Week 36 Beta Ray Bill, Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance), Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), Hulk (Immortal)

Comments

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    You can run him with C4rol/Goblin and use Goblin’s purple on black to make some bananas starter strikes that immediately buff when they appear. Odin’s will do the same
    Dude, Odin/Carol/GRRR is pretty great. At base level, GRRR has the strongest color in green. I can actually run Carol at 3/5/5 and grab the 4 AP from enemy strength matches to really get GRRR going. Odin provides the tiles and Carol can of course resolve them on command. 

Odin provides the handy defense needed to let the canons shoot. Pretty good counter to Shang-Chi/Onslaught teams as they almost always hit that Red strongest color in cascades, thus proliferating GRRR’s green. Nice suggestion brother.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve been trying pretty hard to make the most of this downgrade to Hell Ride. He is pretty tied to C4rol if you want to capitalize on it. You can swap Knull in for Odin too and it’ll ramp the strikes while dodging protects. That may come in handy on BRB boost week.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    GRRR, C4rol and Valkyrie is pretty fun. Valkyrie produces strikes and green AP for lots of Hellride tiles.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm going to use Ultron with BRB again and see whether I get hit more often in the next 3 pvps. My current record with boosted Ultron and BRB is 2 losses after shielding, 1 loss before shielding and 1 win before shielding. I'm enjoying this pair a lot in pvps.

Those teams that I attacked on my climb can't say the same.
    If there is something that I've learned on ultron's week is that if I see him on pvp no matter who is his partner, I'm going to quickly hit him like if there wasn't a tomorrow.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess you must be the one who hit me me with Archangel and Blackbolt?  >:)

For those who have Ultron champed, I recommend using him (boosted) to climb with BRB. I think some players are still haunted by the "slow" meta created by Kitty/BRB. Seeing Ultron/BRB gave them flashbacks and repelled them away. That probably explains why I hardly got hit while climbing.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:

I'm going to use Ultron with BRB again and see whether I get hit more often in the next 3 pvps. My current record with boosted Ultron and BRB is 2 losses after shielding, 1 loss before shielding and 1 win before shielding. I'm enjoying this pair a lot in pvps.

If there is something that I've learned on ultron's week is that if I see him on pvp no matter who is his partner, I'm going to quickly hit him like if there wasn't a tomorrow.
    Who do you use to hit the Ultron teams?  Thanks!
  • Bad
    SC and  SW. I don't have any other buffed.
    Daken creating red strikes makes it a bit more difficult.
  • HoundofShadow
    I remember using SC/Thor to climb and I got hit 5-6 times before I hit 1200. It's because I don't have good 5* boosted. I guess you have quite a number of retals using Wanda/SC too?
  • Bad
    When I hit 950 points the time until I raise a shield runs out crazily.
    And after that, just hopping. There are times when nobody hits me and there are times when the shield blocks 200 points.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:

Shang-Chi + Onslaught can walk that team like a dog same as they can any other team 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess you must be the one who hit me me with Archangel and Blackbolt?  >:)

For those who have Ultron champed, I recommend using him (boosted) to climb with BRB. I think some players are still haunted by the "slow" meta created by Kitty/BRB. Seeing Ultron/BRB gave them flashbacks and repelled them away. That probably explains why I hardly got hit while climbing.

That team worked well on offense. However I got hit plenty! Do you climb over 800 points often?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:

Shang-Chi + Onslaught can walk that team like a dog same as they can any other team 

They can also be LIT UP on defense, though. I should know. I climbed to 1200 primarily hitting every SC team I could find.
  • HoundofShadow
    I always hit 1200,  and usually in 20 wins.

I think you might be playing in those low scoring slices like S5, S2 and maybe S3? I can't remember whether S3 or S4 is "harder" to climb compared to other high scoring slices.

Or maybe it's due to mmr? My average mmr is high 45X. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards

I think you might be playing in those low scoring slices like S5, S2 and maybe S3? I can't remember whether S3 or S4 is "harder" to climb compared to other high scoring slices.

S2 is very low scoring.  Definitely not getting 1200 in 20 wins there (for the most part).
  • HoundofShadow
    Definitely. You will get hit repeatedly (3-4 losses per win) past 900. Those two slices are hp-eating vortex if you want to hit only 1200. However, you can get T10 there more easily.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022

I don't know what any of those S2, S5 things mean.  Kinda new to PvP.  All I know is when I try to climb everyone isn't very nice and beats me up! 😥
  • HoundofShadow
    I think I posted in the wrong week. That win/loss stat was for boosted Ultron. That explains the alternate MPQ universe.  :|

However, I'll be using Ultron with boosted BRB in the next pvp.

I play typical pvps in one sitting (~35-45 minutes), so this might not work for you.

Basically:

1) Play timeslice 1, 3 or 4.
    2) Play between 8-24 hours before the pvp ends.
    3) Defeat only opponents worth 6x-7x points, unless you can't find them, then go for 5x or 4x points opponents. This means you have to skip low points opponents until you find high point opponents. 

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards

I don't know what any of those S2, S5 things mean.  Kinda new to PvP.  All I know is when I try to climb everyone isn't very nice and beats me up! 😥

Dude, did you level your one cover 5*!??!?! Rookie mistake!!!
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022

I am only putting this here for those that are unsure about shield hopping, which I’m sure is a small percentage of people here. 

I have a similar experience to hounds, but do not have his roster so I have to shield hop to get to 1200. I usually can push to 1k pts with Shang-Chi and Valkyrie in slice 1 (either ending 4am or 4pm EST) in one sitting without shielding but if I go any higher I lose more than I gain.  So I take a 3 hour shield.  I do this with about 27 to 25 hours left. 

I then skip until I find 2 worth 70 to 75 pts but don’t have boosted characters. I wait until less than 24 hours, apply all the boosts (+2 all ap, +2 p/b, and +40 to 100% all match or critical damage), switch SC to 3/5/5, switch Valkyrie to Chavez, hit those two as quick as I can prioritizing purple then red matches, and apply an 8 hour shield. 

I then repeat the previous but usually only need 1 to hop off to get to 1200 of instead of 2. I then apply the 24 hour shield and move on to the next. Don’t worry about finding grills (those are the unboosted characters, usually Okoye/Chavez or SC/Chavez), there are lots of people hopping around that time so they’re easy to find. If I don’t find one in about 20 skips I come back in about half an hour. I haven’t been able to hop with less than 8 hours left because it gets too busy. I would not try to do 2 if I did.

I never got this to work with the Polaris meta, but others apparently do. I have only made it to 1200 without shield hopping once. I normally get to 1050 or 1100 then lose 150 pts during matches. Finally, I have trouble with this method in the off season in certain events (house of X and balance of power during the last for example).
  • HoundofShadow
    Some of those special events require slightly more wins for me too because there are more hits and players seem to shield up earlier. For example, any pvp with Carbage + strong teams as defense = tons of hits and early shield up.

I imagine if you have Colossus or Wanda champed, you should be able to climb to 1200 with SC more easily. I'm not sure if your Rogue is champed, but if she is, this team will be great against teams with red or purple as one of its strongest colours. I suppose you are still in single 5* champ territory?