Need advice: Shang-Chi or BRB?

12346»

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell said:
    SC is the one character that makes me finally leave 4* land.

If he is doing challenge nodes a 3/1/4 or whatever entrailbucket has him at you probably don’t need to champ him at all. 
  • Sekilicious
    edited November 2021
    Purple at 
    3 cover give you a max of 3 charged tiles
    4 cover 5 charged tiles
    5 cover 8 charged tiles

Scenario 1
    The difference between 3 and 5 blue cover is 1780 damage at 10 combo points, or 5340 damage per match-3 at 10 combo points.

Scenario 1a:
    Using red critical match-3 with 10 combo points as an example, 

At 3 cover, he deals (3580+992)x 3 x 4.5= 61,722 damage

At 5 cover,  he deals (5360+992)x 3 x 4.5= 85, 752 damage.

So, the difference is 24, 030 damage.

Scenario 2
    Since 5 purple gives you guaranteed charged critical match-3 compared to 3/8  probability with 3 purple cover, 

Your charged red critical red match-3 will deal ((3580+992) x 3 + (3580+992) + (3580+992) x 3) x 4.5 = 144, 018 damage, which is about 68% more damage than a normal crit match-3.

Actually, it's quite difficult to give a definite build for him because he's just that flexible. If you find yourself using purple frequently, then you want to max his purple. If you find yourself making normal matches more frequently, than 5 in his blue would be better. Of course, if you are not playing SCL 10, 5 purple looks like an overkill unless you are dealing with Wanda/Colossus or anyone with match damage reduction. Another way to guide you is to look at the healthpoint of your opponents. Are their hp around 80k or 144k? 80k = 5 blue, more than 100k = 5 purple. Another factor depends on your average combo points that you can maintain per match. If you can maintain about 5, then 5 purple will be good.
    What are the damage benefits of running him at 3/5/5? Nevermind. Using your numbers I got 200,088 consistently dealt without rng screwing with you. Maybe that’s overkill at the cost of flexibility. Incidentally, at 5/3/5 the damage range would be between 85,752 and 200,088 depending on rng. At 4/4/5 there would be less flexibility and less rng for maximum damage. 
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2021
    Couple of questions regarding Shang Chi if you don't mind me asking:

- what's the best support for him?
    - (since he has the Iron Man Civil War allegiance) has anyone tried 5* Iron Man with him? If so, how good is this team?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Deadpool Chimichanga is the best because you get 2 bonus purple or  red aps at a certain %. Supports that give strongest colour based on whatever conditions are good. Alternatively, Supports that pump his critical multiplier should be good.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    Couple of questions regarding Shang Chi if you don't mind me asking:

- what's the best support for him?
    - (since he has the Iron Man Civil War allegiance) has anyone tried 5* Iron Man with him? If so, how good is this team?

Iron Man only cares about his team members for his red power, which you'd never cast with Shang-Chi there. 

Iron Man's blue would probably be good in that team, maybe very good, but unfortunately he brings nothing else to the table.  I'd rather have Cyclops or Loki or Hulkbuster or any number of other guys.
  • trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Purple at 
    3 cover give you a max of 3 charged tiles
    4 cover 5 charged tiles
    5 cover 8 charged tiles

Scenario 1
    The difference between 3 and 5 blue cover is 1780 damage at 10 combo points, or 5340 damage per match-3 at 10 combo points.

Scenario 1a:
    Using red critical match-3 with 10 combo points as an example, 

At 3 cover, he deals (3580+992)x 3 x 4.5= 61,722 damage

At 5 cover,  he deals (5360+992)x 3 x 4.5= 85, 752 damage.

So, the difference is 24, 030 damage.

Scenario 2
    Since 5 purple gives you guaranteed charged critical match-3 compared to 3/8  probability with 3 purple cover, 

Your charged red critical red match-3 will deal ((3580+992) x 3 + (3580+992) + (3580+992) x 3) x 4.5 = 144, 018 damage, which is about 68% more damage than a normal crit match-3.

