Week 23 Boosted List: Electro, Killmonger, Magneto (Age of Apocalypse), Ronan

entrailbucket
entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
Finally a normal boost list, and hopefully a week of normal events!

Since Electro and Ronan are relatively new, I bet they'll show up more often.  I'm looking forward to trying them out.  Killmonger remains one of the better boosted characters.  And Magneto...well, the other guys are pretty good!

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am happy that I have all boosted 5* champ! But it’s probably going to be a toss up between electro, Ronan and killmonger. 

Will these 3 be sufficient to hold up against Colossus-SW? We should see. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    A fairly bad week for me with no champs and none of them that well covered but I do like how they have given Electro a range of villain buddies to play with on her boost week.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Electro and Ronan almost have rainbow coverage. Putting Ronan out means Kitty dishing free damage and gaining free ap every turn. Colossus/Wanda will be annihilated by Ronan quickly once his passive goes off, unless you brought your Wanda or whoever triggers passive damage, then it will reduce Ronan's cd damage by 40%. Therefore, anyone who brings Colossus/Wanda against Ronan is suicidal. Even if you were to win, you are guaranteed to use 2 healthpacks every match. 

Some numbers for Ronan @ 569:
    57k damage from his countdown tile. 
    194k hp
    26k damage + 13k damage from his red
    4288 damage per repeater

I think we'll see a lot of Ronans. If you are not using Kitty to quickly counter him,  you are going to eat heavy damage. It could be enough to down many non-boosted baby champed 5*.

I'm not sure if Ronan + Killmonger damage increase will stack. If it does, it's an extra 250% match damage increase on enemy's strongest colour. I wonder if Killmonger's bug has been fixed.

Ronan + Colossus/Electro/Killmonger will be good.

On the 4* side of things, nothing's interesting except for SpiderGwen or Nightcrawler. SpiderGwen + Antivenom might be nice for a web team but they have overlap in red and purple active powers.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor

I'm not sure if Ronan + Killmonger damage increase will stack. If it does, it's an extra 250% match damage increase on enemy's strongest colour. I wonder if Killmonger's bug has been fixed.

@HoundofShadow

What is Killmongers bug?  Last I checked his bonus damage was working correctly. Getting bonus match dmg vs enemies' strongest colour. So Kitty yellow, okoye black, Adam yellow, Apoc Black etc. 

And I did the maths previously, the bonus match dmg was working correctly with other methods of increasing match damage. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless the required character in PVP has a mechanism for blue generation to power the Ronan machine fast enough, I don't think he is going to be quite as dominant as we might like him to be due to just being slow. Nightcrawler may be an interesting option there actually, but if you're in a 5* MMR he probably won't hold up too well. PVP might be anther story though - in that scenario I highly recommend Heimdall/Ronan/Goblin for a fun team.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2021
    Enemy strongest colour always means enemy team's strongest colour. If the enemy team consists of Colossus/Wanda/Apocalypse, the enemy strongest colour is yellow, not yellow, purple and black. So, if his power were working correctly, everytime you make a yellow match against any one of them, your match damage increases by 150%.

The way Killmonger's match damage is working currently is referring to target's strongest colour. 

That's the bug.
  • entrailbucket
    I think it's just not consistently worded.  Deadpool's passive works the same way -- it changes color based on who you're targeting.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2021
    Deadpool's wording uses "target's strongest colour", not enemy's strongest colour.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    In fact there is a bug because if you tap KM passive it will say the strongest enemy team color has the 150% and it can be true or not depending of the target's stronger color.
    Now the question could be where is the bug, in saying the strongest team color or if applying to the target's color as it's doing now.
    On things like that iindeed t's a mistery how gamora's yellow will work.

About this week it's odd there are no classic characters buffed, and electro taking her chance to soon after leaving LL.
    For magneto having a chance on being used, he should be buffed together with BRB( and possibly prior to that, players had to be pulling him).
    I have the hope that one day he will be buffed together along wasp, banner and ultron, and then I would be glad to use my 461 lev magneto. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited October 2021
    Man I wish Magneto could get rebalanced to be "good." Making it so his blue converted green to yellow every turn he is airborne, and/or to have his red repeaters continue to tick while airborne, would go such a long way. Mine is 458 and I so rarely use him on purpose.
  • HoundofShadow
    Does anyone know who else has not been in the boosted week yet? I remember someone tracking it but I can't remember which thread it is in.

With Electro released, Mehneto is pretty sick against Juggernaut and Hulkoye. Collect blue and unleashed the air assault. This is probably the fastest you can go with him.
  • DAZ0273
    Does anyone know who else has not been in the boosted week yet? I remember someone tracking it but I can't remember which thread it is in.

With Electro released, Mehneto is pretty sick against Juggernaut and Hulkoye. Collect blue and unleashed the air assault. This is probably the fastest you can go with him.

All eligible 5's (i.e. not in latest 3) have now had at least one turn boosted with Electro being the fastest turnaround yet after joining Classics. With the next 5 moving to classics being weeks off we are now guaranteed a period of repeat boosted 5*, so the pattern (if there ever was one) is now anybodies guess.

• HoundofShadow
    Thank you.

Anything goes now. Enjoy the mystery.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Makes you wonder if they will ever double boost 4s so they can compete with 5s
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Srheer0 said:
    Makes you wonder if they will ever double boost 4s so they can compete with 5s
    Can you imagine the fury if they double boosted Polaris and Grocket on the same week? 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 558 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2021
    my new favourite team is Killmonger/Colossus/American Chavez against tile movers.

when Killmonger is boosted? well, that's just peachy.
  • entrailbucket
    If Killmonger was just a *tiny* bit better, he'd be right there in the top tier of characters. I think his purple ability needs the help, it's not like it's awful though.

As it stands, at least he's great when he's boosted.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    The problem as I see it is that he is all about crit retaliation, and has no means of mitigating the buck wild damage modern 5s do when matching a crit. Otherwise he is great.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 558 Critical Contributor
    The problem as I see it is that he is all about crit retaliation, and has no means of mitigating the buck wild damage modern 5s do when matching a crit. Otherwise he is great.
    yea - that's why Colossus/Chavez are great partners with him! do it.
  • DAZ0273
    In my MMR so far it seems teams are pretty light on having these guys champed but I guess that will change the deeper I go in Angel's PvP.