his cd tile out and you are doing multihit attack and creating cascades. Your attacks get reduced to 1 and retreating could be a better option than winning that match 8 minutes later. Maybe I should team G5mora up with BRB in the next pvp because she can cover 3 active power colours and she stuns and ignores damage reducing mechanics.