Week 23 Boosted List: Electro, Killmonger, Magneto (Age of Apocalypse), Ronan

Options

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I’ve been high on killmonger since his release. He works really well as a third for a lot of teams.
    he doesn’t need a lot to get going and sticking him with america can really punish the other teams.
    his purple is pretty mediocre.
    but that black and red work really well together.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's going to be really nice to get back to regular stuff, after what feels like an entire month of unboosted/offseason events.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    In my MMR so far it seems teams are pretty light on having these guys champed but I guess that will change the deeper I go in Angel's PvP.

The same way in mine. I have Electro champed and having fun using her so far. But I've seen a handful of Ronan/Killmonger teams and a few Electro or Magneto teams.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ronan is the bee's knees, or the cat's meow if you prefer mammals.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ronan's passive become completely unbalanced when he's boosted. Unstoppable 60k every 3 turns? This is not fun at all, ****.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Ronan's passive become completely unbalanced when he's boosted. Unstoppable 60k every 3 turns? This is not fun at all, ****.
    Noticed as well, teamed with a damage booster he’s pretty amazing this week . He one punches almost everyone .
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    Plus he hits right through the SW/Colossus defensive powers!  It's awesome.

Don't skip any 5*, or you'll regret it when they're boosted.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is Kitty not the answer to stopping Ronan's passive?

• entrailbucket
    Options
    Is Kitty not the answer to stopping Ronan's passive?

The main problem with Kitty is that's she's not SW, Colossus, Apocalypse, or Okoye, so a lot of players aren't aware that she exists.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forget that certain players with certain rosters may not understand having to use a strategy in approaching fights 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For those without Ronan/Electro, 

Polaris/BRB is the other go to team.... Load up +4 blue ap and you will be guaranteed victory as long as you can get 7 blue aps before Ronan's cd resolves unless...

1) Ronan's cd targets BRB and cascades rain down on him.
    2) there's hardly any blue tiles and your protect tiles are scattered in all directions.

If his CD targets Angel, you'll have some breathing space. 

I'm not sure if Kitty/Polaris will work because it depends on your Polaris and Angel's levels. She might or might not tank blue.

Strangely enough, I see quite a number of iHulkoyes. America Chavez + Killmonger is pretty common.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Y’all. Can we just have a moment of silence for Boosted Ronan + Boosted Killmonger + a full compliment of damage boosts matching a strong color against the CD target and doing 40k in basic match damage? 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Even though I only have 1 of these 4 champed (Ronan), he was more than enough to pair with my 4/4/4 Electro and climb to full progression. Not that scary on defense I could tell from the number of hits that came in later, but a great team to climb with.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    It means those match damage boosts stack. That's crazy. 

I smashed my way to 1500 points in pvp without shield hopping, which is a new record.  :o
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had fun with my KM and electro. Ronan's cd can be threatening but he only has that. Nothing that some KM red cannot solve, although the guy has some health I must admit that.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a lot of fun with Ronan. When the judgment CD is out, I would the focus fire on the target. Ronan 100% boosted match damage means I could do as high as 20k match damage, even without boosts. I don’t even need to wait for his CD to resolve, because with cascades, I can do 40-70k damage in that 3 turns. I respec him to 5 black, 5 red and 3 blue, because I didn’t need the blue damage. 

I realised i have played Ronan wrongly all this time. In the past, I just treated his CD as free damage over 3 turns. But that was wrong, I should just target the judgement character. I have always rated him as a decent character but I didn’t think he would be *that* strong even when boosted. 

As Ronan needs to be tanking the match damage for the black passive to take effect, Ronan only shines when his level is high. If someone has him at level 550, omg, I think the opposite party will just melt with his boosted match damage alone. (Caveat: colossus passive prevents it)
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Once 6XX Ronan targets Colossus, he's history. They won't be worried about his match damage reduction. 

Electro dealing 100k damage was crazy. 

Next stop 5* Gamora pvp, followed by Dr Doom or 5* Ghost Rider.

I don't remember seeing Colossus/Wanda in the current pvp. I believe there are players who tried this team, but their Wanda or Colossus got wiped by Ronan's cd on turn 4.  :D
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The godboost is there for to show his perfomance at maxed level.
    I remember I said in his thread he needs to tank and to be the higher leveled character in the team for he could be good and even use his red power. 
    In the end he is just another match damage meta user, and the truth is that I avoided him and in this week I have plenty of options for to not regret it.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Ronan's main draw to me is his cd going off and his repeaters. His 100% match damage boost and red power is secondary.

If his cd targets the essential, in this case, Angel, I would be targetting other characters, even if Ronan's match damage gets reduced. 

This brings me to one question, if I put Gamora and Ronan together, and if Gamora's repeater is out, will she restore Ronan match damage from 70% to 100% when he's not hitting the target of his cd?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I started off using Ronan and Thano5 in the Angel pvp, it worked pretty well and was great when the CD would start off targeting the required. But switching his partner to Killmonger turned out to be the move.