Week 36 Beta Ray Bill, Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance), Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), Hulk (Immortal)

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
Strong boost week this week with sort of a theme with the two Ghosties.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    4* boosts are
    Luke Cage (Power Man), Misty Knight, Moon Knight, Red Hulk, Venom (Eddie Brock)

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    BRB should make quick work of iHulk teams.

Deadpool is always fun to use and has 3 good damage powers.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems like all four 5* boosted are non-humans, if we were to based it on external appearances alone.

I'm going to use Ultron with BRB again and see whether I get hit more often in the next 3 pvps. My current record with boosted Ultron and BRB is 2 losses after shielding, 1 loss before shielding and 1 win before shielding. I'm enjoying this pair a lot in pvps.

Ghostpool is cool too but I wonder what the build is for those of you planning to use him. For me, it's either 5/5/3 or 3/5/5.

I used to team Carbage and Eddie Brock so that Carbage's passive match damage won't get disrupted easily. Mantis might be good to go with this team.

Moon Knight is also pretty good. I like the random passive ability at the start of the game and his green hits really hard even unboosted.
  • DAZ0273
    Am I right in thinking you can play the two Ghosties together? I can't really think of any compelling reason to do so though apart from it looking cool.
    Moon Knight is very nice boosted. Red Hulk might be useful for his purple green steal which could help keep enemy green in check and he is quite beefy health wise even if he is otherwise outdated. Luke and Misty have some fortification synergy that might work out nicely, especially as she can create attack tiles for Luke to fortify also and he can create protect tiles for her to do likewise. I would like to play that team but I wont have the MMR sadly.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can run both Ghost Rider’s together as well as Ghostpool if you are so inclined, that happened with the rebalance. It isn’t too useful to do so though.

I think we will see a lot of BRB teams; probably with Hulk for an additional green feed.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosted BRB is a welcome sight for PVE.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will run BRB and ghostpool. Finally a comfortable week and SC will take a rest.
    I use to play often ghostpool. Always in 5/4/4 in order to get the 2 turns stun on abyssal blades.
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    For all one event he’ll be boosted for. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh.  Is that it?  I was hoping for two.  Oh well.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 550 Critical Contributor
    I’ll run double ghosts. Too good lookin not to rock that. But overall a Solid boost week.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2022
    Ugh.  Is that it?  I was hoping for two.  Oh well.
    This weekend's Boss Event negates the one of the two.
  • Glockoma
    Speaking of which, been trying to get a pick-2 of GRRR and Hawkeye to work together but it is very slow. Any other great partners for GRRR?
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that team needs someone else who can make countdowns quickly/passively, or can generate a pile of free greens to start that engine moving.

I'm not sure who works with Robbie.  Anyone who can give him black AP would be a very good partner because that ability hits crazy hard. I don't know how you'd build around the other two powers.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    Half-Thor would obviously generate lots of Green and Red for Robbie and make it easier for you to match Black.
    KGB
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking that too, but if you intend to use Robbie's green, then Thor messes that up pretty bad.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2022
    4* Carol is good with him now. 
    Dr 5trange makes the rainbow on colors, and Abigail Brand, the only 5*s with blue/yellow/purple.

with his new match damage you could use Sighclops to pump him up, or you could lean into cascade generation and go with Onslaught or Profe$$or X. Just depends on which build you like for him 5/3/5 or 3/5/5

pre-(what are we calling a mixed bag boost/nerf?) he was great at covering for Thor and gathering green/red/black with Hell Ride, but now he probably wants to be 3/5/5 if Thor is there.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I’m just amazed I have 3 of the 4 champed with only 7 total champed . I’ve never had this many options 
  • Glockoma
    4* Carol is good with him now. 
    Dr 5trange makes the rainbow on colors, and Abigail Brand, the only 5*s with blue/yellow/purple.

with his new match damage you could use Sighclops to pump him up, or you could lean into cascade generation and go with Onslaught or Profe$$or X. Just depends on which build you like for him 5/3/5 or 3/5/5

pre-(what are we calling a mixed bag boost/nerf?) he was great at covering for Thor and gathering green/red/black with Hell Ride, but now he probably wants to be 3/5/5 if Thor is there.
    Been having a bit of success with GRRR/Hawkeye/Odin and GRRR/4* Carol/BRB

The BRB/Carol setup is pretty fun. Your kept flush with green, protects from the get go to boost and stay healthy with Carol, and another cd tile to proc her passive.

The Odin/Hawkeye is decent as well. Fortifications occur early on for Odin with Hawkeye’s passive, though it can be slow to accumulate the 9AP for GRRR to do what I’m trying to get him to do. 

The problem overall is the Hawkeye/GRRR combo are glass canons. Needs protection to get going.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    You can run him with C4rol/Goblin and use Goblin’s purple on black to make some bananas starter strikes that immediately buff when they appear. Odin’s will do the same
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022

I'm going to use Ultron with BRB again and see whether I get hit more often in the next 3 pvps. My current record with boosted Ultron and BRB is 2 losses after shielding, 1 loss before shielding and 1 win before shielding. I'm enjoying this pair a lot in pvps.

I'd like to try playing in that alternate MPQ universe you are playing in!

For context my Ultron was boosted to 580 & my BRB is at 467.