Week 23 Boosted List: Electro, Killmonger, Magneto (Age of Apocalypse), Ronan

13»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is nothing, absolutely nothing, more satisfying than stomping on 550 meta characters with mediocre boosted 5*.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    There is nothing, absolutely nothing, more satisfying than stomping on 550 meta characters with mediocre boosted 5*.
    It’s funny. I read a post on Reddit a while back where the op suggested that having 8 550 meta characters was the result of about 6 years hoarding and optimal targeting in LL.  Yet here you are with an equivalent roster, fewer meta at 550 but all 500+, with a similar timeline but with a decidedly unoptimizable opening strategy. Goes to show that multiple strategies can result in a similar high level of play. 

But I agree, skipping characters with boosts is probably a bad idea. Road Warrior probably has the current optimal approach. Well, for my position anyways. Though perhaps not everyone agrees.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    They gave Electro extra PvEs after skipping her for Shang-Chi correct?
  • entrailbucket
    It’s funny. I read a post on Reddit a while back where the op suggested that having 8 550 meta characters was the result of about 6 years hoarding and optimal targeting in LL.  Yet here you are with an equivalent roster, fewer meta at 550 but all 500+, with a similar timeline but with a decidedly unoptimizable opening strategy. Goes to show that multiple strategies can result in a similar high level of play. 

But I agree, skipping characters with boosts is probably a bad idea. Road Warrior probably has the current optimal approach. Well, for my position anyways. Though perhaps not everyone agrees.
    I was using my 450-ish (pre-boost) Ronan/Electro combo, so it's not even about having high-level guys!

I think the game hides 550 meta characters from most of the other people who post here, so you may not be able to experience the same sort of thing. 

A few of the old bad 5* can't beat maxed out meta characters even when they're boosted, but almost every recent 5* turns into an absolute monster when boosted +100 levels. 

Ronan and Electro are not characters I'd ever reach for when not boosted, but with the boost, Ronan's CD tile goes off for almost 70,000 damage, and Electro's black hits for 100k if you meet the condition.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    To answer my own question,

Assuming you put Gamora and Ronan together against character A, B and C...

Ronan's CD targets A. Ronan will deal 100% extra match damage to A but his match damage against B and C will be reduced by 30%. So, Ronan will deal 200%/70%/70% match damage against A, B and C respectively.

However, when Gamora's yellow repeater is out, Ronan's 30% penalty against B and C will cease to work, that is to say, his match damage will be back to normal. Thus, his match damage % will be 200/100/100 against A, B and C respectively.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    To answer my own question,

Assuming you put Gamora and Ronan together against character A, B and C...

Ronan's CD targets A. Ronan will deal 100% extra match damage to A but his match damage against B and C will be reduced by 30%. So, Ronan will deal 200%/70%/70% match damage against A, B and C respectively.

However, when Gamora's yellow repeater is out, Ronan's 30% penalty against B and C will cease to work, that is to say, his match damage will be back to normal. Thus, his match damage % will be 200/100/100 against A, B and C respectively.

To play devils advocate. What would the maths be if you used Cycl5ps yellow a few times before Gam5ras ?  @houndofshadow
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure if I get your question right, but let's start with this first:

Cyclops adds the damage increment to allies' base damage and the increment is reflected immediately.

Since his max damage increment to his allies is 300%, 450 Ronan's black match damage would be 968x4=3872. A match 3 would be 11, 616.

When Ronan's cd is out,

The target will receive 11,616 x 2 = 23,232 from black match damage.

Non-target will receive 11,616 x .7 = 8131 from black match damage. 

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    The increase is 75% per cast though right? So the ap investment is pretty crazy.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've noticed that Killmonger's repatriation seems to get confused if there are too many cascades involved, and it won't always fire off for damage, which is really unfortunate.

I've also noticed that trying to use this team in the un-boosted Simulator is like trying to have fun with Heimdall in simulator. Some characters are a revelation when boosted, and a total wet noodle at base level lol.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are times when KM power can be deceiving as he just takes 4 red. In huge cascades KM will damage at the end, if he survives. Also the opponent can collect red in that cascade so it's hard to follow.
    When unboosted sometimes it just doesn't worths to take the damage for only 40k damage retaliation.
    However KM didn't had characters such as WanCol when he was released.
    Although the WanCol meta could be suffering soon.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Cascades have always been troublesome for certain powers unfortunately.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    There really isn't a downside on that though, because if the cascade passes the threshold it will feed into his red and force crit tiles on the board on the next turn.
    If you don't get the black proc you will most likely get a red fire and set up a potential black proc on the next turn.
    The two powers feed into each other pretty well which makes him so dangerous when he is boosted.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021

I've also noticed that trying to use this team in the un-boosted Simulator is like trying to have fun with Heimdall in simulator. Some characters are a revelation when boosted, and a total wet noodle at base level lol.
    Killmonger is still usable unboosted.

You will need someone to prevent the damage if you're planning on letting the AI match crits, I usually bring Mr. Sinister along as he likes KM's trap for his blue power. I guess Odin could do the same (ugh, havent tried it out yet).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    sinnerjfl said:

Killmonger is still usable unboosted.

You will need someone to prevent the damage if you're planning on letting the AI match crits, I usually bring Mr. Sinister along as he likes KM's trap for his blue power. I guess Odin could do the same (ugh, havent tried it out yet).
    My meaning was that unboosted, Ronan/Killmonger as a team aren’t anything approaching the terror they are when boosted together, not that KM is unusable. Crits are always in style.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am in awe at the boosted Electro/Ronan melting through everything like a hot knife on butter.  I don't have a champed KM so imagine he might be even better but this is definitely a revelation at how these characters could actually work rather than when they sit at 455ish.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Just for the record, Colossus does help Ronan/Killmonger in simulator, but the damage changes to Ronan’s repeaters having time to breathe. Truly an obscene amount of damage once they proliferate. Odin, if champed, doesn’t help because his threshold is too high.
  • entrailbucket
    I am in awe at the boosted Electro/Ronan melting through everything like a hot knife on butter.  I don't have a champed KM so imagine he might be even better but this is definitely a revelation at how these characters could actually work rather than when they sit at 455ish.
    That's what I'm using, at about those levels, and it's absolute insanity!  Electro (at 450ish pre-boost) can almost oneshot a 550 SW or Colossus.