Week 20 Boosted List: Archangel, Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior), The Hulk (Immortal), OML

13»

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Just chase red for hulk, mine does just under 60k. He is very dangerous all around to both teams lol
    Agreed , he’s One Punch Man this week.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had to squeeze down a bit the spicy and daily tacos vaults as I wasted 20 health packs running Ihulk as he was damaging allies for 18k , but it was a funny climb.
    It's almost a pity that he will have only this pvp.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chavez and Miles have been fun in the SM2099 PvP. Silk (in place of Chavez) has good synergy there as well, though her placing working with strikes and attacks seems counter productive in a Polaris meta. A third that passively boosts damage based on number web tiles would be intriguing. 
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don’t know why they didn’t boost 5* Peter Parker. He would have been great in SM2099 pvp. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    That would be awesome.

I didn't see a lot of Hulkoyes. Probably because iHulk's tanking many colours over her. I did see quite a lot of iHulk with OML or ArchAngel. There was a couple of C5rol. And I don't remember seeing iHulk with Thanos.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chavez and Miles have been fun in the SM2099 PvP. Silk (in place of Chavez) has good synergy there as well, though her placing working with strikes and attacks seems counter productive in a Polaris meta. A third that passively boosts damage based on number web tiles would be intriguing. 
    This is the first PvP since I came back last February that wasn’t dominated by Polaris teams in the 4* MMR. There are mostly SM2099/Miles with either Chavez or Silk. There are still lots of boosted 5*s all over the place, mostly Arcangel and OML.  There are some iHulk but I figure it is difficult for 4* players to mitigate any self damage. This is a good example of what strategic boosts should probably look like, even if it’s a result of HHM. Still it is a little odd this PvP displaced the Polaris meta, but Miles’s did not.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,563 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was excited to Hulkbomb again, but it wasn't as effective against the stronger teams, for a couple reasons: first, Court Death doesn't hit boosted Hulk hard enough, and second, boosted Hulk's resurrection damage hits way too hard.

With that team you're taking advantage of one small but *very, very broken* interaction -- if Court Death kills Hulk, he immediately wakes up with higher match damage, while the entire enemy team is still stunned for 2 turns. 

When Hulk is boosted and Thanos isn't, Court Death rarely kills him, so the team can't take advantage of that quirk and it gets way slower.

If you manage to kill Hulk, he does get way more effective, but Thanos can only survive 5-6 of those compared to like 20 when Hulk isn't boosted.

I did successfully Hulkbomb like 30 5-point 4* fights really fast, so that was cool.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,352 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I wasn't as enamored with that team as I was expecting to be either, for the same reasons. If anyone brought themselves an unboosted 4* it was a no-brainer, but even with his atypically high base health my baby champ Thano5 wasn't very sustainable.