Actually, it's quite difficult to give a definite build for him because he's just that flexible. If you find yourself using purple frequently, then you want to max his purple. If you find yourself making normal matches more frequently, than 5 in his blue would be better. Of course, if you are not playing SCL 10, 5 purple looks like an overkill unless you are dealing with Wanda/Colossus or anyone with match damage reduction. Another way to guide you is to look at the healthpoint of your opponents. Are their hp around 80k or 144k? 80k = 5 blue, more than 100k = 5 purple. Another factor depends on your average combo points that you can maintain per match. If you can maintain about 5, then 5 purple will be good.
    This was helpful. Look like 5/5/3 might be the better option given these numbers, but I could see the case for 4/4/5 or 3/5/5. Will try both all and see what I like. 
  • entrailbucket
    My advice would be to set purple to 5 always, then test his red power at 3, 4, and 5 and see which you like best.  Set blue to whatever's left. 

Everyone will probably have a different preference for red so you'll have to try out different values to find yours.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Running SC, 5* hawkeye and 4* starlord in PvE. Its ridiculously good fun. I'm only on 8 covers for hawkeye as well, so imagine a champed one would be ridiculous 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Running SC, 5* hawkeye and 4* starlord in PvE. Its ridiculously good fun. I'm only on 8 covers for hawkeye as well, so imagine a champed one would be ridiculous 
    Has anyone tried H5wkeye, Coulson, and SC? I just recently champed Hawkeye so I don't know how to use him yet, really.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    My advice would be to set purple to 5 always, then test his red power at 3, 4, and 5 and see which you like best.  Set blue to whatever's left. 

Everyone will probably have a different preference for red so you'll have to try out different values to find yours.
    My covers fell to 5/1/1 and I can honestly say, the 5 in Red is more often a waste then not. Running him with 5* Thor, I'm not usually at a loss for red ap so I'll use SC red to make a match and use the remaining tiles to randomly blow something else up. I think his best build is probably 3/5/5. I genuinely think his red is his worst power (keep in mind, I didn't say it was a BAD power, just not as good as the other 2). RNG kinda screwed me on this one.
  • entrailbucket
    Anon said:

My covers fell to 5/1/1 and I can honestly say, the 5 in Red is more often a waste then not. Running him with 5* Thor, I'm not usually at a loss for red ap so I'll use SC red to make a match and use the remaining tiles to randomly blow something else up. I think his best build is probably 3/5/5. I genuinely think his red is his worst power (keep in mind, I didn't say it was a BAD power, just not as good as the other 2). RNG kinda screwed me on this one.
    See, when I went from 3 to 4 covers I found it even easier to keep the combo going.  At first it was slower, but after some practice I found the extra tile helpful.

I think I might even want to go to 5 (still one cover short of champion right now).

On his purple power: don't forget that in addition to the damage, charged tiles generate triple AP in any color, not just in red/purple.  You're probably going to bring teammates who can do boardshake or manipulation to keep the combo going, so an extra charged tile in yellow or black might keep the combo going just as much as red or purple.
  • Sekilicious
    Mine is still 3/0/3. The extra tile destruction would have been useful when trying to go winfinite with Nightcrawler as sometimes I could get a good match but just wanted to use the extra to destroy tiles that I did not have a power for. 
  • entrailbucket
    It's going to be different for everyone though.  I don't think there is one definitive best build, because everyone's brain works differently and he's very effective no matter how his red is set.
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I champed SC today, had him at 5/3/5. Moved him to 5/5/3…in SCL 10 he is amazing…can do work in PVP but don’t leave him up. He is a game changer, but not sure who to put him with. Have a champed 5 Switch…she works well…but he is a monster.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler

That's the beauty of shang chi, there is no best build for him. 
    I have experimented with all settings and settled on 535.
    He's can still hit well over 100k dmg with just 3.
    Shuris lab is a great support to use too

• Sekilicious
    edited November 2021
    So this topic is obviously dead, but I just got BRB to 10 covers (4/3/3) thanks to Throg hitting lvl 280 and 130 shards (from milestones) from champing Winter Soldier. With Kitty fully covered, Apocalypse also at 10 (5/2/3), and SC at 6 (3/0/3) and about to be targeted I’m not too far from being a full time 5* player with good characters for both PvE and PvP. I’m pretty excited.